The truth about Flutie !!!

I am not a huge Flutie fan but the above is incorrect. He was virtually black balled by the NFL.

:cry::devil:

Dunno where you got that, Bill. Ditka loved the guy, but new he wasn't a starting NFL QB. Doug could have stayed in the NFL and had a very productive career as a #2 and occasional starter. His giant ego wouldn't let him be that guy, so he went to Canada. I have no problem with his decision, but it was HIS decision to spend his prime up North.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you do something awful, you don't get blackballed in the NFL if you can help teams win. Flutie did ok at times when he had Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Eric Moulds, Bruce Smith, Ted Washington, Phil Hansen, etc...... on the same team.

He was a journeyman QB, nothing more. People didn't gush over Jack Trudeau and they shouldn't over Flutie either......

...that it's funny that I don't believe Flutie was a coke head?

Pretty much, although no one called him a coke head (that was just you). You seem to believe all sorts of other allegations and innuendo. That is, when you want.

He got the most he could out of the talent he had, but it was not good enough to carry an NFL team.

I agree but I ask you how many quarterbacks really are good enough to carry a team?

Flutie was perfect for the Bills. Even back then they had no blocking. He thrived on broken plays and was productive (as opposed to Losman and RJ) at rolling out. Some say he was blackballed for scabbing the 87 strike. It was said for many years that McMahon hated him as well.

Hey, I didn't like him as a person. As I recall he booked a gig for his band at the superbowl while the Bills were alive in the playoffs. But again, he was the perfect fit for the Bills. He masked the weakness of our weak offensive line, sold tickets, and even managed to win some games while doing so.

As you can see, things don't seem to change all that much. :cry:

Johnson left the field with the lead. If we cover the kick, the point is mute.

Flutie was good until they figured him out. Rush the outside keeping him contained forcing him to throw over or thru the middle.

I agree but must add that you know how to quietly make a point. :cry: