Kama Sutra for the kiddies of Helena, MT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if homosexuality isn't normal (which I don't believe), I always ask this...what the hell is the problem with not being normal?

True. That is why I can accept homosexuality for the individual, but not sanctioned in society.

For the record, gay relationships I feel are perfectly normal just like hetero releationships... Neither should be recognized to have an advantage over the other. Like JA said, CERTAIN behaviors are not healthy... I say that those behaviors are NOT normal.

Still society needs some sort of baseline.

No. You are wrong. Those certain hetero/homo behaviors are NOT normal.

Yes they are, that's why they happen. Normal animal behavior. We only say they're not our societies definition of "normal".

It's normal for animals (Human Beings) to want to do that stuff. It's not normal according to the rules we are taught in order to stay a civilization. But all being civilized is, is squelching animal instinct.

If we were all still living in caves and running wild and you happened upon two males having sex, you would have just kept on moving on with your hunt. Because it doesnt matter, and you have other things to worry about. You only have these reactions when comparing the behavior to what you have been told is gross and weird and wrong, for your first 30(?) years.

If we were all still living in caves and running wild and you happened upon two males having sex, you would have just kept on moving on with your hunt. Because it doesnt matter, and you have other things to worry about. You only have these reactions when comparing the behavior to what you have been told is gross and weird and wrong, for your first 30(?) years.

:bag::thumbsup:

You don't think cave people didn't tell each other what was accepted and what was not? Even animals have way of shunning the deviates among them.

"No butt hole surfing in the middle of my hunt!"

Anyway, those deviants were most likely culled through natural processes.

:bag::thumbsup:

You don't think cave people didn't tell each other what was accepted and what was not? Even animals have way of shunning the deviates among them.

"No butt hole surfing in the middle of my hunt!"

Anyway, those deviants were most likely culled through natural processes.

Since Tom lost the , You're an idiot.

What does the last line mean, exactly...

Link?

You think it is wrong because it isnt normal? Why are you such a bigot? I think we should have the children practice on realistic sex dolls. I think we should have then act out group sex and circle jerks with their life size sex dolls.

Is your sarcasm detecter broken, booster? Magox altered a quote of mine that made it look like I was in favor of teaching kids nasty things. The reality is that kids are learning about group sex, anal sex, fisting, circle jerks ect in schools. I had to hear about it in health class. If they can teach it in school, I can joke about them teaching it in school here. I was being facetious, I am not in favor if this stuff.

I've got to admit, I don't really see what the big deal is teaching young kids the anatomical terms. Hell, they don't even say *how* they are going to do it. I know when I was in elementary school they separated the boys & girls and taught you about your own bodies. Is that really that big of a deal? They're just body parts.

I can understand wanting anal & oral sex to wait until after elementary school, same with same-sex relationships (it can bring up "if they can't have kids what do they do?") type of questions. Middle-school seems more appropriate for that.

I also have no problem teaching erotic art to high schoolers.

Really though, I don't think its a big deal, especially when the article doesn't say anything about how they're teaching a lot of it. Sounds more like a "OMG THEY SAID SEX" type of article to me.

And yeah, count me on the side that *doesn't* think homosexuality is unhealthy or unnatural.

When I talk about normality I mean the actual order of the way things were created. We were created to be fruitful and multiply. Homosexuals can't do that in a natural way. I'm not a biggot or anything like that as I have relatives that live that lifestyle and I treat them just as everyone else. I have coworkers that are genuinely nice people that live that lifestyle. In the same breath though, I don't want my children to think it's something that is just the "norm" or that it's healthy to practice.

When I talk about normality I mean the actual order of the way things were created. We were created to be fruitful and multiply. Homosexuals can't do that in a natural way.

I'm assuming that was supposed to say "can't."

Well, if that is the case (bolded), then one might wonder why there are homosexuals at all. Got an answer to that? Most people like you do, although it is always unsatisfactory.

When I talk about normality I mean the actual order of the way things were created. We were created to be fruitful and multiply. Homosexuals can do that in a natural way. I'm not a biggot or anything like that as I have relatives that live that lifestyle and I treat them just as everyone else. I have coworkers that are genuinely nice people that live that lifestyle. In the same breath though, I don't want my children to think it's something that is just the "norm" or that it's healthy to practice.

What deviants from the norm would you like your children to be taught?

Smart people deviate from the norm.

Kind people too.

And tall people. Musical talent.

Stop saying it's not healthy to be homosexual. That's not true. Certain practices of heteros and homos are unhealthy.

What deviants from the norm would you like your children to be taught?

Smart people deviate from the norm.

Kind people too.

And tall people. Musical talent.

Stop saying it's not healthy to be homosexual. That's not true. Certain practices of heteros and homos are unhealthy.

We should do something about left handed people too. They always have sloppy penmanship.

This is just one article. Do a google search for yourself and see the comparisons of health risks that homosexuals face versus those of a heterosexual. It truly does make you more susceptible to certain health risks.

http://www.ncfamily.org/FNC/0707S3.html

Health Risks For MSM

While the homosexual community, the media, and many in the medical profession portray homosexuality as healthy and normal, homosexual behaviors put individuals at risk for serious physical health problems. Because male homosexual behavior is particularly dangerous, it will be discussed at length.

Physical Damage. Homosexual men who engage in anal sex are at a significantly high risk for numerous health problems. The high-risk nature of anal sex is simple: the rectum was not designed for sexual intercourse. According to amfAR, “compared to the vagina, rectal tissue is much more vulnerable to tearing during intercourse and the larger surface area of the rectum/colon provides more opportunity for viral penetration and infection.”[xxi]

In her book, Epidemic, Dr. Meg Meeker, a pediatrician, writes: “The anus opens into the rectum…which is not as well suited for penile penetration as the female vagina is. Both the anus and the rectum have rich blood supplies, and their walls, thinner than the walls of the vagina, are easily damaged. When penetration occurs, it’s easier to tear the blood vessels, which in turn increase the risk of acquiring or receiving an infection…”[xxii]

Physical injuries that can result from anal sex include: bleeding, lacerations, and perforations of the rectum and/or anal sphincter muscles. Once this damage occurs, open sores, hemorrhoids, and anal warts can result.[xxiii] Anal sex (as well as oral/anal contact) also exposes individuals to fecal matter, which can lead to a number of gastrointestinal infections, such as proctitis, enteritis, and proctocolitis.[xxiv]

Anal Cancer. Homosexual men are also at an increased risk for anal cancer.[xxv] According to the American Cancer Society, risk factors for anal cancer include: Human papilloma virus (HPV), which causes anal and/or genital warts; multiple sexual partners; and anal intercourse.[xxvi] Due to concerns about anal cancer, some health professionals now recommend anal Pap Smears for MSM.[xxvii]

STDs. Compared to heterosexual men, MSM are at an increased risk of contracting a number of dangerous STDs, including HIV/AIDS. According to the GLMA, these STDs include: “urethritis, proctitis, pharyngitis, prostatitis, hepatitis A and B, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes, genital warts and HIV infection.”[xxviii]

Recent studies indicate that some STDs, such as gonorrhea and syphilis, are increasing among MSM.[xxix] For example, gonorrhea diagnoses for MSM increased from four percent in 1988 to 20.2 percent in 2004, according to the CDC.[xxx] The syphilis rate among MSM has also increased in cities such as Chicago, New York and Seattle.[xxxi] After reaching an all-time low in 2000, the overall rate of primary and secondary (P&S) syphilis has increased for the fifth year in a row, mainly among men. According to the CDC, increased rates of syphilis among MSM “may be largely responsible” for this. The CDC estimates that more than half of P&S syphilis cases in recent years occurred among MSM.[xxxii]

MSM also have a higher risk of contracting STDs that cause liver disease.[xxxiii] According to the CDC, liver diseases such as Hepatitis A and B “disproportionately affect men who have sex with men.” About 10 percent of all new Hepatitis A (HAV) infections in the US are to MSM. The CDC says that HAV is primarily spread by the “fecal-oral route through close person-to-person contact, such as household or sex contact with an infected person.”[xxxiv]

According to the CDC, Hepatitis B (HBV), which is spread through infected blood, is also higher in MSM, who experience 15-20 percent of all new HBV infections. Risk factors of HBV for MSM include: multiple partners, unprotected receptive anal sex, and a history of other STDs, as well as injection drug use.[xxxv]

HIV/AIDS. Despite efforts by gay activists to disassociate homosexuality from the spread of AIDS, homosexual behavior, particularly among males, is associated with an increased risk of HIV. Although HIV can be transmitted through both vaginal and anal intercourse, receptive anal sex without a condom is at least 10 times more risky for contracting HIV than vaginal sex without a condom, according to amfAR.[xxxvi]

Not surprisingly, MSM experience the majority of HIV/AIDS diagnoses. According to the CDC, MSM accounted for 72 percent of all HIV infections among men in 2005 (this includes men who have sex with men and inject drugs). Among all individuals diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in 2005, MSM accounted for 53 percent of cases.[xxxvii]

Recent studies in cities across the U.S. show an alarming increase in HIV infection among homosexual men, particularly in young MSM. The CDC reports that the number of HIV/AIDS diagnoses for MSM (including MSM who inject drugs) increased by 13 percent from 2001 to 2005.[xxxviii]

In May 2007, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) renewed its 15-year policy banning men who have had sex with men at any time since 1977 from donating blood. The FDA’s explanation for the policy includes the following facts:

“Men who have had sex with men since 1977 have an HIV prevalence 60 times higher than the general population, 800 times higher than first time blood donors, and 8000 times higher than repeat blood donors.”

“MSM also have an increased risk of having other infections that can be transmitted to others by blood transfusion. For example, infection with the Hepatitis B virus is about five to six times more common and Hepatitis C virus infections are about two times more common in men who have sex with men than in the general population.”[xxxix]

What About Lesbians?

It is generally assumed that female homosexuality is less risky than male homosexuality. Although it is true that MSM experience significantly more physical health risks than women who only have sex with women, lesbians are not immune to STDs and experience other health concerns that are worthy of note.

STDs. According to the CDC, there is little data available on the risk of STD transmission during female-to-female sexual activity.[xl] This may be due in part to the fact that the majority of lesbians have also had sex with men, which greatly increases their STD risk. The CDC reports that 53 percent to 99 percent of lesbians have had sex with men and “might continue to” have sex with men in the future.[xli] Compounding the risk is the fact that some lesbians who have sex with men also engage in other high-risk behaviors, such as sex with MSM, injection drug use, and exchange of sex for drugs or money.[xlii]

Lesbians who only have sex with other women are still at risk for certain STDs. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), “lesbian women can transmit STDs to each other through skin-to-skin contact, mucosa contact, vaginal fluids, and menstrual blood,” as well as through the sharing of sex toys. Common STDs that can be passed between lesbians include: Bacterial vaginosis (BV); HPV, Trichomoniasis, Herpes; and syphilis.[xliii] BV is more common in lesbian and bisexual women than in heterosexual women.[xliv]

It is unclear whether women who only have sex with other women can transmit HIV. Although the CDC states that there are no “confirmed cases of female-to-female transmission of HIV,” the agency notes that HIV transmission among lesbians is still possible because “vaginal secretions and menstrual blood are potentially infectious and...mucous membrane (for example, oral, vaginal) exposure to these secretions has the potential to lead to HIV infection.”[xlv]

Cancer Risks. Certain cancers are more common among lesbians, specifically breast cancer and various gynecological cancers (uterine, cervical, endometrial and ovarian).[xlvi] According to the DHHS, factors that may increase the cancer risk among lesbians include: the fact that lesbians are generally less likely to bear children, and higher rates of alcohol use and obesity among lesbians.[xlvii]

Conclusion

Although homosexuality is presented to society as a healthy—and sometimes even superior—alternative to heterosexuality, the truth is that homosexual behavior represents a serious threat to individual and public health. Homosexuality, particularly among males, is associated with dangerous behaviors and increased rates of disease ranging from certain cancers to a long list of STDs, including HIV/AIDS. As recent studies show, many homosexuals continue to engage in high-risk behaviors that ignore the very real consequences to their health and the health of others. The public deserves honest information about the sexual realities of the homosexual lifestyle and the serious health risks that come with it.

This is just one article. Do a google search for yourself and see the comparisons of health risks that homosexuals face versus those of a heterosexual. It truly does make you more susceptible to certain health risks.

http://www.ncfamily.org/FNC/0707S3.html

So anal sex is risky. And sex with lots of partners is risky.

How does that specifically make homosexuality more dangerous than heterosexuality?

Do you see your problem yet?

So anal sex is risky. And sex with lots of partners is risky.

How does that specifically make homosexuality more dangerous than heterosexuality?

Do you see your problem yet?

Last time I checked, homosexual males don't have the option of taking it up the vagina if they are with another male. Hence every sexual act puts them into a higher risk bracket than a heterosexual male who only inserts his penis into a vagina and does not take it in the anus. Do you see what I'm getting at yet. :thumbsup:

Last time I checked, homosexual males don't have the option of taking it up the vagina if they are with another male. Hence every sexual act puts them into a higher risk bracket than a heterosexual male who only inserts his penis into a vagina and does not take it in the anus. Do you see what I'm getting at yet. :thumbsup:

no it doesnt. being promiscuios and unsafe is what puts them at risk. i know a lot of homosexuals, most of which lead a much healthier life than i do as a heterosexual. if you are in a committed relationship and using protection, you have very little risk. that rule applies to gay people AND straight people.

the act of buttsex DOES NOT cause AIDS all by itself.

unless this is all baiting, which i can only hope it is.

So you think every male couple is engaged in rough unprotected anal sex (Something hetero couples can do too)? And on top of that, easily ignore woman-woman couples?

Do you see the problem YET with your characterization that homosexuality, in and of itself, is dangerous?