Bills sign Carrington to 4-year deal

Thanks John.

It feels like the Bills are ahead of most teams. Is that true or am I just not noticing when other guys sign?

Last I heard, no first rounder has signed yet. Pretty damn rare considering some training camps start in two weeks.

Good news about Carrington...two more to go!

Last I heard, no first rounder has signed yet. Pretty damn rare considering some training camps start in two weeks.

Good news about Carrington...two more to go!

I think the Browns actually have some reporting on this coming Friday. WOOHOO!!!!! We are getting closer to the beginning guys! Next Troup and then Spiller.

front office doing very credible job this year

Agreed let's hope the trend continues - thouigh it will likely be hard to get Spiller wrapped up before the start of training camp as people around his pick will also need to be signed.

I think that Spiller can miss some days (not the number Maybin missed) of camp and not be seriously affected by it, although I hope he doesn't. Troup however needs to be there from the get-go, and he should be.

Agreed let's hope the trend continues - thouigh it will likely be hard to get Spiller wrapped up before the start of training camp as people around his pick will also need to be signed.

http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2009/04/20...ing-status.html

If the trend continues, Spiller will be expecting 5 yrs, 30-32 million, with 18-19 million guaranteed.

That a lot of coin for a RB, especially one who wont be seeing that many carries (<--- assumption with Jackson and Lynch also getting touches)

Thanks John.

It feels like the Bills are ahead of most teams. Is that true or am I just not noticing when other guys sign?

Third-rounder's not a big deal, though it gets another pick out of the way. There's no telling on Troup and Spiller, and particularly Spiller given the difficulty the Bills have had in getting their first-rounders signed of late, especially those in the No. 8-12 slots. See Maybin and Whitner, who both missed extensive time. (McKelvin missed two days while Lynch missed one day, two practices.)

jw

Third-rounder's not a big deal, though it gets another pick out of the way. There's no telling on Troup and Spiller, and particularly Spiller given the difficulty the Bills have had in getting their first-rounders signed of late, especially those in the No. 8-12 slots. See Maybin and Whitner, who both missed extensive time. (McKelvin missed two days while Lynch missed one day, two practices.)

jw

Is it the Bills, or the agents who think they are such hot crap they can buck the slotting system? Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the Bills offers have always been reasonable but agents for players like Maybin want to see if they can get the Bills over a barrel.

PTR

Is it the Bills, or the agents who think they are such hot crap they can buck the slotting system? Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems the Bills offers have always been reasonable but agents for players like Maybin want to see if they can get the Bills over a barrel.

PTR

given what i know, and that this is a public forum, i'd prefer not to respond to that for professional reasons.

sorry.

jw

Anybody else think a 4 year deal is short for a project player? This guy should make zero to little impact his first year, so basically you are paying for 3 years, maybe less.

If we really believe this guy is a steal, we should've signed him to 5 years +. Just watch this guy get good and bolt as he is entering his prime.

Anybody else think a 4 year deal is short for a project player? This guy should make zero to little impact his first year, so basically you are paying for 3 years, maybe less.

If we really believe this guy is a steal, we should've signed him to 5 years +. Just watch this guy get good and bolt as he is entering his prime.

essentially, most third-round draft picks have traditionally signed four-year deals. i believe, under the terms of the CBA, he still wouldn't be eligible for unrestricted free agency until after his 5th year (i could be wrong here, but it's my first day back from vacation, so bear with me.)

and keep in mind, no one's stopping the bills from re-structuring the deal at some point or cutting him.

jw