Michael jordan disappointed in LeBron

Rush23

Jordan did not have to be a sellout...he played in a top NBA market in Chicago...like Kobe does....like Bird and Magic did...you don't think that matters, you are fooling yourself.

Remember the 1994 Bulls after Jordan left? Oh yeah they won 55 games, and a Hue Hollins bad call away from another trip to the Eastern Conference Finals....93 Bulls won 57.

Bulls were better then people think...am I suggesting that Jordan isn't the greatest player ever? No...but do NOT underrate the talent he had around him...and oh yeah, some guy named Phil Jackson...he is a decent coach.

Think the Cavs still win 64 games without Lebron this year? :lol::w00t:;):lol: :lol:

waitaminute. the Bulls weren't on the NBA radar before Jordan got there. chicago, though a major market, was not regarded as "a destination" as NYC, Boston, Philly or LA were. that said, Detroit wasn't an attractive market, either, and yet proved it could build a winner.

Jordan was on the fence about leaving Chicago until Jerry Krause elected to break up the team as I recall. that's what led to the breakup. Jordan, Scottie and Phil had indicated they'd stay for one more year until Jerry got involved. the Bulls -- sans Jordan -- have not been the same since. and the Bulls have been relative afterthoughts as NBA powerhouses go.

the talent around Jordan was good, but it was Jordan's team. and as he noted, he didn't need to coax Magic or Bird to come join him. with all due respect, that's the point here, isn't it?

jw

waitaminute. the Bulls weren't on the NBA radar before Jordan got there. chicago, though a major market, was not regarded as "a destination" as NYC, Boston, Philly or LA were. that said, Detroit wasn't an attractive market, either, and yet proved it could build a winner.

Jordan was on the fence about leaving Chicago until Jerry Krause elected to break up the team as I recall. that's what led to the breakup. Jordan, Scottie and Phil had indicated they'd stay for one more year until Jerry got involved. the Bulls -- sans Jordan -- have not been the same since. and the Bulls have been relative afterthoughts as NBA powerhouses go.

the talent around Jordan was good, but it was Jordan's team. and as he noted, he didn't need to coax Magic or Bird to come join him. with all due respect, that's the point here, isn't it?

jw

Jordan's supporting case is WAY better then what Lebron had...again based on the 1994 point, the Cavs really shouldn't be THAT much worse this year then with Lebron...I mean if this was all Jordan, would the Bulls still have won 55 that year?

Chicago >>> Cleveland. No offense Cleveland, we are talking markets here. Where else could Jordan have went to have a better situation at the time?

Stop. :lol:

Pippen was a great #2....the best of all-time. He was a good #1. He was not a dynamic scorer and could not be the best player on a championship team. Wade, he is not.

And Horace Grant?? Bosh will never be confused with KG or Duncan, but Grant?? A true #3 whose main role was to grab boards and give you 10-12 pts per game? You think you stick Horace Grant up in Toronto and he gets you 24 and 11?? Ha!

The best comparison to MJ, Pippen and Grant is Kobe, Pau and Odom.

OK - maybe I went too far the other way. But that's only because MJ went WAY overboard in comparing them to Bird and Magic.

How about this one? They're more like Worthy and Kareem.

Jordan's supporting case is WAY better then what Lebron had...again based on the 1994 point, the Cavs really shouldn't be THAT much worse this year then with Lebron...I mean if this was all Jordan, would the Bulls still have won 55 that year?

Chicago >>> Cleveland. No offense Cleveland, we are talking markets here. Where else could Jordan have went to have a better situation at the time?

i don't care how many games they won the following season. they haven't won a championship without him.

as for potential places he could've gone, how about: Utah. The Lakers with Magic. Seattle as a few choice destinations. heck, the Knicks were still good at that point, too. or Philly for that matter.

the point is, Jordan stayed and allowed the team to be built around him. LeBron left to form what could either be a super team or a "super ego" team, which remains to be seen.

Jordan put the Bulls on the map, and upon his departure, they are still regarded as the team "Jordan played for."

jw

And Bryant is a rapist

Stop posting after that remark, seriously. Adulterer yes, rapist not a fkn chance. That girl came to HIS room that night and had 3 different seamen samples on her body and 1 was not Bryants. Someone wanted their 15 minutes and it back fired. All those sponsors that dropped Kobe?? Yeahhh they are all back now.

i don't care how many games they won the following season. they haven't won a championship without him.

as for potential places he could've gone, how about: Utah. The Lakers with Magic. Seattle as a few choice destinations. heck, the Knicks were still good at that point, too. or Philly for that matter.

the point is, Jordan stayed and allowed the team to be built around him. LeBron left to form what could either be a super team or a "super ego" team, which remains to be seen.

Jordan put the Bulls on the map, and upon his departure, they are still regarded as the team "Jordan played for."

jw

Why all of the praise for Bosh? The guy was never even named as a 1st team all NBA or 2nd for that matter. Never lead the league in any of the 3 main statistics. Granted he can be a role layer in that system but not a guy deserving of a "max" contract. I know none of them received the max but still.

Why all of the praise for Bosh? The guy was never even named as a 1st team all NBA or 2nd for that matter. Never lead the league in any of the 3 main statistics. Granted he can be a role layer in that system but not a guy deserving of a "max" contract. I know none of them received the max but still.

i generally concur. i mean, as little as i saw the raptors play, i always wondered why bosh was so hyped on a team that really didn't do much. then again, he's relatively young, but his challenge is figuring out where he fits in with the heat. and i think that could very well be a big challenge.

jw

I think the Bosh pendulum has now swung back to underrated (or maybe even fairly rated now). He's definitely been over-hyped the past few seasons being mentioned in the same breadth as James and Wade in terms of free agency. But I think the backlash has put things back into their rightful place. Bosh is the best PF in the league and despite his limitations (defense, size), he is a great inside scorer who also has good range and nice soft touch. He could definitely be the 2nd best player on a championship team.

The max contract argument is valid, but then again, also skewed. Who really does deserve "max" deals? Are there 5 guys? 10? I think I'd only give max money to a guy who I knew I could build a team around; a franchise player. Bosh is not that.

But Bosh is more deserving of that money than say, Joe Johnson and Rashard Lewis.

OK - maybe I went too far the other way. But that's only because MJ went WAY overboard in comparing them to Bird and Magic.

I think Jordan's point was that he wouldn't have wanted to team up with two of the best players in the league at the time. You're right that you can't compare Bosh and Wade to those legends, but that isn't the point. He could have said Isaiah and Barkley, or Ewing and Drexler. It's the idea of wanting to join elite competition rather than defeat it that Jordan (and now Magic) have spoken out against.

How about this one? They're more like Worthy and Kareem.

I can't argue that...I'm too young to appreciate those Lakers teams. But I think that is a separate argument. Magic and Worthy were drafted by the Lakers. That team was built organically.

Stop posting after that remark, seriously. Adulterer yes, rapist not a fkn chance. That girl came to HIS room that night and had 3 different seamen samples on her body and 1 was not Bryants. Someone wanted their 15 minutes and it back fired. All those sponsors that dropped Kobe?? Yeahhh they are all back now.

Actually Buffalotone while we are in total agreement on pretty much all of it I disagree that it backfired for Kate Faber. She did in fact get her 15 minutes of fame and then she got a payday so she wouldn't do the Opra circuit talking about how Kobe "used" her and causing further pain to Kobe's family.

This was a low time in Kobe's life where he made a big time mistake.....but rape wasn't one of them.

Bottom line Lebron took the easy way out. Bird, Magic, and Jordan all have bashed Lebron as a guy whose fear of loosing outweighed his willingness to be great. Jordan didn't decide to join the Jazz so he could play with Stockton and Malone. Yeah Jordan had Pippen but it was Jordan's team.

Lebron couldn't handle being the guy even though he had the talent and that is such a foreign notion to guys like Magic, Bird, and Jordan that's why they are bashing him.