Gather up those stones!

blzrul

link

Normally I don't pay much attention to church stuff but this disturbs me. I guess she can go to another church. Outside Seattle there was a similar case brought and the minister was "acquitted".

Somehow I can't picture Jesus running these people out of town. He didn't mind lepers or murderers, surely lesbians cannot be any different.

link

Normally I don't pay much attention to church stuff but this disturbs me.  I guess she can go to another church.  Outside Seattle there was a similar case brought and the minister was "acquitted".

Somehow I can't picture Jesus running these people out of town.  He didn't mind lepers or murderers, surely lesbians cannot be any different.

142975[/snapback]

So now you want to control what a church is allowed to do?

My wife attends a First United Methodist Church and is aware of this story. She's not in favor of Gay clergy due to the presence of children during services and the church doctrine itself. Too much of a distraction from the services.

I don't think this is an area for some political grandstanding. Religion is about a community of parishoners and church doctrine. I respect any decison those individual churches arrive at.

Find it funny that some people who wish to keep prayer/religion out of schools, citing the seperation of church and state, have opinions about how religions treat issues such as Gay clergy.

Can't have it both ways.

My wife attends a First United Methodist Church and is aware of this story. She's not in favor of Gay clergy due to the presence of children during services and the church doctrine itself. Too much of a distraction from the services.

I don't think this is an area for some political grandstanding. Religion is about a community of parishoners and church doctrine. I respect any decison those individual churches arrive at.

Find it funny that some people who wish to keep prayer/religion out of schools, citing the seperation of church and state, have opinions about how religions treat issues such as Gay clergy.

Can't have it both ways.

143776[/snapback]

I think one can support their right to govern their own church on the one hand and disagree with their decisions on the other. Freedom of Religion does not come with immunity from criticism.

I think one can support their right to govern their own church on the one hand and disagree with their decisions on the other.  Freedom of Religion does not come with immunity from criticism.

143849[/snapback]

Yes, but the radical gay-loving left should not have the right to force a denomination to accept a lesbian as a minister.

Can't have it both ways.

143776[/snapback]

so should people who desire to see prayer/religion in school just keep thier mouths shut? if there was something you were passionate about and wanted to see changed...how would you feel if you were not allowed to at least pursue the fight to change what you want changed?

Can't have it both ways.

143776[/snapback]

I'm not sure I get your meaning here. I don't care about religion in public schools BUT which religion would it be? Judiasm? Christianity - which denomination? Islam? Wiccan? That's the Pandora's Box that would be opened if public schools had to embrace "religion".

I don't see that as having any relationship to religious issues as relates to gays. I'm sure you can explain what yo meant; I don't want to make assumptions.

My wife attends a First United Methodist Church and is aware of this story. She's not in favor of Gay clergy due to the presence of children during services...

I'd be more worried about the pedophiles then the homosexuals.

144455[/snapback]

Good point. Then again the ignoramuses which seem to dominate our society cannot get it through their heads that there is a difference between the two.

I'm totally confused by the whole subject.  I've been raised to accept that God does the judging - and that no one else has that right.

144793[/snapback]

Now Diane, you're surrounded by Southern Baptists down there, you mean you haven't figured out yet that "personal saviour" means THEIRS not everyone's?

:w00t:

144455[/snapback]

What makes me sick is that these pigs cover for each other when they get caught and just get themselves transferred to a new church where they can carry on their pedophiliac ways in a new environment. Whats ironic is that a good percentage of these men become priests because they are homosexual. Pedophilia has been proven to be a dirty little secret of the church, but homosexuality is unacceptable?

What makes me sick is that these pigs cover for each other when they get caught and just get themselves transferred to a new church where they can carry on their pedophiliac ways in a new environment.  Whats ironic is that a good percentage of these men become priests because they are homosexual.  Pedophilia has been proven to be a dirty little secret of the church, but homosexuality is unacceptable?

145506[/snapback]

Wow, throwing stones may not be good for you. After all it is only a crime if you get caught, right? :rolleyes:

VA, are you saying theres no difference between downloading music/movies and some priest molesting your kid?  If that's the case I sure hope you don't have any kids.

$100M Clergy Abuse Deal

145703[/snapback]

Of course if anyone ever did anything to my child I would show them good old Marine training. Trust me there are enough molesters that are not priests. In fact most are not. Of course that would not make for good coverage in the media, nor a multi billion dollar organization for the "parents" to sue. It is imparitive that the media goes after the "big" boy, not the 99.9% who are the problem. And people are people. Evil bastards are evil bastards doesn't matter if they have a collar on. You and those like you want to blame everything on the big oranization and not fault the individuals who failed.

However TL, both are felonies.

link

Normally I don't pay much attention to church stuff but this disturbs me.  I guess she can go to another church.  Outside Seattle there was a similar case brought and the minister was "acquitted".

Somehow I can't picture Jesus running these people out of town.  He didn't mind lepers or murderers, surely lesbians cannot be any different.

142975[/snapback]

But I don't think he said anything like: "So you're a murderer hey whatever floats your boat I'm not here to judge" :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I would compare lepers to lesbians unless you think you can catch lesbianitis.