Chan coaching them up

Pilsner

I just had an epiphany. Ok so HC's draft qb's and usually they try to make said qb try and fit the HC's system or whatever system the HC is accustomed and used to. Which is all fine and dandy if the HC finds the right qb for his scheme.

Maybe Chan has a system he prefers as well. But the thing about him is, he is given qb's who don't necessarily fit a particular scheme 100% of the time. He gets under achieving qb's or run first qb's. Chan adapts to what these qb's can bring to the table and makes them click in the offense he teaches.

What i'm getting at is Chan "adapts" and makes the most out of his qb's limited talents. To me this is a sign of a HC who sees more phases of the game than most. Brohm was drafted by GB and he wasn't a good fit for their system. Maybe Brohm is only good in Louisville's system. That's kind of what Chan is installing. GB didn't do their homework by drafting him to make him "fit" into their system.

I just think it's a big positive for us that Chan has a history of adapting to player's limitations and talents and make them overachieve. I like this considering we might have gotten a coach who would have tried to force a square peg in a round hole. I'm giving Chan the benefit of the doubt. He's open minded and not a close minded Jauron.

Go Bills!!!

btw Jauron is a nice guy, but he was too close minded for us.

There's more than just the QB that will ultimately decide the outcome of how our QB plays this year. When I think of Gailey and this subject of how he's adapted to QB's strengths, built successful offenses - and I think that is really what he does - he makes the collective bunch of guys that comprise a particular offense work together successfully. So, I think, he's going to come in here and turn our bunch around from being a terribly ineffective offense into being maybe middle of the pack - and, I think we'd all be happy with a 16th ranked offense? I'm wondering: if our Tackles don't play good this year, then our QB might not get a fair chance, again. Not only did we pass on replacement QB's, but we passed on adding any significant talent to the O-line. I'm thinking in order for Gailey to work magic on this squad this year he'll have to be a keen talent evaluator - and he'll have to be right in being able to have a functioning O-line and QB with what the majority of NFL analysts beleive to be garbage.

He jumped at Spiller - and now he's got maybe the best group of RB's in the league. He's always had good running teams, more than having good QB play. So, we'll probably have a strong running game that sets up the play action pass. We'll probably see slot type routes - maybe moving Evans into the middle, or using Spiller or Easley or Parrish, and Shawn Nelson, to take advantage of the LB's stuck in the box to stop our running game. I suspect we'll have just better production offensively, and I'm excited to see it happen. I just hope we don't have to suffer through another season of our QB's getting pummelled before they've got a chance to throw the ball. Even Nix acknowledged that as being a problem last year - and yet we didn't address it.