Police Nab "Barefoot Bandit"

Good, hopefully he'll be put away for life. :rolleyes:

Really? Of course he needs to do time... But life? Not that I agree with what he is doing... But society needs people like this to shake the tree a little... Cause some havoc. It keeps us all on our toes. Just think how boring life would be if we all towed the line.

Really? Of course he needs to do time... But life? Not that I agree with what he is doing... But society needs people like this to shake the tree a little... Cause some havoc. It keeps us all on our toes. Just think how boring life would be if we all towed the line.

I'm sure that if you were one of the people who's homes were broken into or had your plane or boat stolen you'd have a different take. This guy is no hero he's a criminal and hopefully all of his crimes in several different states and in the Bahamas will be strung out consecutively so he never sees the light of day. JMO

I'm sure that if you were one of the people who's homes were broken into or had your plane or boat stolen you'd have a different take. This guy is no hero he's a criminal and hopefully all of his crimes in several different states and in the Bahamas will be strung out consecutively so he never sees the light of day. JMO

You are one conflicted and confused "liberal". :rolleyes:

He'll probably end up getting a job with the Federal Government helping to track down escaped felons.

A la "Catch Me If You Can?"

according to this article:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/11/bahama...dex.html?hpt=T1

20th Century Fox has purchased the rights for a film based on the exploits of the young fugitive.

Sorry I don't fit the stereotype you'd like to believe. :rolleyes:

Says the liberal who can't connect the dots between bleeding heart politicans who appoint judges and violent criminals ending up back on the street.

As for this kid, 5 years is plenty. Unless I missed something, his were only property crimes. Save the cell for violent offenders.

Society needs people like this stealing planes and boats to"shake the tree?" I guess if you found your wreaked $200,000 plane in a tree top you'd be just happy it's not going to be a "boring" day.

Says the liberal who can't connect the dots between bleeding heart politicans who appoint judges and violent criminals ending up back on the street.

As for this kid, 5 years is plenty. Unless I missed something, his were only property crimes. Save the cell for violent offenders.

But this guy deserves only five years. :rolleyes: Who's the bleeding heart here. He, claimed to have a gun with one victim and had a laser site pointed at their head threatening to shoot them. Bucky Philips was only doing small crimes before he started killing cops. Were you one of the "Run Bucky Run" crowd? This kid was escalating his crimes. If he would be set free in a few years he'd go right back to doing what he's doing and I believe it would eventually get violent.

No, Of course... Even If I was one of them... Life in prison?

Anyway... Isn't it our American birthright to rebel against authority... Even if my home was robbed, who cares... I got insurance... But life in jail? :rolleyes:

Everybody has their version of civil disobiedence, this guy's of course is a little over the top... He of course is no hero. He of course never used violent means and never hurt anyone physically... In fact, he threw his gun in the water, they shot at him.

Again... I am not sticking up for his actions... He did harm people's property.

Society needs people like this stealing planes and boats to"shake the tree?" I guess if you found your wreaked $200,000 plane in a tree top you'd be just happy it's not going to be a "boring" day.

Yes, very much so. I am indifferent to money. This doesn't mean I have little, I have it and then some.