Gather up those stones!

blzrul

Yes, but the radical gay-loving left should not have the right to force a denomination to accept a lesbian as a minister.

144112[/snapback]

It is the congregation that wants her, not the "radical gay-loving left", whoever that is. Who is on the other side of that paranoid delusion, the "salt of the earth gay hating right"? First we were "!@#$ lovers" now we are "gay lovers" the issues change but the denigrating, dehumanizing rhetoric remains the same. I don't think my general support for the idea that all Americans deserve to have their civil rights protected, even if they are gay, makes me a "radical gay-lover" anymore than being opposed to gay marriage makes someone a gay hating lunatic.

It is the congregation that wants her, not the "radical gay-loving left", whoever that is.  Who is on the other side of that paranoid delusion, the "salt of the earth gay hating right"?  First we were "!@#$ lovers" now we are "gay lovers" the issues change but the denigrating, dehumanizing rhetoric remains the same.  I don't think my general support for the idea that all Americans deserve to have their civil rights protected, even if they are gay, makes me a "radical gay-lover" anymore than being opposed to gay marriage makes someone a gay hating lunatic.

148980[/snapback]

That's too many words. No way we're going to get a good soundbyte out of that.

First we were "!@#$ lovers" now we are "gay lovers" the issues change but the denigrating, dehumanizing rhetoric remains the same. 

148980[/snapback]

Cute, but wrong. Race and sexual PREFERENCE are two completely different things. Nice try, Mick.

It is the congregation that wants her, not the "radical gay-loving left", whoever that is.  Who is on the other side of that paranoid delusion, the "salt of the earth gay hating right"?  First we were "!@#$ lovers" now we are "gay lovers" the issues change but the denigrating, dehumanizing rhetoric remains the same.  I don't think my general support for the idea that all Americans deserve to have their civil rights protected, even if they are gay, makes me a "radical gay-lover" anymore than being opposed to gay marriage makes someone a gay hating lunatic.

148980[/snapback]

The problem IMO is the congregation is part of a larger organization and so far that organization has rules against gay clergy.

The problem IMO is the congregation is part of a larger organization and so far that organization has rules against gay clergy.

149022[/snapback]

Based on the article - there is not a rule against gay clergy but a rule against being a practicing homosexual. Quite different.