Inception

Wooderson

I just returned from the midnight screening for Inception. I tried to go to the Imax but fandango wanted $18/ticket which I wasn't willing to pay, so I saw it at a regular screen. All I can say is wow, there is no room for mental relaxation during this 2 1/2 hour flick. Christopher Nolan has outdone himself, even with such titles as The Dark Knight and Memento under his belt. I read somewhere that this took him over a decade to write and I can see why. Behind every door, there's another door, and behind that door is another puzzle. It's quite complicated and intricate but the end result is magnificent and stunning. I'd recommend mental stimulation for such an experience. :bag::thumbsup:

I really want to see this movie. Reminds me (mind you this is all based on the trailer) of the Matrix.

Funny you should say that. I haven't seen it (haven't even seen a preview...), but James Rocchi (movie reviewer - http://www.cinematical.com/bloggers/james-rocchi/ ) said on the radio this morning that he hasn't felt this excited after seeing a movie since he saw the Matrix and he left the movie wondering, "How'd they do that?!"

I just returned from the midnight screening for Inception. I tried to go to the Imax but fandango wanted $18/ticket which I wasn't willing to pay, so I saw it at a regular screen. All I can say is wow, there is no room for mental relaxation during this 2 1/2 hour flick. Christopher Nolan has outdone himself, even with such titles as The Dark Knight and Memento under his belt. I read somewhere that this took him over a decade to write and I can see why. Behind every door, there's another door, and behind that door is another puzzle. It's quite complicated and intricate but the end result is magnificent and stunning. I'd recommend mental stimulation for such an experience. :bag::thumbsup:

After such a boring summer of movies, I am looking forward to this one.

Funny you should say that. I haven't seen it (haven't even seen a preview...), but James Rocchi (movie reviewer - http://www.cinematical.com/bloggers/james-rocchi/ ) said on the radio this morning that he hasn't felt this excited after seeing a movie since he saw the Matrix and he left the movie wondering, "How'd they do that?!"

Yes, it definitely did have kind of a Matrix feel to it. I'd definitely recommend it.

Yes, it definitely did have kind of a Matrix feel to it. I'd definitely recommend it.

There are few movies that I choose to see in theatres because of the price, but something tells me Inception can only be done justice on the big screen.

Tell me, would it be wise to bring a lady friend along who isn't really into sci-fi, or does it cross genre-gaps in terms of being entertaining?

I just returned from the midnight screening for Inception. I tried to go to the Imax but fandango wanted $18/ticket which I wasn't willing to pay, so I saw it at a regular screen. All I can say is wow, there is no room for mental relaxation during this 2 1/2 hour flick. Christopher Nolan has outdone himself, even with such titles as The Dark Knight and Memento under his belt. I read somewhere that this took him over a decade to write and I can see why. Behind every door, there's another door, and behind that door is another puzzle. It's quite complicated and intricate but the end result is magnificent and stunning. I'd recommend mental stimulation for such an experience. :thumbsup::wallbash:

Is it one of those movies where so many things will make sense when you watch it again? Since so many people have mentioned the Matrix, it definitely had that going. Nolan definitely nailed that kind of movie with the Prestige, so I know he's more than capable of pulling it off.

Is it one of those movies where so many things will make sense when you watch it again? Since so many people have mentioned the Matrix, it definitely had that going. Nolan definitely nailed that kind of movie with the Prestige, so I know he's more than capable of pulling it off.

AWESOME movie.

I just returned from the midnight screening for Inception. I tried to go to the Imax but fandango wanted $18/ticket which I wasn't willing to pay, so I saw it at a regular screen. All I can say is wow, there is no room for mental relaxation during this 2 1/2 hour flick. Christopher Nolan has outdone himself, even with such titles as The Dark Knight and Memento under his belt. I read somewhere that this took him over a decade to write and I can see why. Behind every door, there's another door, and behind that door is another puzzle. It's quite complicated and intricate but the end result is magnificent and stunning. I'd recommend mental stimulation for such an experience. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I concur Wooderson, I just got back from watching it myself. Christopher Nolan is one of, if not, THE premiere director in movies right now.

Whether it is Nolan's best movie, is something I will let moviefans debate. In my case, I have been thoroughly entertained by every one of his movies.

Inception is a very taught movie and is definitely an intricate puzzle. You could call this movie: "The Matrix for Mature Audiences". DiCaprio, Page, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Cillian Murphy really shine in this film. I will also have to see this movie again, as there are some parts I did not fully grasp. So definitely see it, but pay attention.

I think Stanley Kubrick would have been proud of this movie.

Bring on "Batman 3"!!!!!

Saw it last night, this movie was AWESOME! Very detailed, you won't want to go take a bathroom break in the middle of this one.

I would agree with some of the other posters in that it is similar to Matrix or Momento in that you kind of don't really know everything that's going on until the end, but it was very well done in the sense that it all came together in the end without alot of really confusing questions.

Leonardo has really grown on me, from someone I couldn't stand over the whole Turdtanic affair, into an actor I respect for his acting talent (see Shutter Island, Body of Lies).

Defintely worth the price of admission, you won't be sorry you went to this one...

Just read the AICN review on this one....can't wait! Most everyone who's commented about the film so far says two viewings are in order to fully grasp all that is going on.

Just read the AICN review on this one....can't wait! Most everyone who's commented about the film so far says two viewings are in order to fully grasp all that is going on.

well, yes and no. With the Matrix, you needed two viewings because you really didn't know what was happening until about half way through the film, so you needed to go back and watch the film with the knowledge of what was truly going on.

This film is different because they make it pretty clear what is transpiring close to the beginning of the movie, so a second watching is only needed for eye candy and enjoyment of the films little details. If that makes any sense...

There are few movies that I choose to see in theatres because of the price, but something tells me Inception can only be done justice on the big screen.

Tell me, would it be wise to bring a lady friend along who isn't really into sci-fi, or does it cross genre-gaps in terms of being entertaining?

It's quite confusing, so if the lady friend is intelligent I would recommend it. If she is one of those Twilight junkies then this movie definitely wouldn't intrigue her at all.

I almost guarantee that I'll see it again at some point. I felt like I understood a majority of the film when I was leaving but like what another poster said, it's worth another viewing to grasp all the small things that you might've missed.

I concur Wooderson, I just got back from watching it myself. Christopher Nolan is one of, if not, THE premiere director in movies right now.

Whether it is Nolan's best movie, is something I will let moviefans debate. In my case, I have been thoroughly entertained by every one of his movies.

Inception is a very taught movie and is definitely an intricate puzzle. You could call this movie: "The Matrix for Mature Audiences". DiCaprio, Page, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Cillian Murphy really shine in this film. I will also have to see this movie again, as there are some parts I did not fully grasp. So definitely see it, but pay attention.

I think Stanley Kubrick would have been proud of this movie.

Bring on "Batman 3"!!!!!

I agree completely. I've always been a huge Kubrick and Hitchcock guy, but Nolan is really stepping up his game. Every one of his movies are intelligent, complex, and very well done. He's definitely the premiere director of today's era.

well, yes and no. With the Matrix, you needed two viewings because you really didn't know what was happening until about half way through the film, so you needed to go back and watch the film with the knowledge of what was truly going on.

This film is different because they make it pretty clear what is transpiring close to the beginning of the movie, so a second watching is only needed for eye candy and enjoyment of the films little details. If that makes any sense...

Ah okay, yep, makes sense. If nothing else, this film will get me to the theater and then the 2nd viewing will be via Netflix :rolleyes:

I really want to see this too. Let's go! :)