Duct Tape Cover Ups?

How many of you were just like me last year (swept up in the madness) and went out and purchased a TO jersey knowing full well he had only signed a one year deal?

So the question is, who amongst us is going to elect to go with the Easley duct tape cover up? If not, are you planning to retire the TO jersey or continue to wear it until its dirty and faded?

Bonus question- What other jersey(s) have you purchased and covered up with duct tape because the original player flamed out? Or do you still proudly rock your Losman and Mcgahee jersey?

No nameplate cover up for me. Instead it will be a complete jersey makeover, with the exception of the nameplate. I got my hands on a 1984 Seattle Seahawks No. 45 Kenny Easley jersey. Who didn't love the '84 defensive player of the year? So yeah, I'll have to paint the jersey with the Bills' color scheme and restitch the numbers. Simple duct tape nameplate cover-ups are for lamesies. :thumbsup:

No nameplate cover up for me. Instead it will be a complete jersey makeover, with the exception of the nameplate. I got my hands on a 1984 Seattle Seahawks No. 45 Kenny Easley jersey. Who didn't love the '84 defensive player of the year? So yeah, I'll have to paint the jersey with the Bills' color scheme and restitch the numbers. Simple duct tape nameplate cover-ups are for lamesies. :thumbsup:

I loved those old Seahawks teams. Easley was a beast. Curt Warner, Jim Zorn, Steve Largent. Fun team to watch

How many of you were just like me last year (swept up in the madness) and went out and purchased a TO jersey knowing full well he had only signed a one year deal?

So the question is, who amongst us is going to elect to go with the Easley duct tape cover up? If not, are you planning to retire the TO jersey or continue to wear it until its dirty and faded?

Bonus question- What other jersey(s) have you purchased and covered up with duct tape because the original player flamed out? Or do you still proudly rock your Losman and Mcgahee jersey?

I have never used duct tape, that is pretty tacky, but when the Bills signed Bledsoe, I did remove the sewn on "Johnson" on the back of it with a razor blade until I could get one with Bledsoe's name on it. The funniest one I have seen was the year after they took a crap and McGahee came out and landed in Baltimore, one guy at training camp covered up all but the first few letters on the back and changed it to "McLovin." I have so many jerseys of ex-Bills in my closet that I refused to buy a Owens jersey, it was obvious it was only going to be a one season stop in Buffalo.

I have never used duct tape, that is pretty tacky,

I agree and am not saying that I'm going to do it with my TO jersey, I have a few others I can wear and I'm contemplating a Byrd jersey. However, I see them (tape jobs) every year, and figured that with the number of TO jerseys running around last year, it would translate into a mass influx of Easley duct tape jobs.

I have never used duct tape, that is pretty tacky, but when the Bills signed Bledsoe, I did remove the sewn on "Johnson" on the back of it with a razor blade until I could get one with Bledsoe's name on it. The funniest one I have seen was the year after they took a crap and McGahee came out and landed in Baltimore, one guy at training camp covered up all but the first few letters on the back and changed it to "McLovin." I have so many jerseys of ex-Bills in my closet that I refused to buy a Owens jersey, it was obvious it was only going to be a one season stop in Buffalo.

Look above your post

My TO jersey will be retired, just like the Jersey of any player who has left the team except the greats: Thurman, Jimbo and Bruuuce(and the occasional rocking of the Flutie).

I have a retired jersey section of my closet that includes: Losman, Bledsoe, McGahee, Spikes, Fletcher, Eric Moulds, and now... TO. All of them are in original condition(free of nameplate changes and duct tape residue) and worn to death.

Never used duct tape of changed a name, I like having the library of Bills Jerseys to look back on, kind of a recent history exhibit. I hope to find a way to incorporate them in the decor of the bar I plan on building in my basement.