The corruption of youth and the failure of family values.

BillsRUs

Linkin Park was underground before Hybrid Theory. One of their best songs, My December was not released early and still I think only found on the internet.

Contrary to popular belief Linkin Park was not established by record companies. Shinoda and Delson and another friend started the band in the mid 90's. Later Chester joined and they toured as a couple bands in the 90's. They changed to Linkin Park some time after Chester joined and were signed to a record company, WB I believe, for their first album. WB was a huge. However, LP did not want to release more albums because they did not like the creative control WB took.

Mr Hahn may take beats from Jay Z who takes them from various places, but they create original music that before them did not exist. For teens in the 90's who were not fans of the whole "grunge" thing it was a welcomed new genre shift. It combined the beats and baselines of rap, the sound of hard driven rock, lyrics that provided more than just words, and vocals that were crisp.

LP's music has been a little bit down since Minutes to Midnight but

was an amazing video. Johnny Cash's Hurt and What I've Done are my two all time favorite music videos.

Also, Ford Minor was a brilliant venture by Shinoda.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow up article/interview with Jessie...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Technology/jessi...ory?id=11224731

Well at least she has dreams:

She likes music and can play a little bit of guitar. She dreams of a career styling hair and makeup -- and maybe learning how to do body piercings.

Un!@#$ing believable. I feel so much better about myself as a parent at least.

Well at least she has dreams:

Un!@#$ing believable. I feel so much better about myself as a parent at least.

"I'm going to continue making my videos, I'm going to continue updating my Twitter and going on Stickam and stuff -- just going to be a little more careful with who sees what I'm doing," the girl told ABCNews.com. Because of her age she is identified here by her screen name "Jessi Slaughter" rather than her real name.

But her mother, Diane Leonhardt, said things will change in their house. While Jessi will not be banned from using the Internet, a detective will come by the house next week to sit with her and explain how use the Internet safely and responsibly.

lol

lol

I thought about quoting that last one you did too. I mean, I guess I can see how they (the parents) weren't paying attention to her internet habits (unforgivable IMO, but I can see it happening). After it was brought to their attention though, the response is distinctly underwhelming.