Chan Gailey anecdote....

Buftex

I ran into an old friend, he is a good friend of a well known Buffalo resteraunt owner. His buddy told him, Chan has been coming into one of his restaraunts. He says Chan is a very nice guy, and has taken time out to talk to anyone who approaches him, and signs every autograph. This Buffalo resteraunt guy said to Chan, upon first meeting him: "Welcome to Buffalo...you know you are stepping into a huge pile of ****?" Chan just chuckled, and said, "I have a contract to coach an NFL football team, I am being paid pretty well, and I have a nice place to live...what more can I ask for?"

This "loser" is growing on me!

I ran into an old friend, he is a good friend of a well known Buffalo resteraunt owner. His buddy told him, Chan has been coming into one of his restaraunts. He says Chan is a very nice guy, and has taken time out to talk to anyone who approaches him, and signs every autograph. This Buffalo resteraunt guy said to Chan, upon first meeting him: "Welcome to Buffalo...you know you are stepping into a huge pile of ****?" Chan just chuckled, and said, "I have a contract to coach an NFL football team, I am being paid pretty well, and I have a nice place to live...what more can I ask for?"

Show me the BABY

Of course he is happy to be in Buffalo considering if it wasn't for Buffalo, he would be unemployed/retired.

Coaching a big pile of **** is better than not coaching at all, particularly when the pile of money you get is even higher than the pile of **** you are stepping in.

If nothing else, this is a nice retirement account boost for him and his family. And there is always the chance lighting could strike and he could achieve something. It is a no lose situation for him. I should be so lucky as to have a situation like this happen to me!

Of course he is happy to be in Buffalo considering if it wasn't for Buffalo, he would be unemployed/retired.

Coaching a big pile of **** is better than not coaching at all, particularly when the pile of money you get is even higher than the pile of **** you are stepping in.

If nothing else, this is a nice retirement account boost for him and his family. And there is always the chance lighting could strike and he could achieve something. It is a no lose situation for him. I should be so lucky as to have a situation like this happen to me!

You missed your calling as a professional parade pisser.

PTR

At the most Gailey would have been unemployed until Cowher coaches next season.

I love people who call a millionaire a loser, especially when that loser has a winning record in both of his stops as a head coach and was always in the playoffs as an OC. What a loser!!!!

Jerry Sullivan will find something bad to say about him weekly for his entire stay here. He sure seems like a swell guy to me, though.

If Sullivan's job were to write about his family he'd throw his wife, kids and dog under the bus daily.

In.""Paradise Lost" Satan says "It's better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." That said, I admire Chan and think he is as serious as a heart attack about making this team a winner. He's got a winning track record, a soild plan and a partner in GM Buddy Nix. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and more importantly, my support while he remakes this team.

If Chin coaches next season, and if Chin hires Gailey. Two big Ifs.

But Gailey would at the least be unemployed this season.

There is no "If" about Cowher hiring Gailey. Cowher recommended Gailey to the Rooney family as his replacement, and Gailey was was a lock to be Cowher's Assistant HC and OC.

In.""Paradise Lost" Satan says "It's better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." That said, I admire Chan and think he is as serious as a heart attack about making this team a winner. He's got a winning track record, a soild plan and a partner in GM Buddy Nix. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and more importantly, my support while he remakes this team.

I would hope that everyone would be as level headed as you and not run him out of town if this coming season isn't exactly stellar in the win/loss column. As you said, this is a remake. And remakes take some time.

I would hope that everyone would be as level headed as you and not run him out of town if this coming season isn't exactly stellar in the win/loss column. As you said, this is a remake. And remakes take some time.

Amen. I want to see this team get tougher, faster, improve and produce every week. Chan and Buddy have a plan and deserve fan support.