BP could be investigated for their role in the release

I think he's having trouble separating reality from fantasy now. But we'll humor him. Always a hoot when Steely wanders over to PPP.

First, please explain how exactly Enron 'ripped my family off'?

Second, what kind of stupid f---ing question is that? Where have I (or LA) ever advocated for not prosecuting white collar crimes to the fullest extent? In fact, while dopes like you were obsessing over Ken Lay because the media told you to, I recall being one of the people here pointing out that Skilling and Fastow appeared to be the true architects of the scheme and advocating for the harshest of punishments.

My job is more difficult because when this kind of crap happens, Congress overreacts to appease morons like you and we end up with Sarbanes–Oxley type rules and paranoid auditors who insist on dotting every i and crossing every t.

The example is right above your post and you think you'll have to humor me. You're an idiot, one who can't read too. Just keep calling people idiots to hide your inabilities of simple reasoning.

I'm assuming you live in CT so Enron didn't rip you off. I'm assuming LA lives in LA and so they did rip him off. It sounds to me like you have never heard that Enron manipulated the California energy market to cause brownouts and increase the amount of money California would pay for their energy contracts.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall being one of the people here pointing out that Skilling and Fastow appeared to be the true architects of the scheme and advocating for the harshest of punishments.

Sidenote: You wonder where people go wrong? Skilling's brother Tom Skilling seems like a nice meteorologist here in Chicago for WGN... So well respected... I always wondered if he was fedding the Enron Skilling weather info at Thanksgiving Day supper... :thumbsup:

Sorry... Back to our regularly scheduled PPP carping crapfest. :nana:

One more question for you guys. If it is proven that BP bribed politicians to ensure the release of Al Megrahi what will you say about that?

I don't know... Anyway, shouldn't Johnny Rotten (Sex Pistols) be dead? He was to be on that plane, except his wife took too long packing and they missed the flight.

Again.. Just trying to lighten the mood!

The example is right above your post and you think you'll have to humor me. You're an idiot, one who can't read too. Just keep calling people idiots to hide your inabilities of simple reasoning.

I'm assuming you live in CT so Enron didn't rip you off. I'm assuming LA lives in LA and so they did rip him off. It sounds to me like you have never heard that Enron manipulated the California energy market to cause brownouts and increase the amount of money California would pay for their energy contracts.

Is your opinion based on expert knowledge of California's electrical generating and transmission regulations in 2000?

I'm assuming LA lives in LA and so they did rip him off. It sounds to me like you have never heard that Enron manipulated the California energy market to cause brownouts and increase the amount of money California would pay for their energy contracts.

A good rule of thumb is not to paint someone and his family as being victims based on an assumption. Unless, y'know, you're planning on being president.

Is your opinion based on expert knowledge of California's electrical generating and transmission regulations in 2000?

No it's based on this.

Link

Enron Traders Caught On Tape

Tapes Obtained By CBS Confirm Enron Role In Western Power Crisis

By Joel Roberts

...Officials with the Snohomish Public Utility District near Seattle received the tapes from the Justice Department.

"This is the evidence we've all been waiting for. This proves they manipulated the market," said Eric Christensen, a spokesman for the utility.

That utility, like many others, is trying to get its money back from Enron.

"They're f------g taking all the money back from you guys?" complains an Enron employee on the tapes. "All the money you guys stole from those poor grandmothers in California?"

"Yeah, grandma Millie, man"

"Yeah, now she wants her f------g money back for all the power you've charged right up, jammed right up her a------ for f------g $250 a megawatt hour."

And the tapes appear to link top Enron officials Ken Lay and Jeffrey Skilling to schemes that fueled the crisis.

"Government Affairs has to prove how valuable it is to Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling," says one trader.

"Ok."

"Do you know when you started over-scheduling load and making buckets of money on that?...

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you corporate apologist idiots don't know about or lie about the existence of this stuff.

Here's more; Link

Enron Tapes Anger Lawmakers

Call For Action After Tapes Reveal Enron Role In Calif. Power Crisis

By Lauren Johnston

(CBS) During California's rolling blackouts, when streets were lit only by head lights and families were trapped in elevators, Enron Energy traders laughed, reports CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales.

One trader is heard on tapes obtained by CBS News saying, "Just cut 'em off. They're so f----d. They should just bring back f-----g horses and carriages, f-----g lamps, f-----g kerosene lamps."

And when describing his reaction when a business owner complained about high energy prices, another trader is heard on tape saying, "I just looked at him. I said, 'Move.' (laughter) The guy was like horrified. I go, 'Look, don't take it the wrong way. Move. It isn't getting fixed anytime soon."

California's attempt to deregulate energy markets became a disaster for consumers when companies like Enron manipulated the West Cost power market and even shut down plants so they could drive up prices.

There was quick reaction in Washington to the Enron audiotapes first aired by CBS News last night, and the tapes have become part of the debate over the President's massive energy bill.

"People were talking about market manipulation. People were talking about schemes, people were making jokes," said U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.

"While the president would like to have an energy bill, I'd like to have an energy bill that protects consumers," said Cantwell.

Just another example of how deregulation screws consumers. So keep spewing the lies about deregulation because it appears the Sheeple fall for it hook line and sinker. Unless of course they know what they are talking about.

So hopefully GG you just learned something. (I'm basing that on your question to me.) I know you'll never admit it because you don't have the balls to do so but I suspect you just did. I hope nobody here who didn't know about this is giving investment advice to anyone. Especially if they get money from them for it.

A good rule of thumb is not to paint someone and his family as being victims based on an assumption. Unless, y'know, you're planning on being president.

I'm sorry, I just assumed you lived in Los Angeles. Forgive me. Where do you live? Also, please stop saying what you think I believe rather than asking me what I believe, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

So a couple of questions for you corporate shills;

What would you say if it was proven BP had a hand in his release. EII can't come up with an answer that won't make him look stupid so he's bowing out. Anyone got the balls to answer it?

Did deregulation work for the people of California?

You people should look in the mirror before you start calling people idiots.

No it's based on this.Also, please stop saying what you think I believe rather than asking me what I believe, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

You assumed I live in LA and had a family during the Enron issue, and quickly color me the victim of a big, evil, greedy corporation who lined its pockets with my family's blood, sweat and tears, and then you're stupid enough to ask me to stop saying what YOU think?

That's rich, Steely. Even for you.

You people should look in the mirror before you start calling people idiots.

Unless, y'know, it's really, really obvious.

One more question for you guys. If it is proven that BP bribed politicians to ensure the release of Al Megrahi what will you say about that?

Yup it's all the big bad corporations fault and we need to rely on the government to help us. You guys are rich. :unsure:

What would you say if it was proven BP had a hand in his release.

Ummm, gee, I don't know. Maybe we should suck them dry of every penny they have and put our government in charge of doling out the money while we demonize them and their entire industry and put them in a position to go bankrupt so they can never pay what they owe for their discretions.

Oh, wait, we've already done that.

I guess the only thing left to do would be to kill Gary Burghoff.

You assumed I live in LA and had a family during the Enron issue, and quickly color me the victim of a big, evil, greedy corporation who lined its pockets with my family's blood, sweat and tears, and then you're stupid enough to ask me to stop saying what YOU think?

That's rich, Steely. Even for you.

Unless, y'know, it's really, really obvious.

Well I admitted I was wrong and I did it once. You have done it over and over and over and over again. It's priceless you call me out on the one time and seem to believe it excuses your numerous offenses.

Well you don't know about the Enron conspiracy and how deregulation led to it and numerous other corporate scandals so it's obvious you are an uneducated idiot so look in that mirror again.

You still didn't tell me where you live. BTW, why do you go by LA then?

I'll ask you the question this way then. What do you think about Enron ripping off the citizens of California?

Why did you just ignore my other two questions? Is it that there isn't an answer you can give that wont make you look like a complete idiot or hypocrite? (notice I asked you a question I didn't assume an answer.)

Yup it's all the big bad corporations fault and we need to rely on the government to help us. You guys are rich. :unsure:

What's your solution to keeping things like that from happening? :P

Ummm, gee, I don't know. Maybe we should suck them dry of every penny they have and put our government in charge of doling out the money while we demonize them and their entire industry and put them in a position to go bankrupt so they can never pay what they owe for their discretions.

Oh, wait, we've already done that.

I guess the only thing left to do would be to kill Gary Burghoff.

Nice answer. Now care to answer it seriously. IIRC, you also ignored my question about who should pay for the cleanup of the oil spill.

Why the hell should we kill poor Radar O'Reilly?

Rfeynman is dead on about Enron manipulation for theft of the California energy grid - there are tapes of Enron traders calling power plant operators and telling them when and for how long to have shut downs.

GG I hope this isn't your standard for posting because then this place would be nothing but DC Tom posts on WW2

What's your solution to keeping things like that from happening? :unsure:

Jail sentences seem to be the tool most often used to deter criminal behavior

As to the part about how well deregulation worked for CA, it begs the question, How well has regulation worked for CA?

De-regulation allowed those corporate crooks to rip off the state big time, raise rates and even to see California's power out of the state to create a "shortage." Of course in your mind, this is all a lie. But that's you

Lower Alabama?

Louisiana?

Steely, Enron bad, mmmkay? Way to ask a challenging question. What's next? "Do you guys support the troops? Do you believe little children should be sold for sex?"

Typical liberal. Spending all day asking ridiculous rhetorical questions on the outside chance you get one conservative dolt to say something stupid so you can hold the scalp up to the rest of your Oompa Loompa brethren to feel better about your ridiculous ideas.

You know what you should do? Send your minions out in the world with cellphones in hopes of catching a conservative saying something controversial, and then create a website where you can all post your video clips so they can be used during the mid-term election campaigns. That would be awesome.

Well I admitted I was wrong and I did it once. You have done it over and over and over and over again. It's priceless you call me out on the one time and seem to believe it excuses your numerous offenses.

Well you don't know about the Enron conspiracy and how deregulation led to it and numerous other corporate scandals so it's obvious you are an uneducated idiot so look in that mirror again.

You still didn't tell me where you live. BTW, why do you go by LA then?

I'll ask you the question this way then. What do you think about Enron ripping off the citizens of California?

Why did you just ignore my other two questions? Is it that there isn't an answer you can give that wont make you look like a complete idiot or hypocrite? (notice I asked you a question I didn't assume an answer.)

Why did you used to go by a euphemism for a dildo?