Berwick... Why a recess appointment?

Dr. Berwick appointed head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services

Because Obama’s made this recess appointment while Congress was out for the July 4th holiday, the Democrat-controlled Finance Committee no longer needs to hold a confirmation hearing on Berwick before the November elections and Senate Majority Leader Reid does not need to schedule a vote on the nomination this year.

It's not like this guy couldn't get confirmed with the control the Dems have in the Senate. Why not have him undergo the confirmation hearing process? I'm puzzled.

More transparency?

Let me save the libs the trouble of typing a response: "Well, Bush did it, and where was your anger when Bush did it? Besides, governing is hard. And we can't help it if you're too stupid to grasp the vision that we smart people can see."

One thing you can say about Berwick. Unlike the president, he has the coconuts say out loud what everyone knows Obama believes: Single payer is the only way, redistribution of wealth is the only answer, and rationing is undoubtedly imminent.

Let me save the libs the trouble of typing a response: "Well, Bush did it, and where was your anger when Bush did it? Besides, governing is hard. And we can't help it if you're too stupid to grasp the vision that we smart people can see."

You forgot: "How can Obama be expected to accomplish anything meaningful with only 59 votes in the Senate?"

Yep. Won't be the same old Washington when Barack is in charge. :thumbsup:

There is no doubt that the Obama Brand has been tarnished.

Hope and Change? Out the Window....

Yes We Can? Looks as if he couldn't...

8 more years of Failed policies? hmmm, the last two years havn't inspired any confidence either...

Bush bla bla bla??? People are tired of this, we're looking for working solutions....

A new era of politics??? Ya right, same old same old....

I mean, that was pretty much the whole 2008 campaign. Independents now approve of BO at a 38% clip, the GOP is energized as hell, as long as good ol Sarah doesn't run, I'm thinking there is a better than 50/50% chance he becomes a one term president.

There is no doubt that the Obama Brand has been tarnished.

Hope and Change? Out the Window....

Yes We Can? Looks as if he couldn't...

8 more years of Failed policies? hmmm, the last two years havn't inspired any confidence either...

Bush bla bla bla??? People are tired of this, we're looking for working solutions....

A new era of politics??? Ya right, same old same old....

I mean, that was pretty much the whole 2008 campaign. Independents now approve of BO at a 38% clip, the GOP is energized as hell, as long as good ol Sarah doesn't run, I'm thinking there is a better than 50/50% chance he becomes a one term president.

His policies go against the mainstream and they will not work. I think that by the time he is done with his first term he will be well qualified to be on the cover of Mad Magazine and his chances will be nil.

One thing you can say about Berwick. Unlike the president, he has the coconuts say out loud what everyone knows Obama believes: Single payer is the only way, redistribution of wealth is the only answer, and rationing is undoubtedly imminent.

a fine choice. a pediatrician with real life experience, great training, solid academic pedigree, wit, wisdom and courage.

a fine choice. a pediatrician with real life experience, great training, solid academic pedigree, wit, wisdom and courage.

So, you are for single payer and rationing of healthcare? Redistribution of wealth through healthcare?

So, you are for single payer and rationing of healthcare? Redistribution of wealth through healthcare?

single payer-absolutely. rationing-happening every day by private insurers. i would actually appreciate more universal, evidence based utilization policies. redistribution of wealth- not sure why this has to be considered a condition of universal coverage other than for the fact that a progressive taxation scheme will be paying the bills. we already have that.