This should prove global warning to the skeptics

Steely Dan

Think of the world's weather as a pendulum that swings back and forth. Then think of the average global temperature as an accelerator. Adding more heat is like stepping on an accelerator that makes the pendulum swing to greater extremes. So that means hotter hot days, colder cold days, and stronger storms.

And it escapes me how people fail to understand (or choose to ignore) that the pendulum has been swinging back and forth for 4.5 billion years and has created far more extreme conditions on this planet than a couple feet of beach erosion.

It is the ultimate in hubris to assume that something that has been happening naturally for billions of years is suddenly the result of humans.

And no Steely Dope, no one is saying 'trash the environment'. If anything, we need stronger environmental protections in our country. But what we don't need is yet another multi billion dollar government scam designed to seize still more power and money from its citizens.

Anyone who thinks buying a "carbon credit" or having Congress pass Cap 'N Trade! will stop the planet from warming or cooling is a 100% certified retard.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liars can get on panels. Nobody is paying scientists not to find global warming, but lots of people are paying people to find it.

I looked at the pool of data they had, and found that they simply eliminated all of the coldest data. You dont need to be an astrophysicist to see that.

This why debate is pointless. If you don't agree with something you call whoever a liar. But if that panel agreed with you then it's dead on right. You think global warming is big business? Then you're missing the millions being spent on disproving it. You are so fond of pointing to a profit motive in global warming but ignore the financial interest corporations have in disproving it.

PTR

Gun and ammo sales after election.

I also noticed that while people are attacking my other posts, no one else is commenting on the "pendulum" post.

PTR

I am sure not going to comment on that hot mess. I think there are real factors to be considered, including solar activity, the earths electromagnetic energy, the different layers of the atmosphere, surface changes on the earth, ect, ect. Pendulum and accelerator stuff sounds like superstition to me.

Promo, I called them liars because I did the research myself, not because I agree or disagree with their political bias. Go google Lord Moncktons climate change site or one of the many that explains how they arrived at their data, and stop accusing me of things.

Promo, I am amazed that you think denying climate is bigger business than supporting it. I have never heard anyone else voice that opinion.

I really dont want to talk about this anymore.

They probably did "fudge" the data. Basically, it's how most science is done, only it's called "massaging" or "analysing" the data.

Wait, who fudged the data? Fox or the scientists? both of them can be shady at times especally professors like this and news anchors

And it escapes me how people fail to understand (or choose to ignore) that the pendulum has been swinging back and forth for 4.5 billion years and has created far more extreme conditions on this planet than a couple feet of beach erosion.

It is the ultimate in hubris to assume that something that has been happening naturally for billions of years is suddenly the result of humans.

And no Steely Dope, no one is saying 'trash the environment'. If anything, we need stronger environmental protections in our country. But what we don't need is yet another multi billion dollar government scam designed to seize still more power and money from its citizens.

Anyone who thinks buying a "carbon credit" or having Congress pass Cap 'N Trade! will stop the planet from warming or cooling is a 100% certified retard.

Absolutely true that the climate pendulum has swung since the earth was created. The earth was once covered with a mile of ice, and it's been much hotter than it is now. Climate changes are a completely natural occurrence. But that doesn't mean that humans and the industry that we generate has no effect either.

Humans weren't on the planet during most of those extremes. We evolved in a period of relative climate calm. Yes we did live through an ice age about 10,000 years ago but at that time there were fewer of us, and most people lived as nomads following game.

The debate over whether climate change is natural or caused by humans is somewhat irrelevant. The real question how the 6 Billion + people on the planet can adapt to a sudden change in the environment. Probably not.

PTR

Which is more of an indictment on liberals than anything else - but don't let that stop you from using a single piece of data to prove something as complicated as the earth's environment, you friggin' moron.

A moron wouldn't understand that the point of the thread is that you can't use a single piece of data. The point of the thread is that those who use a single point of data to believe it doesn't exist, should use it to prove it does exist because both are equally stupid. Go back and reread the original post and maybe you'll get it.

The fact that you don't understand anything about guns and are unable to process the simple point that an AK-47 is basically a less accurate Winchester .308 rifle that looks more menacing isn't my problem, anymore than the fact that the average liberal can't understand what the Second Amendment really means. It's a symptom of the brainwashing followership that has always plagued humanity.

So the answer is no.

Look at you, trying to puff out your chest. No one's buying what you're selling.

That's funny coming from the king of chest puffers. You rail on people for being what you believe is stupid and yet you can't take it. You're so transparent in your idiocy that nobody has ever bought what you're selling.

That's where you're wrong. I know my limitations. That's why I don't implicitly trust people because they supposedly share my political beliefs. Global Warming (now Climate Change) has been a charade from the beginning. The worst part of it is how much money and research it has diverted from the REAL environmental problems the planet is facing. Of course that's not sexy and it's not reported very often on "for profit" news sites, so instead I have to deal with idiots like you who regurgitate the "Climate Change" garbage and flock to see Al Gore's woeful Power Point presentation like it's gospel.

Now get back to CNN, where news happens. :devil:

Trust me AD you don't know your limits. If I had a nickel for every stupid antagonistic post of yours I'd be a billionaire. You don't have intelligent thoughts or use facts most of the time. Instead you rail on people on a personal level making you believe you are superior in your knowledge and that proves how lame you really are. I'm still waiting on an answer to the AK-47 question. Obviously you're too much of a moron to be able to come up with one in four years.

Try to post an argument with someone of a differing opinion that doesn't include name calling once in awhile. If I see one of those posts then it will be the first. You've accused me of not knowing what I'm talking about and then had egg on your face when I've proven myself and yet I haven't seen one post from you admitting a mistake, ever.

The day you start using reasonable discourse instead of pompous insults I'll start taking you seriously. That day will most likely never come.

A moron wouldn't understand that the point of the thread is that you can't use a single piece of data. The point of the thread is that those who use a single point of data to believe it doesn't exist, should use it to prove it does exist because both are equally stupid. Go back and reread the original post and maybe you'll get it.

Even your attempts at "gotcha" are pathetic. You honestly believe that doing EXACTLY the same thing you apparently don't like is somehow a win? Good work.

So the answer is no.

:devil: You never disappoint.

That's funny coming from the king of chest puffers. You rail on people for being what you believe is stupid and yet you can't take it. You're so transparent in your idiocy that nobody has ever bought what you're selling.

Ah, the "I know you are but what am I" defense. Way to elevate.

Trust me AD you don't know your limits. If I had a nickel for every stupid antagonistic post of yours I'd be a billionaire.

Nah, you'd still be a moron and someone else would've taken all your nickles in a ridiculously lame scheme.

You don't have intelligent thoughts or use facts most of the time.

That's pretty much the ultimate compliment.

Instead you rail on people on a personal level making you believe you are superior in your knowledge and that proves how lame you really are.

Check that last one. THIS is pretty much the ultimate compliment.

I'm still waiting on an answer to the AK-47 question. Obviously you're too much of a moron to be able to come up with one in four years.

Asked and answered. Repeatedly.

Try to post an argument with someone of a differing opinion that doesn't include name calling once in awhile. If I see one of those posts then it will be the first. You've accused me of not knowing what I'm talking about and then had egg on your face when I've proven myself and yet I haven't seen one post from you admitting a mistake, ever.

Link a few mistakes. It shouldn't be too hard, if there are so many of them. When you have an intelligent post derived from something other than a master/slave relationship, I'll treat you better.

The day you start using reasonable discourse instead of pompous insults I'll start taking you seriously. That day will most likely never come.

You're right, Rainman...er...Steely...er...Feynman. I pine for the day YOU take me seriously. How ever will I get through? Oh wait. I stopped caring about being popular with the tards in grade school.

:blink:

The debate over whether climate change is natural or caused by humans is somewhat irrelevant

It's not irrelevant as long as Obama and his lemming followers all want to lay blame (and huge taxes) at the feet of the people who create jobs and economic prosperity in this country. And the fact that it's been happening for 4.5 billion years pretty much settles the question anyway.

The real question how the 6 Billion + people on the planet can adapt to a sudden change in the environment. Probably not.

Probably not. This planet was never meant to hold 7 billion people and counting, with or without a climate shift. But even if it was possible to avoid a long term disaster, no one is talking about how to help 7 billion people adapt to a sudden or even gradual change in climate. Instead, our "leaders" are talking about assigning blame as a means to shift financial fortunes to -- surprise, surprise -- themselves.

Even your attempts at "gotcha" are pathetic. You honestly believe that doing EXACTLY the same thing you apparently don't like is somehow a win? Good work.

:devil: You never disappoint.

You still can't comprehend can you? Did you see this? It's the first sentence in my post; If you're dumb enough to post about cold temperatures being proof that global warming doesn't exist then you should be dumb enough to believe that this proves it.

How do I know you're somehow going to attempt to turn that against me when it proves what an idiot you are.

Ah, the "I know you are but what am I" defense. Way to elevate.

Too funny! You're answer to my calling you out on that is to use a juvenile response.

Nah, you'd still be a moron and someone else would've taken all your nickles in a ridiculously lame scheme.

That's pretty much the ultimate compliment.

Check that last one. THIS is pretty much the ultimate compliment.

Excellent debating skills.

Asked and answered. Repeatedly.

No, no you haven't. Just a reminder here's the question; Tell me why are AK-47's necessary for society, without using the phrase "It's my second amendment right? Also, without using sarcasm.

I didn't ask if they were almost the same as any other firearm. So quit avoiding the question and answer it. The obvious problem you have is you can't answer it without looking like a lunatic.

Link a few mistakes. It shouldn't be too hard, if there are so many of them. When you have an intelligent post derived from something other than a master/slave relationship, I'll treat you better.

You're right, Rainman...er...Steely...er...Feynman. I pine for the day YOU take me seriously. How ever will I get through?

:blink:

When you answer the AK-47 question I'll go back. I've pretty much ignored you for so long now that I'd have to go back far to find anything I can remember and I'm not gonna sift through your drivel to find a current one.

It's not irrelevant as long as Obama and his lemming followers all want to lay blame (and huge taxes) at the feet of the people who create jobs and economic prosperity in this country. And the fact that it's been happening for 4.5 billion years pretty much settles the question anyway.

Have you read anything PTR has posted. The pendulum swing has been happening but it's average is moving upwards. Get it?

Probably not. This planet was never meant to hold 7 billion people and counting, with or without a climate shift. But even if it was possible to avoid a long term disaster, no one is talking about how to help 7 billion people adapt to a sudden or even gradual change in climate. Instead, our "leaders" are talking about assigning blame as a means to shift financial fortunes to -- surprise, surprise -- themselves.

Yes, business' have no reason to lie themselves so they don't have to do things to help with the problem. You are so pro-business that you can't even make a reasonable argument.

My thoughts, since no one cares...

The guns and ammo have been selling like hotcakes because the hype surrounding the myth that Obama wants to take away guns. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but it is unconstitutional. I think everyone should have a gun.

That being said, an AK-47 should be legal to own just like a BAR. The right to bear arms in the constituion does not discriminate for better or for worse. I believe our forefathers realized that some day the simple long riffle would one day be obsolete and phazers would be the normal weapon of choice. Does that mean that a phazer does not meet he criteria for a "gun?" Gun as defined by wikipedia meets many possible applications.

Maybe it could be said like this; since they say that you cannot truly appreciate the first amendment until you have had it removed from your life, do we really want to find out how important guns are when they are removed from our homes?

Also, global warming is beyond human control. We may be able to manipulate it but we cannot control it. PTR is right, there is a pendulum. There was an ice age before people and there was a time when the whole earth was covered in lava. Humans have been on this earth for only a fraction of time. Mother nature is one power b^tch.

I wish I was not too lazy to find it but there was a complete retard in California who wanted farmers to pay a fee per head of cattle ($50/yr or something like that) for every cow due to emissions. Doing that would crush the cattle industry on the small and local level and put feedlots at the heart of our food chain. Very dangerous. People and their idiocracy are just dangerous - most of these people vote.

You still can't comprehend can you? Did you see this? It's the first sentence in my post; If you're dumb enough to post about cold temperatures being proof that global warming doesn't exist then you should be dumb enough to believe that this proves it.

You're right. I don't habla tard too well. Can you post your hypocritical argument 20 more times?

How do I know you're somehow going to attempt to turn that against me when it proves what an idiot you are.

That sentence is just awesome.

Too funny! You're answer to my calling you out on that is to use a juvenile response.

Your.

Excellent debating skills.

Thanks.

No, no you haven't. Just a reminder here's the question; Tell me why are AK-47's necessary for society, without using the phrase "It's my second amendment right? Also, without using sarcasm.

Yeah, I have. The fact that you're a coward who's ignorant about guns and the laws that surround them aren't my problems. Anyone on this site can do a search on "assault weapons" and my username and watch me roast your pathetic ass over and over again on that subject. Your skull is thick, which is probably how you made it through bike riding during childhood. You can also note that I used you're and your correctly.

I didn't ask if they were almost the same as any other firearm. So quit avoiding the question and answer it. The obvious problem you have is you can't answer it without looking like a lunatic.

The obvious problem is you're too stupid to understand that a legal AK-47 is only cosmetically different than a garden variety hunting rifle. Yet somehow that makes me a lunatic. :devil:

When you answer the AK-47 question I'll go back. I've pretty much ignored you for so long now that I'd have to go back far to find anything I can remember and I'm not gonna sift through your drivel to find a current one.

You've ignored me? Your mental masturbation is so acute that you've got friction burn.

In short, you have nothing to offer on your accusation. That's not a surprise, since that's generally what you bring to the table each and every day. Now get back to finding average looking chics on the internet and pretending they'd be interested in you in anything short of a post-apocalyptic earth.

Rfey, I really think that government has more to gain from cap and trade than business has to lose. Big business will be rewarded, and taxpayers will lose. A cap and trade scheme will hit similar industries in a similar manner. You have called that argument unreasonable, but I think if you look at who funds the majority of climate research you will find that government bodies are a major contributor.

I think you are looking at this from a partisan or political point of view rather than a scientific point of view. I noticed that in your many posts you did not once address any factor of natural science at all.

You're right. I don't habla tard too well. Can you post your hypocritical argument 20 more times?

That sentence is just awesome.

Your.

Thanks.

Yeah, I have. The fact that you're a coward who's ignorant about guns and the laws that surround them aren't my problems. Anyone on this site can do a search on "assault weapons" and my username and watch me roast your pathetic ass over and over again on that subject. Your skull is thick, which is probably how you made it through bike riding during childhood. You can also note that I used you're and your correctly.

The obvious problem is you're too stupid to understand that a legal AK-47 is only cosmetically different than a garden variety hunting rifle. Yet somehow that makes me a lunatic. :blink:

You've ignored me? Your mental masturbation is so acute that you've got friction burn.

In short, you have nothing to offer on your accusation. That's not a surprise, since that's generally what you bring to the table each and every day. Now get back to finding average looking chics on the internet and pretending they'd be interested in you in anything short of a post-apocalyptic earth.

Wow, you're (notice I used it right. Just like I have thousands of times before.) really pathetic. I've told you how you have nothing to say and so you use insults and you go out and produce more posts proving me right. You still have not answered the question and you know it. You keep saying you have but you haven't. Maybe it's just because you're (look used it right again) too stupid to comprehend English. If you can't admit that you were wrong about the supposition of my original post then you are too stupid to read.

AD, I'm done with you. A cat will eventually tire of playing with a mouse and eventually just kill the thing. I have metaphorically killed you here. Go ahead and put up another insult laden post with no facts and a lot chest puffery in an attempt to make yourself look like a big man, but so many people here see through your (look used it right again, maybe the time you cited above is just a typo.) name calling to the emptiness of your posts and it just keeps getting more and more pathetic for you. The most pathetic thing is that you're (look used it right again.) an adult and the best you can do is insult laden posts.

I find it hysterical that you can dish it out but you can't take it.

:devil:

When you start posting like an adult maybe I'll respond again but I'm sure you're (look used it right again) too juvenile to attain that level of maturity.

I figured when June was as warm as it was, they would be back out again. :devil:

Just like the other side comes out when there is a cold snap. The point of the original post is that it's a stupid thing to do every time there is a hot or cold spell.

Trust me AD you don't know your limits. If I had a nickel for every stupid antagonistic post of yours I'd be a billionaire.

MR. Limbaw AD has 30,656 posts. Even if they are all stupid and antagonistic when you multiply that by .05 and you get $1,532.80. Unless you convert that to some worthhless currency like Canadian you are not going to be a billionaire.

Have you read anything PTR has posted. The pendulum swing has been happening but it's average is moving upwards. Get it?

Your understanding of pendulums and moving averages must be remarkable. 'Average moving upward' from what, the last 4.5 billion years? We're experiencing the most extreme changes in the planet's history now? :devil:

Yes, business' have no reason to lie themselves so they don't have to do things to help with the problem. You are so pro-business that you can't even make a reasonable argument.

Newsflash: No one can make a reasonable arguement about anything to an ignorant, self-pitying, shut-in who is incapable of any original thought or responding to the point that was made that our gov't isn't proposing anything that will help.

Data as in what you are determining by the month is relatively new, but based on sea level changes and a variety of other techniques they have been able to estimate the global temperature average over the past 4.6 trillion years.

Undeniably the planet is warmer than it was 500+ years ago when Columbus was sailing through the Atlantic as tiny islands that were able to be landed on are now buried underwater as the sea level has risen considerably.

And before that they were lower, and before that they were higher. It's already been talked about later in the thread and I really don't have anything else to add. But it's safe to say that anyone who brings up statistics based on a 20 year span and thinks they're making some sort of valid point just isn't worth spending time on. My "thousands of years" comment doesn't even scratch the surface, but quoting things like 4th year in a row and 19th June in a row is just absurd.