The Pig is Dead

“There’s no more bacon.”

States can’t count on the federal government for more budget bailouts, the heads of President Barack Obama’s debt commission told governors yesterday.

States that are expecting Congress to authorize more bailout money are “going to be left with a very large hole to fill,” said Erskine Bowles, co-chairman of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform. States including New York and California have urged Congress to extend stimulus spending authorized to combat the recession, including extra Medicaid funding and money to pay public school teachers.

“I don’t think we can count on the federal government again,” Bowles, White House chief of staff under former President Bill Clinton, said at the National Governors Association meeting in Boston. “They just do not have the financial resources.”

My guess is that beginning in 2012, the money for extra state aid will run out.

Now this is some good news! More people will lose their jobs, fewer young people will behired to work for local governments and--hopefully!!--there will be no money to pay heating bills for the elderly some winter real soon! Who said recessions are bad things? I mean happy small government days are here again! Let the misery begin.

Now this is some good news! More people will lose their jobs, fewer young people will behired to work for local governments and--hopefully!!--there will be no money to pay heating bills for the elderly some winter real soon! Who said recessions are bad things? I mean happy small government days are here again! Let the misery begin.

It's not good news you jackass, it's a reality, a reality that you can blame on our irresponsible, reckless, math/budget challenged elected leaders, both from the Federal and State level. Oh and btw, the states that face the biggest cuts, are from the BLUE states, so if you want to MAINLY blame someone, blame those governors, you know, from those blue states. That's what happens when you promise more to the unions than you can handle. I guess that's the price of admission to get their special interest money in order to get reelected. :thumbsup:

Call for Help

The governors of New York, Pennsylvania and Michigan on June 30 led states pressing Congress to extend higher financing for Medicaid, the health-care program for the poor whose use surged during the economic crisis.

David Paterson of New York, Edward Rendell of Pennsylvania and Jennifer Granholm of Michigan and three other governors, all Democrats, traveled to Washington to appeal for funds after the Senate failed to approve $16 billion in extra financing for Medicaid and extended jobless benefits. Congressional Republicans opposed the measure’s cost.

“We need more help from Washington to protect against job cuts and health-care cuts,” Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, a Democrat, said on July 10 at the Boston gathering. “If we don’t do that, we’re following Herbert Hoover economics.”

Notice who's asking for help? It's not a coincidence that the states that are the most cash strapped, under blue control are asking for more Federal assistance.

This is what it takes to be a good governor.

Yes, because everyone knows the future of a thriving country is to have generations of young people going to work for the local government! Nothing creates economic growth like more government jobs!

:thumbsup:

Don't forget to whine about lack of funding for teachers, police and fire fighters! Because everyone knows when states have no money, the first people to go are teachers, police and fire fighters, with a sprinkle of freezing old people to really drive the point home.

Jesus.

Don't forget to whine about lack of funding for teachers, police and fire fighters! Because everyone knows when states have no money, the first people to go are teachers, police and fire fighters, with a sprinkle of freezing old people to really drive the point home.

Jesus.

Come on now, you just don't know what it was like 30 years ago when millions of Americans froze to death in their homes every year.