Lib tolerance on display

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you frame it along with:

"I am limited in my ability to perform rational thought and analysis..." -- conner

Just to maintain some perspective

So you want me to hang a quote of myself taken out of context on my wall? If we're going to do that...

I am limited in my ability to perform rational thought and analysis

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FINALLY ADMITTED TO THE TRUTH!

So you want me to hang a quote of myself taken out of context on my wall? If we're going to do that...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FINALLY ADMITTED TO THE TRUTH!

How old are you? When I read your posts I hear the voice of a 19 yr old college know it all, but you've been posting since '03.

You can hang it up there next to your poster of Al Gore's hockey stick

I don't think Al Gore made that graph, I'm sure someone much smarter than Al Gore first gathered that information. However, data is data. You cannot deny that.

How old are you? When I read your posts I hear the voice of a 19 yr old college know it all, but you've been posting since '03.

Late 20's, I joined in college. Thanks for your interest in my knowing-it-all-ness.

I don't think Al Gore made that graph, I'm sure someone much smarter than Al Gore first gathered that information. However, data is data. You cannot deny that.

Late 20's, I joined in college. Thanks for your interest in my knowing-it-all-ness.

That graph was created in 1999 by Michael Mann and others. It represented the last 1000 years of world temperatures. The shaft represented virtually no change while the blade represented a sharp rise. The only problem is, this graph that the UN based their position on global warming on has been totally debunked. Is false data still data?

That graph was created in 1999 by Michael Mann and others. It represented the last 1000 years of world temperatures. The shaft represented virtually no change while the blade represented a sharp rise. The only problem is, this graph that the UN based their position on global warming on has been totally debunked. Is false data still data?

Conner already answered your question

However, data is data. You cannot deny that.

The only problem is, this graph that the UN based their position on global warming on has been totally debunked. Is false data still data?

That is not a true statement. It has not been debunked by a peer reviewed and accepted article.

... but given your corporate agenda pushing news sources, I can see how they would lie to you. And given your stupidity, I can see how you would believe them.

That is not a true statement. It has not been debunked by a peer reviewed and accepted article.

... but given your corporate agenda pushing news sources, I can see how they would lie to you. And given your stupidity, I can see how you would believe them.

Point of note: the fact that you're a congenital moron hasn't been debunked by a peer-reviewed and accepted article, either.

Data is data. Graphs are not, they're a presentation of data, dipshit.

Now there you go again. You're attributing to me something you have no way of knowing. That tells me alot about you. You make stuff up and blindly follow your Daily Kos/MoveOn.org/Huffington Post masters. Were you born without a backbone?

The hockey stick graph is not information, it's speculation. Some dickbag political activist posing as a scientist making a prediction is entirely different from someone charting actual data.

You make stuff up

Ok, I'll bite. What did I make up? I'm more than happy to correct information I'm incorrect on.

I think DC Tom is nitpicking, but he is technically correct. But, I think my "mistake" is a far cry from the outright lie that the hockey stick graph has been debunked (which no one but crazy old conner seemed to question your lie).

Ok, I'll bite. What did I make up? I'm more than happy to correct information I'm incorrect on.

I think DC Tom is nitpicking, but he is technically correct. But, I think my "mistake" is a far cry from the outright lie that the hockey stick graph has been debunked (which no one but crazy old conner seemed to question your lie).

Uh, no. I'm not nitpicking. There's a world of difference between data and presentation of data. Presentation is hellaciously easy to manipulate. An excellent example of that is: about 80% of what you quote as "proof" of global warming, including the "hockey stick" graph.

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/306/5696/679

Empirical reconstructions of the Northern Hemisphere (NH) temperature in the past millennium based on multiproxy records depict small-amplitude variations followed by a clear warming trend in the past two centuries. We use a coupled atmosphere-ocean model simulation of the past 1000 years as a surrogate climate to test the skill of these methods, particularly at multidecadal and centennial time scales. Idealized proxy records are represented by simulated grid-point temperature, degraded with statistical noise. The centennial variability of the NH temperature is underestimated by the regression-based methods applied here, suggesting that past variations may have been at least a factor of 2 larger than indicated by empirical reconstructions.

I know your little idiot-brain didn't absorb that, so let me summarize the summary: this peer-reviewed and accepted article says that the "hockey stick blade" on the graph can't be considered unprecedented within the bounds of the methods used to generate it.

1. There has been a trend to global warming in the last 30 years

2. Whether this is a cyclical or linear event is unknown

3. We do not know if this is a man made event or a natural event(sun cycles, magnetic field changes, volcanism) or combination of the two

4. If man made we don't know if it's due to fossil fuel burning, deforestation and desertification, or livestock agriculture

I'm less concerned with global warming than energy independence, energy security, breaking national defense with the ideal of global control/defense of oil, peak oil, and reduction in local pollution.

1. There has been a trend to global warming in the last 30 years

2. Whether this is a cyclical or linear event is unknown

3. We do not know if this is a man made event or a natural event(sun cycles, magnetic field changes, volcanism) or combination of the two

4. If man made we don't know if it's due to fossil fuel burning, deforestation and desertification, or livestock agriculture

I'm less concerned with global warming than energy independence, energy security, breaking national defense with the ideal of global control/defense of oil, peak oil, and reduction in local pollution.

+1

Corporate driven news source. You think that everyone who has a brain and thinks for themself gets their viewpoints from Fox while you continue to spew the **** from your liberal masters and claim it as fact or "data". Conner, you are an IDIOT amongst idiots.