This should prove global warning to the skeptics

Steely Dan

If you're dumb enough to post about cold temperatures being proof that global warming doesn't exist then you should be dumb enough to believe that this proves it. :devil:

Somehow I think those who don't believe in global warming will somehow find a way to weasel out of the convoluted logic that makes cold temps mean it doesn't exist and apply it to record warm temps.

Report: Warmest June on record globally

By Angela Fritz, CNN Meteorologist

July 18, 2010 5:10 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Last month was the warmest June on record worldwide, according to a report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Warmer-than-average conditions were present across nearly all continents, including much of the United States, according to the organization's State of the Climate report, released Friday.

Although global sea surface temperatures ranked the fourth-warmest on record, the combination of land and sea anomalies pushed June 2010 past June 2005, previously the warmest June on record, the report said. June was also the fourth consecutive month in a row of record warmth worldwide.

Meanwhile, wetter-than-average conditions were present in southern India, southern China, southern Europe and the U.S. Midwest, the report said. In contrast, southwest Australia is experiencing record-setting rainfall deficiencies, with the lowest rainfall on record for the first half of the year, according to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology. The Bureau reported that all states and territories in Australia experienced drier-than-average conditions in June.

June also marked a record low in Arctic sea ice -- the 19th June in a row the sea ice has been below average.

Don't go by a month of temperatures go by years of data. JMO

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The earth doesn't give a crap about 20 years of data. If you're not looking at thousands of years then you have no idea what is "normal".

If you're dumb enough to post about cold temperatures being proof that global warming doesn't exist then you should be dumb enough to believe that this proves it. :devil:

Somehow I think those who don't believe in global warming will somehow find a way to weasel out of the convoluted logic that makes cold temps mean it doesn't exist and apply it to record warm temps.

Report: Warmest June on record globally

By Angela Fritz, CNN Meteorologist

July 18, 2010 5:10 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Last month was the warmest June on record worldwide, according to a report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Warmer-than-average conditions were present across nearly all continents, including much of the United States, according to the organization's State of the Climate report, released Friday.

Although global sea surface temperatures ranked the fourth-warmest on record, the combination of land and sea anomalies pushed June 2010 past June 2005, previously the warmest June on record, the report said. June was also the fourth consecutive month in a row of record warmth worldwide.

Meanwhile, wetter-than-average conditions were present in southern India, southern China, southern Europe and the U.S. Midwest, the report said. In contrast, southwest Australia is experiencing record-setting rainfall deficiencies, with the lowest rainfall on record for the first half of the year, according to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology. The Bureau reported that all states and territories in Australia experienced drier-than-average conditions in June.

June also marked a record low in Arctic sea ice -- the 19th June in a row the sea ice has been below average.

CNN would like to thank the terminally stupid for regurgitating their version of "science". When a very small percentage of people get very, very rich trading "carbon credits" while the average person sees significant increases in the price of goods and energy, it'll be people like you who deserve ALL of the blame.

CNN would like to thank the terminally stupid for regurgitating their version of "science". When a very small percentage of people get very, very rich trading "carbon credits" while the average person sees significant increases in the price of goods and energy, it'll be people like you who deserve ALL of the blame.

Yes, it's all a big conspiracy by libs. Did it occur to you that business' are making their own conspiracy theories because they don't want to pay for the things to help stop it.

What escapes most of the detractors of global warming is the literal meaning of the phrase "global warming." It does not refer how hot it is any any given moment but the average global temperature.

Think of the world's weather as a pendulum that swings back and forth. Then think of the average global temperature as an accelerator. Adding more heat is like stepping on an accelerator that makes the pendulum swing to greater extremes. So that means hotter hot days, colder cold days, and stronger storms.

PTR

Part of the climategate fiasco was the falsification of data. It is a fact that they simply threw out temperature numbers they didnt like. This is the climate data the NOAA and ICC both use this data. They move the thermometers into warm places, like cities, and compare them to historical data. In other words, they lie.

So many sites expose this it doesnt take lomg to find one. Wattsupwiththat.com is an easy one.

Yes, it's all a big conspiracy by libs. Did it occur to you that business' are making their own conspiracy theories because they don't want to pay for the things to help stop it.

You mean like how Obama is going to outlaw ammo, which made bullet sales skyrocket? :devil:

PTR

That's right, "Feynman". Everything comes down to some stupid partisan debate. You need to change your screen name again. Something like "Flounder" would be appropriate.

Your posts are so stupid they should come with a PMRC warning label. Stick to trying to figure out which internet chics are hot - it's a much more appropriate use of your time.

What escapes most of the detractors of global warming is the literal meaning of the phrase "global warming." It does not refer how hot it is any any given moment but the average global temperature.

Think of the world's weather as a pendulum that swings back and forth. Then think of the average global temperature as an accelerator. Adding more heat is like stepping on an accelerator that makes the pendulum swing to greater extremes. So that means hotter hot days, colder cold days, and stronger storms.

PTR

Thank you. That's the point I'm trying to make. Some of the people here think that very cold winters disprove global warming. I'm trying to see if any of them can use that same logic to believe global warming.

You mean like how Obama is going to outlaw ammo, which made bullet sales skyrocket? :devil:

PTR

I never heard about that. That's hysterical. It just goes to show how stupid some people are.

Which a panel just said didn't happen. What a coincidence that Fox News overlooked that tidbit.

PTR

I saw that the other day and I was waiting for one of the deniers here start a thread about that. IIRC, somebody made a thread when the accusations first came out.

Which a panel just said didn't happen. What a coincidence that Fox News overlooked that tidbit.

PTR

Promo, I looked at what data they kept and what they didnt from the pool of what they started with on some astrophysicists website and came to the conclusion the data was blatantly falsified. I didnt hear it on televison.

Do you really want to be that guy who brings Fox News into a discussion that has nothing to do with it? I dont watch that channel.

Promo, global warming is big business. There will always be a panel to support it. There will always be 50 panels who know what to say to get funded.

Rfeynman said something about arctic ice. The stated goal of the Soviet Union and later Russia's weather modification programs was to warm the arctic.

That's right, "Feynman". Everything comes down to some stupid partisan debate. You need to change your screen name again. Something like "Flounder" would be appropriate.

Your posts are so stupid they should come with a PMRC warning label. Stick to trying to figure out which internet chics are hot - it's a much more appropriate use of your time.

It is a partisan debate. I don't know too many libs who deny global warming.

You're one to talk about stupid posts. Have you come up with a reason why AK-47's are necessary for society yet. It's only been over 4 years.

The drivel you post is great when I need a laugh at how dumb people can be. If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be Einstein. Unfortunately you're not even 1% as smart as you think you are.

Promo, I looked at what data they kept and what they didnt from the pool of what they started with on some astrophysicists website and came to the conclusion the data was blatantly falsified. I didnt hear it on televison.

Do you really want to be that guy who brings Fox News into a discussion that has nothing to do with it? I dont watch that channel.

:devil:

Promo, global warming is big business. There will always be a panel to support it. There will always be 50 panels who know what to say to get funded.

What makes you think you know more about this than the people who reevaluated the data?

The earth doesn't give a crap about 20 years of data. If you're not looking at thousands of years then you have no idea what is "normal".

Data as in what you are determining by the month is relatively new, but based on sea level changes and a variety of other techniques they have been able to estimate the global temperature average over the past 4.6 trillion years.

Undeniably the planet is warmer than it was 500+ years ago when Columbus was sailing through the Atlantic as tiny islands that were able to be landed on are now buried underwater as the sea level has risen considerably.

What makes you think you know more about this than the people who reevaluated the data?

Liars can get on panels. Nobody is paying scientists not to find global warming, but lots of people are paying people to find it.

I looked at the pool of data they had, and found that they simply eliminated all of the coldest data. You dont need to be an astrophysicist to see that.

All you need is 20 minutes and google to find out the same thing for yourself.

It is a partisan debate. I don't know too many libs who deny global warming.

Which is more of an indictment on liberals than anything else - but don't let that stop you from using a single piece of data to prove something as complicated as the earth's environment, you friggin' moron.

You're one to talk about stupid posts. Have you come up with a reason why AK-47's are necessary for society yet. It's only been over 4 years.

The fact that you don't understand anything about guns and are unable to process the simple point that an AK-47 is basically a less accurate Winchester .308 rifle that looks more menacing isn't my problem, anymore than the fact that the average liberal can't understand what the Second Amendment really means. It's a symptom of the brainwashing followership that has always plagued humanity.

The drivel you post is great when I need a laugh at how dumb people can be.

Look at you, trying to puff out your chest. No one's buying what you're selling.

If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be Einstein. Unfortunately you're not even 1% as smart as you think you are.

That's where you're wrong. I know my limitations. That's why I don't implicitly trust people because they supposedly share my political beliefs. Global Warming (now Climate Change) has been a charade from the beginning. The worst part of it is how much money and research it has diverted from the REAL environmental problems the planet is facing. Of course that's not sexy and it's not reported very often on "for profit" news sites, so instead I have to deal with idiots like you who regurgitate the "Climate Change" garbage and flock to see Al Gore's woeful Power Point presentation like it's gospel.

Now get back to CNN, where news happens. :devil: