International Sysadmin Day - July 30th

Fezmid

http://www.sysadminday.com/

Thanks Scott for running the board!

"Let's face it, System Administrators get no respect 364 days a year. This is the day that all fellow System Administrators across the globe, will be showered with expensive sports cars and large piles of cash in appreciation of their diligent work. But seriously, we are asking for a nice token gift and some public acknowledgement. It's the least you could do.

Consider all the daunting tasks and long hours (weekends too.) Let's be honest, sometimes we don't know our System Administrators as well as they know us. Remember this is one day to recognize your System Administrator for their workplace contributions and to promote professional excellence. Thank them for all the things they do for you and your business."

Thanks, SDS. I remember TBD from the very beginnings. Spy on the East and so forth. It's come a helluva long way. Congratulations +1. Did you think it would end up like this?

In commemoration, to Sysadmins (I'm one too), here is a link to the original BOFH. I think there's a little of Simon in all of us. In my case, a huge dose.

Enjoy....

Original BOFH Linky

Thanks to all. Your checks are in the (e)mail.

/none of you could do anything without the fine folks at your electrical utility :unsure:

We have UPS and power generators in our data center. We'd be fine. :P

We have UPS and power generators in our data center. We'd be fine. :lol:

I'm sure you have diesel powered generators. Yeah - you'll be fine off the grid. :P

When you hit your knees each night, make sure you thank Nikola Tesla & George Westinghouse for everything you/me/we have. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
I appreciate this board but this "day" is idiotic.

+10000

"Let's face it, System Administrators get no respect 364 days a year.

Quick, someone call a waaambulance!

IT guys are bigger crybabies than secretaries.

Quick, someone call a waaambulance!

IT guys are bigger crybabies than secretaries.

But unlike secretaries, we can make your life at work miserable. :censored:

I brought this day up to my boss, and he authorized a huge BBQ for all of the admins -- we did it yesterday since a bunch of people were off today. :lol: