Bills Road Game Stories

Thanks for the support fellow law abiding American. I can assure everyone that I broke no law while the dope smokers certainly were breaking the law as well as setting a poor example for the kid. And for you folks who ask why you would pack heat at the stadium...have you ever been to the L.A. Coliseum? If you have, then you'll know why.

you most certainly DID break the law, as every NFL stadium has a "no weapons" policy and the carry permits in every state demand that you abide by property-owners' wishes within their respective states.

so say what you want about them thar dirty dope smokers, you are a criminal too.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you most certainly DID break the law, as every NFL stadium has a "no weapons" policy and the carry permits in every state demand that you abide by property-owners' wishes within their respective states.

so say what you want about them thar dirty dope smokers, you are a criminal too.

What they didn't teach you in your freshman year of law school is that some folks don't need carry permits. I'm sorry that there are so many of you anti-gun lobbyists out there and legalization of marijuana activists but please chillax. In 1991, I can assure you that I wasn't frisked upon entering the stadium. This string was not meant to be about my carrying of a firearm but I find it very interesting that more people have a problem with an armed law abiding citizen at a stadium than some L.A. degenerate smoking dope in front of his young child. Maybe most folks don't have a problem with smoking dope in front of their kids? Amazing!

What they didn't teach you in your freshman year of law school is that some folks don't need carry permits. I'm sorry that there are so many of you anti-gun lobbyists out there and legalization of marijuana activists but please chillax. In 1991, I can assure you that I wasn't frisked upon entering the stadium. This string was not meant to be about my carrying of a firearm but I find it very interesting that more people have a problem with an armed law abiding citizen at a stadium than some L.A. degenerate smoking dope in front of his young child. Maybe most folks don't have a problem with smoking dope in front of their kids? Amazing!

I think you took the comments way out of context, regardless of anything, there really isn't a legitimate reason for a fan to be at a sporting event carrying a firearm.... its just not needed. I don't do any drugs, but however I will be more concerned with the guy in the stadium carrying a firearm than I would be with the parents who are smoking up in front of their kids

Moved to South Florida around '69, met at a freind at grade school who was a die hard Dolphin Fan. His Father had season

tickets, so they would invite me to a lot of games at the Orange Bowl, Bills and others. It was during the time that the Bills lost 20 straight to them (sorry to re-open old wounds). I would root like hell for the Bills, probably why they stopped inviting me. It didnt matter how hard that I rooted for them, we just kept losing to them. I think for one game, I painetd

a bedsheet that said something like, "Don't take drugs, get high on the Bills" what an idiot I must have looked like, but when your young like that, you don't realize when you are making a fool of yourselve. I swear, one game we missed an

extra point early in the game and lost something like 31-30. I think that losing streak to the fish is were everyones health disdain for them resonates, I know it does personally for me. The Orange Bowl was kind of a charming old stadium, a lot of quirks, and parking very similiar to what you find around RWS, peoples lawns and stuff being utilized, it was a little closer to the city than RWS, but there were a lot of similiatrities. I live in Pittsburgh, and have been to many Bills Steeler games at both Heinz and Three Rivers, but that is a whole nother story, and a scary one at that too!

I think you took the comments way out of context, regardless of anything, there really isn't a legitimate reason for a fan to be at a sporting event carrying a firearm.... its just not needed. I don't do any drugs, but however I will be more concerned with the guy in the stadium carrying a firearm than I would be with the parents who are smoking up in front of their kids

Could you please give me any legitimate reason why any citizen should be carrying a firearm at ANY public place? How about Luby's in Waco, Texas or McDonald's in San Ysidro, California? How about the campuses of Virgina Tech or the high school in Columbine? These are just a few examples and the history of those events certainly would legitimize carrying a firearm. So, why not at ANY sporting event as long as it is within the law? I guess you would trust the dope smokers to babysit your kids more than the law abiding gun carrying citizen protecting yours?

How about some road game stories...

Here is mine:

L.A. Colliseum (1991?) surrounded by Raider fans. The Bills aren't haven't a good game and I'm quietly (internally) hoping the Bills get back into the game. The Bills are down at halftime and my buddy (a Raider fan not from L.A.) are waiting for the second half to start. We are sitting in the same row of what appears to be a family (three generations) and I estimate a boy about 8 yrs old, the kids dad and the kids grandfather. At halftime, dad lights up a joint and passes to the grandfather. Not one person in the stands even flinches.

In the second half, the Bills return a kickoff for a TD. During the return, I can't contain myself and I jump up screaming "Go, go, go...yes, yes..." I sit down realizing that what I've done and one of the dope smokers says, "You're in the wrong stadium for that." Little do the dope smokers know that my buddy and I are packing heat. I keep quiet the rest of the game which the Bills ending up winning.

Nice road trip. How about yours?

My other road trip was to Houston (1990?) I think Del Greco kicked a 50+ yard field goal to send the game into overtime. Andre Reed took a crossing route to the endzone in overtime for the win. The final score was something like 56-50. Crazy.

You must have been doing more than smoking a little weed to be dumb enough to take a gun into a place like L.A. Colliseum. Do you take it to PTA Meetings, Sunday School Services or Preschool Show and Tell? Someone sitting getting stoned couldn't be half as stupid as someone who carries a gun to an event like that. Your picture isn't up at the Post Office is it?

I guess you would trust the dope smokers to babysit your kids more than the law abiding gun carrying citizen protecting yours?

You don't know anything about me, so to answer it for you.... no I wouldn't. However just because you have a legal right to carry a weapon doesn't mean that any of the situations mentioned would be any better with you carrying. In fact, it could make it worse depending on how things turn out and how you react. More guns in a situation does not equal safer or smoother resolutions.

Could you please give me any legitimate reason why any citizen should be carrying a firearm at ANY public place? How about Luby's in Waco, Texas or McDonald's in San Ysidro, California? How about the campuses of Virgina Tech or the high school in Columbine? These are just a few examples and the history of those events certainly would legitimize carrying a firearm. So, why not at ANY sporting event as long as it is within the law? I guess you would trust the dope smokers to babysit your kids more than the law abiding gun carrying citizen protecting yours?

That is a whole separate issue, please don't get me started. My daughter was at school in April 2007 at VA Tech and lost 3 friends that day. Even before that incident, I have thought it is absurd that the everyday individual is even allowed to carry around firearms. There is nothing good that can come of it. Even when a Police Officer uses his weapon in self defense or to protect another human being, he is put on Admin Leave and is basically guilty until proven innocent, so how would it be handled with a regular citizen. Down here in Virginia they just passed a bill that an individual can carry a gun into a bar as long as he doesn't drink-is that freaking retarded or what. I really like Virginia, which is obvious since I stayed down here after I retired from the Navy, but when it comes to guns and the legal ability to get them, it is the most pathetic state in the country. Regardless what these Charlton Heston wannabees have on their bumper stickers, "Guns DO Kill People."

Clearly you never went to a Raiders game in LA.

Thanks for the support. Also from an newpaper article...

"...damage estimate topped the toll of the Watts riots in Los Angeles, which broke out on a hot August day in 1965 during the arrest of a black man by a white Highway Patrol officer. The Watts riots claimed 34 lives and injured more than 1,000, leaving $200 million in damage in their wake six days later."

Directions from Google Maps an 11 minute drive and approximately 4 miles from the stadium:

Crenshaw Los Angeles, CA

1. Head east on Coliseum St toward Buckingham Rd 0.9 mi

2. Slight right at Rodeo Rd 0.7 mi

3. Continue onto Exposition Blvd 1.7 mi

4. Turn right at S Figueroa St 217 ft

5. Turn right to stay on S Figueroa St 0.2 mi

6. Turn right at Exposition Park Dr 0.2 mi

7. Turn right to stay on Exposition Park Dr 0.2 mi

Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

Los Angeles, California 90037

In the second half, the Bills return a kickoff for a TD. During the return, I can't contain myself and I jump up screaming "Go, go, go...yes, yes..." I sit down realizing that what I've done and one of the dope smokers says, "You're in the wrong stadium for that." Little do the dope smokers know that my buddy and I are packing heat. I keep quiet the rest of the game which the Bills ending up winning.

Yea I dont know if the situation you described truly justified your reference to your gun.... if those crazy dope smokers talked back some more or got a lil too close for comfort what were you going to do -- shoot them? That sounds like the situation was made LESS safe just by your presence.

please dont compare that to columbine, va tech etc..... its just insulting to tell the story you did, and then reference those tragedies

Yea I dont know if the situation you described truly justified your reference to your gun.... if those crazy dope smokers talked back some more or got a lil too close for comfort what were you going to do -- shoot them? That sounds like the situation was made LESS safe just by your presence.

please dont compare that to columbine, va tech etc..... its just insulting to tell the story you did, and then reference those tragedies

Oh what a soothsayer you are! I am amazed. I will be sure to invite you to all events I attend and you can tell me which events are safe and which events a tragedy will occur. I am sure all students and all campuses in the United States feel that there is no need for a law abiding citizen/student to carry a gun...unless they need it. I am not diminishing any tragedy but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend that those tragedies never happened. Oh, how events may have changed if someone armed was able to stop these villians in their tracks. Reference the Fort Hood Shooting:

"The gunman, identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, was wounded at the scene but was captured alive and was in stable condition..."

"Eleven of the victims died at the scene, military officials said. A 12th died later at a hospital...most of those who were shot were military but two were civilians."

"...a female officer who was thought to be the first responder shot Hasan and was herself wounded and had undergone surgery at a hospital. It was not clear if the officer was a military policewoman or a civilian officer." (note: It is unclear if her or her partner shot the suspect)

"...the suspect was shot at least four times."

How much worse could this have been if there were no armed officers in the area?

Oh what a soothsayer you are! I am amazed. I will be sure to invite you to all events I attend and you can tell me which events are safe and which events a tragedy will occur. I am sure all students and all campuses in the United States feel that there is no need for a law abiding citizen/student to carry a gun...unless they need it. I am not diminishing any tragedy but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend that those tragedies never happened. Oh, how events may have changed if someone armed was able to stop these villians in their tracks. Reference the Fort Hood Shooting:

"The gunman, identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, was wounded at the scene but was captured alive and was in stable condition..."

"Eleven of the victims died at the scene, military officials said. A 12th died later at a hospital...most of those who were shot were military but two were civilians."

"...a female officer who was thought to be the first responder shot Hasan and was herself wounded and had undergone surgery at a hospital. It was not clear if the officer was a military policewoman or a civilian officer." (note: It is unclear if her or her partner shot the suspect)

"...the suspect was shot at least four times."

How much worse could this have been if there were no armed officers in the area?

Here Ill repost the quote from your story again

I sit down realizing that what I've done and one of the dope smokers says, "You're in the wrong stadium for that." Little do the dope smokers know that my buddy and I are packing heat.

Now..... What about that even REMOTELY resembles what you described in your last post.... besides the fact that they happened in a public place?

Im sorry, but your situation and an actual tragedy like those you described are very different. Unless you suspected the dope smokers were going to go on a rampage, you pulling the gun out would have been the real tragedy.

unfortunately, the havoc of a gun going off in a crowd of 80,000 at a stadium would be terrible. I would much rather have searches, metal detectors etc at the entrance then deal with armed and law abiding citizens making choices in that setting

Again, this characterization does not apply to you. We've already established that you are not a law abiding citizen.