Greg Gabriel resurfaces

FWIW, former Buffalo native and former Bears' scout and front office exec Greg Gabriel appears to have taken Mike Lombardi's spot at National Football Post. Loooking forward to reading his columns and insights going forward.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/A-Scouts-Take.html

Ah yes. Greg Gabriel. Buffalo's own. And a guy who's name was brought up repeatedly by national pundits both before and after the Bills hired Buddy Nix as GM.

Depending on when the article ran, we should hire or we should have hired Greg Gabriel, and/or Doug Whaley.

Well, Whaley works for Buddy now. And Gabriel was subsequently let go by the Bears and is currently out of the NFL.

Greg Gabriel is reputed to be an excellent football man. And I too am looking forward to his writing in the NFP.

But I'm very pleased that Buddy Nix is the General Manager of our Buffalo Bills.

edit: Thanks for posting the link, CT.

Ah yes. Greg Gabriel. Buffalo's own. And a guy who's name was brought up repeatedly by national pundits both before and after the Bills hired Buddy Nix as GM.

Depending on when the article ran, we should hire or we should have hired Greg Gabriel, and/or Doug Whaley.

Well, Whaley works for Buddy now. And Gabriel was subsequently let go by the Bears and is currently out of the NFL.

Greg Gabriel is reputed to be an excellent football man. And I too am looking forward to his writing in the NFP.

But I'm very pleased that Buddy Nix is the General Manager of our Buffalo Bills.

edit: Thanks for posting the link, CT.

That some writer wrote an article female canining about the Bills not hiring Whaley as their GM, only to see them hire him as their AGM, still makes me laugh. It's similar to all those people who laughed at Ralph for saying "I didn't understand [the CBA, that's why I didn't vote for it]" and then be proven right.

As for Gabriel, I'm surprised he's not with a team. He seemed like a decent personnel man. And I'm sure that with his experience and Buffalo connections, someone must have mentioned his name to the Bills.