The world's strongest, manliest (and most expensive) beer

Is it actually brewed, and not distilled?

I do like a good old rasputin russian imperial stout, but those are only around ten percent.

I honestly dont think Brewdogs stuff is very good.

Is it actually brewed, and not distilled?

I do like a good old rasputin russian imperial stout, but those are only around ten percent.

I honestly dont think Brewdogs stuff is very good.

im sure it tastes like crap.

but could you imagine drinking that from the bottle and having to go eye to eye?!?

I had the Sam Adams Utopia recently. Talk about a stiff beer.

Never had the opportunity to try it. I tried their Millennium once, and can't say I enjoyed it that much.

Like Hossage I like Old Rasputin and really like the high-alcohol beers from Unibroue (Maudite, La Fin du Monde, etc). I've had some 11% extra IPA beers that were quite good, too. But I think there is only so much alcohol you can get from brewing before it starts to negatively impact the taste.

What about Steel Reserve? :w00t:

Stuff literally tastes like ass.

You understand when you say "literally tastes like ass", you are admitting to having tasted ass.

It isn't great, that's for sure. But honestly, I don't think it is THAT bad. I'd rather drink SR than any lime-flavored beer, Coors Light, Ultra, or any number of weak/flavored beers or most malt liquors.

In my most desperate times, it pulled me through. When you have little/no cash, a 24oz SR for $1 is a big bang for the buck. That's about the same amount of alcohol as a 6-pack of Coors Light, I think.

Never had the opportunity to try it. I tried their Millennium once, and can't say I enjoyed it that much.

Like Hossage I like Old Rasputin and really like the high-alcohol beers from Unibroue (Maudite, La Fin du Monde, etc). I've had some 11% extra IPA beers that were quite good, too. But I think there is only so much alcohol you can get from brewing before it starts to negatively impact the taste.

i have a 6 pack (well 3 now) of Founder's Old Curmudgeon Ale in the fridge. Think it's 10%. pretty tasty.

and i know what you mean, i havent had a beer that was 12% or higher that didn't taste like "we're just doing it for the number"

i have a 6 pack (well 3 now) of Founder's Old Curmudgeon Ale in the fridge. Think it's 10%. pretty tasty.

and i know what you mean, i havent had a beer that was 12% or higher that didn't taste like "we're just doing it for the number"

Never heard of it. Just googled it and it seems like pretty interesting stuff. Not too sweet, is it?

You understand when you say "literally tastes like ass", you are admitting to having tasted ass.

It isn't great, that's for sure. But honestly, I don't think it is THAT bad. I'd rather drink SR than any lime-flavored beer, Coors Light, Ultra, or any number of weak/flavored beers or most malt liquors.

In my most desperate times, it pulled me through. When you have little/no cash, a 24oz SR for $1 is a big bang for the buck. That's about the same amount of alcohol as a 6-pack of Coors Light, I think.

Bolded - How do you know?

Yeah Dean, I remember in college in ohio they had a 40 called "The Laser" for 79 cents. The stuff wasnt as bad as Steel Reserve, but it wasnt nearly as good as Golden Anniversary.

Southern Tier (just up the street from me!) had some nice ones.

had some IPA unearthly the other day at 11.2...nice!

I picked up two bottles of oak aged Unearthly in Wegmans when I was in Buffalo for the 4th. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Bolded - How do you know?

I don't KNOW, I said "I don't think", and we know that's true.

Yeah Dean, I remember in college in ohio they had a 40 called "The Laser" for 79 cents. The stuff wasnt as bad as Steel Reserve, but it wasnt nearly as good as Golden Anniversary.

Golden Anniversary as in Koch's Golden Anniversary? Terrible sweet beer. But one of my best friends really liked it. Never had The Laser.