Polanski won't be extradited to the US

Fingon

The Swiss authorities have decided not to extradite film director Roman Polanski to the United States to face prosecution in a 1977 sex case.

The 76-year old Oscar-winning director, who was arrested last September in Zurich and had been under house arrest in Switzerland, is a free man, according to Justice Minister Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf.

She said the decision had been taken following Washington’s refusal to give access to confidential documents.

“In these circumstances it was not possible to exclude with the necessary certainty that Roman Polanski had already served the sentence to which he was condemned at the time,“ Widmer-Schlumpf told a news conference in the capital, Bern, on Monday.

She added that Switzerland had also decided against extradition because Polanski had come to Switzerland in good faith for years.

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/politics/Polan...ml?cid=15389712

If my finger pushed that 1st button - Switzerland would be the first nation incinerated. Not for this - that's typical peanuts for them. But for centuries of providing haven for the money of tyrants - and for their citizenry, who never have lifted a finger out of their pastries to help a fellow human being, barring the occasional PR stunt. Seeing horrid happenings through history, they stroke themselves and declare their "neutrality. It is the most selfish nation on the planet IMO.

Sweden gets the next salvo.

If my finger pushed that 1st button - Switzerland would be the first nation incinerated. Not for this - that's typical peanuts for them. But for centuries of providing haven for the money of tyrants - and for their citizenry, who never have lifted a finger out of their pastries to help a fellow human being, barring the occasional PR stunt. Seeing horrid happenings through history, they stroke themselves and declare their "neutrality. It is the most selfish nation on the planet IMO.

C'mon, Stuck...how can you blame them for not getting involved, when all they have are those little utility knives?

C'mon, Stuck...how can you blame them for not getting involved, when all they have are those little utility knives?

The citizens maintained 6.5mm bolt action rifles for decades, replaced by M16's, and they are a legendary arms manufacturer. But they are neutral.

Dude they can't even get off their butts to help stranded skiers. All they do is send their dogs who are supposed to be their best friends. Who would send their best friend into an avalanche? On top of that, they strap rum around the dogs neck which creates hypothermia and another dead skier. I'm with Cincy on this one. Fry 'em and their powdered hot chocolate too.

I believe there is quite a bit of evidence that they were not all that neutral in WWII, they in fact did a lot to help the nazis.

The citizens maintained 6.5mm bolt action rifles for decades, replaced by M16's, and they are a legendary arms manufacturer. But they are neutral.

The Swiss K31 is an amazing firearm. Of its era, I think only a German-made Mauser can top it.