RUNNING GAME

Failing to run well behind a poor offensive line is usually a less spectacular failure than failing to pass behind it. I hope we see a lot of Corey McIntyre.

But who cares because it is failure nevertheless?

I agree with this all the way. I also think that in order to run 40 times, we'll need to build early leads in every game. Unless you're ahead, the clock is generally not your friend.

And the last thing we need is to be predictable again. I'm sure Chan will put together good game plans.

I'm getting more and more optimistic about this season every day. Go Bills!

Curious as to why?

the no confidence brohm is gone, he has been rejuvenated with the system and will come out guns blazing in TC this year, just you wait and see. Brian Brohm is the best kept secret in the NFL right now.

Very strong statement for a guy who has been a "total failure" so far. I not buying it....

Very strong statement for a guy who has been a "total failure" so far. I not buying it....

unsuccessful yes, total failure, not even close. Furthermore, is one year enough to make a judgement from a team perspective, especially with a high round QB? absolutely not, brohm underwhelmed in GB and failed to win the #2 job, that much is true, but that doesnt necessarily mean he is a "total failure". As mentioned at length before, GB matched the offer we gave Brohm, he chose to come here, they obviously werent ready to let him go completely.

Now back to what I said originally, with the system being familiar to him, he has already stated he is more comfortable than in GB, last yr is a wash IMO, this yr, we get to see a guy who is confident in the system, he knows he has the physical tools, thats never been questioned.

so take a step back and look at the player and his circumstances: young, classic type QB, renewed confidence and strong arm and has a great feel for the system that plays to his strengths.

This opportunity couldnt get much better, by all accounts this system appears tailor made to fit Brohms skill set, which is great. Nobody is giving him a chance in the national media, which is fine, he hasnt earned it yet, but with his skills, he has the potential to explode for big time #'s this year, and if he does, we got a legit QB for Peanuts, thats a steal.

Hence why I said, "Brian Brohm is the best kept secret in the NFL"

unsuccessful yes, total failure, not even close. Furthermore, is one year enough to make a judgement from a team perspective, especially with a high round QB? absolutely not, brohm underwhelmed in GB and failed to win the #2 job, that much is true, but that doesnt necessarily mean he is a "total failure". As mentioned at length before, GB matched the offer we gave Brohm, he chose to come here, they obviously werent ready to let him go completely.

Now back to what I said originally, with the system being familiar to him, he has already stated he is more comfortable than in GB, last yr is a wash IMO, this yr, we get to see a guy who is confident in the system, he knows he has the physical tools, thats never been questioned.

so take a step back and look at the player and his circumstances: young, classic type QB, renewed confidence and strong arm and has a great feel for the system that plays to his strengths.

This opportunity couldnt get much better, by all accounts this system appears tailor made to fit Brohms skill set, which is great. Nobody is giving him a chance in the national media, which is fine, he hasnt earned it yet, but with his skills, he has the potential to explode for big time #'s this year, and if he does, we got a legit QB for Peanuts, thats a steal.

Hence why I said, "Brian Brohm is the best kept secret in the NFL"

You can go to "bat for him" all you want. I am not ready to take the plunge. I stand by what I said. I said he has been a "total failure so far" and that is hard to refute.

He may turn into a solid great QB who knows? All I know is I am not going to stick my neck out and go out on a limb and pronounce this guy as the best kept secret in the league. That is crazy to me. Maybe he an be surprise comeback award or something like that.

You make all the excuses in the word for his failures and some are valid. What you fail to mention is what kind of team is he on now. He is on a team that has struggled offensively for years, a new system and coach, an OL that has protection issues to keep it clean, and a WR core that is unproven and very young. Sounds like he has a hellava uphill battle to me?

Something for you to think about Bill. No trying to be rude in anyway.

You can go to "bat for him" all you want. I am not ready to take the plunge. I stand by what I said. I said he has been a "total failure so far" and that is hard to refute.

He may turn into a solid great QB who knows? All I know is I am not going to stick my neck out and go out on a limb and pronounce this guy as the best kept secret in the league. That is crazy to me. Maybe he an be surprise comeback award or something like that.

You make all the excuses in the word for his failures and some are valid. WHat are fail to mention is what kind of team is he on now. He is on a team that has struggled offensively for years, a new system and coach, an OL that has protection issues to keep it clean, and a WR core that is unproven and very young. Sounds like he has a hellava uphill battle to me?

Something for you to think about Bill. No trying to be rude in anyway.

i'll handle these in order:

1) As far as sticking my neck out, and the like, I could care less, first off, if im wrong im wrong, ive been wrong before and i'll be wrong again, however, I don't think I am on this one. I've been virtually spot on in terms of spotting good Qbs either thru the draft or FA for the last 6-8 yrs, and when I heard we got brohm last yr i was very excited, with his skill set and ceiling we got a steal if he works out.

2)

A: yes, we have struggled offensively for years, however, its a new day, new coach, new system. In fact that coach has done nothing but improve the offense of every single team he has ever coached, so things are looking up, right?

B: the o-line and protection issues, well there is no 2 ways around it, our oline has struggled, however, with a year under their belts wood, levitre, and bell should all be improved, also, meredith, who is a very impressive physical player is right there in the mix, we have good developmental players like wang and calloway also, so while the oline is still a work in progress, I think as a group they will be better than last yr. Also keep in mind that we have new S&C coaches that will hopefully help keep the injuries to a minimum.

C: the reciever corps, again, is this a green unproven group, absolutely, except for Lee, but is this a talented group, Yes, johnson hardy and easley are 3 guys with a lot of talent, size, and speed, dont forget they all run 4.45 or lower. specifically johnson and hardy, who have benefitted greatly from the addition of TO last year, should be ready to hold their own this year and make an impact. Also, keep the system in mind here, if we run a spread type, which reportedly we are, then these guys should be running in space and be able to use their size to their advantage. Easley has already displayed a knack for getting behind the defense, thats always a plus. Are they young? yes, unproven? absolutely, does that mean they cant play? Hell NO, THE ONLY WAY TO FIND OUT IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD IS TO LET THEM PLAY AND THAT WASNT GONNA HAPPEN WITH TO ON THE ROSTER.

I have no doubts this will be an interesting year, as you've probably figured out, i'm looking at the positive potential of this team. will it be an uphill climb? probably so, but who's to say we can't climb that hill and be at the top of the mountain by years end? Anything is possible if you BILLIEVE!!!

Screw it, I say do it anways. 4th and 7, run the dern ball. They will never be expecting that.

That was the norm in 1973 (Fergie's rookie year). I believe he only averaged around 14 passes a game. It

was OJ right, OJ left, Braxton up the middle, OJ out of the I, pitch to the right............

the no confidence brohm is gone, he has been rejuvenated with the system and will come out guns blazing in TC this year, just you wait and see. Brian Brohm is the best kept secret in the NFL right now.

I pray to GOD you are right.

65% running game huh? we do have some good rbs.........

what makes chad henne any better than fitz, trent, or brohm? doesnt seem to be much better than any of em, and if tom brady gets hurt, pats are a hurting unit, same with sanchez.........tough decision for gailey, but not bad qbs to choose from at least.

It is year one of a rebuilding project.......your delusions of grandeur will result in disappointment. I am not looking in terms of wins and losses- those can be flukes. I look at the field, in terms of improvement. I doubt we see much improvement in pass protection or run blocking, but our run defense should be a bit better, once Troup replaces Williams at NT. I hope the secondary can maintain or be close to what they did last year.

hard to refute indeed. In preseason with GB he threw 3 picks and 0 TDs. In his only game as a Bill, he threw 2 picks and 0 TDs. Career QB rating: 43.2. Sounds pretty "total failure" to me. But the key word is "so far". I'm hoping he can pick up his game, but I gotta see it first.