Jets may not have a happy camper in their midst, Revis

If I owned a team and some clown tried that **** with me, I just let him sit and fine his ass. Then I wait till he is a FA and tag his ass...hell maybe two years straight just because.

!@#$ these clowns. They are EMPLOYEES, Time for the owners to re establish that fact.

Too late, horses are out of the barn. Read Lords of the Realm, all it takes is one owner to cave because he is "this" close to the championship for the players to win, and one all ways does.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to put this in perspective, Revis is due to earn $20 million in GUARANTEED money in 2011 and 2012. All he has to do is not hold out, and he gets that money.

If he blows out his knee, and can never play again... he gets:

1. more than $20 million from the Jets

2. A pension from the NFLPA, and more money because his career ended because of an injury.

3. His career is almost certainly insured, and he will receive a lump sum if he can no longer play.

Shut up and play, Mr. Revis.

Yep, reportedly Revis won't holdout because he doesn't want to jeopardize that future guaranteed money.

Just to put this in perspective, Revis is due to earn $20 million in GUARANTEED money in 2011 and 2012. All he has to do is not hold out, and he gets that money.

2. A pension from the NFLPA, and more money because his career ended because of an injury.

3. His career is almost certainly insured, and he will receive a lump sum if he can no longer play.

Great point. This is why Revis is not to be taken seriously and the Jets are gonna call this bad bluff.

You have made your point and its a good one. In this way Reevis is a lot like Andre Johnson. They both opted for rich contracts that guaranteed security.

But do you also think that the best player in the world on the offensive side of the ball should shut up and play for $500,000 this year?

You have made your point and its a good one. In this way Reevis is a lot like Andre Johnson. They both opted for rich contracts that guaranteed security.

But do you also think that the best player in the world on the offensive side of the ball should shut up and play for $500,000 this year?

Hi contract is actually up for one. He's also been the best offensive player for many years now.

Hi contract is actually up for one. He's also been the best offensive player for many years now.

Sorry. Thought that he was in the third year of a five year deal that paid him 12MM with 7MM guaranteed. And that after upfront payments he was looking at playing for about 500 thousand in "new" money this year. Know that they have been renegotiating while he has missed all team activities so far this year. When you say his contract is "up" I guess you mean up for renegotiation? Certainly it has not come to term. Regardless, the theme of this thread was whether a player is bound by his contract or is it appropriate in certain cases to tear up the document and start over.

He wants 30MM. Titans won't pay that. He may hold out yet, Mr Weo, (unless I missed his signing something).

Let's also not forget that because of there being no salary cap, these teams have to adhere to the "30% rule". The rule states that a player's base salary can't be more than 30% above his 2009 salary, and the rest of the money has to come in bonuses.

That is another reason that it's really hard for teams to sign players to long term deals this off season.

Let's also not forget that because of there being no salary cap, these teams have to adhere to the "30% rule". The rule states that a player's base salary can't be more than 30% above his 2009 salary, and the rest of the money has to come in bonuses.

That is another reason that it's really hard for teams to sign players to long term deals this off season.

this is why D'brick got his deal. He was a 4th overall pick with a large contract to begin with. getting him to sign for 30% more was easier.

Sorry. Thought that he was in the third year of a five year deal that paid him 12MM with 7MM guaranteed. And that after upfront payments he was looking at playing for about 500 thousand in "new" money this year. Know that they have been renegotiating while he has missed all team activities so far this year. When you say his contract is "up" I guess you mean up for renegotiation? Certainly it has not come to term. Regardless, the theme of this thread was whether a player is bound by his contract or is it appropriate in certain cases to tear up the document and start over.

He wants 30MM. Titans won't pay that. He may hold out yet, Mr Weo, (unless I missed his signing something).

Talking about Revis.

Offensive player. Peyton Manning. In response to the post about comparing Revis to the 'best offensive player'

Offensive player. Peyton Manning. In response to the post about comparing Revis to the 'best offensive player'

The case can certainly be made for Peyton being #1 offensive player. Don't see the relevance though if the question is whether grossly underpaid players should get extentions or new contracts since, as you say, Peyton's deal is up and he was never grossly underpaid to begin with.

The case can certainly be made for Peyton being #1 offensive player. Don't see the relevance though if the question is whether grossly underpaid players should get extentions or new contracts since, as you say, Peyton's deal is up and he was never grossly underpaid to begin with.

He also usually did pretty well during the year play wise as well.