Bills | Brian Brohm believes he is ready to be the Bills starter...

Guest dog14787
If you had bothered to read the article, you would have seen the type of offense Chan is running is similar to the one Brohm ran while at Louisville. That means Brohm should be further along the learning curve as opposed to the other QB's when it comes to learning and running the this offense.

If anybody needs to sit for "another" year to learn the offense, it would be the other 3 QB's.

So let me get this straight. The guy who is most familiar with the O should sit another year so he can continue learning the new offense (because we don't want to ruin his confidence), but the Bills have to give Trent (who's confidence is ruined) another chance to regain his confidence back with an O he's just learning?

:rolleyes:

Talk about a recipe for disaster.

This smells like another potential excuse. If Trent fails, you can claim he was learning a new O, therefore needs yet another chance to prove himself.

So you want to take an inexperienced QB and throw him to the wolves behind an inexperienced O-line and playing with an inexperienced supporting cast.

Talk about a recipe for disaster...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting Brian Brohm Statistic - he completed ~66% of his passes in college. This statistic is probably the most important indicator on how well a college QB fairs in the NFL. Anything north of 60% is typically good pro-caliber.

P. Manning - 63%

E. Manning - 61%

Rivers - 72% his senior season

Yup. Brohm will be our guy soon enough. :rolleyes:

You could be correct but I suspect most here would be very excited and optimistic about Clausen. Fan or not, the very fact that we are starving for that franchise QB would have "blinded" many of us into being optimistic.

You misunderstood. Not everybody is a Clausen fan because not everybody is convinced he is a franchise QB.

Therefore, the level of optimism really wouldn't be that much different.

To clarify, that would be the same way regardless of who the Bills drafted as QB (i.e. Tebow, etc).

The lone exception may have been (and let me emphasize the "may have been") Bradford. And that would be due to the fact he was the only guy the Bills FO liked as a potential immediate starter.

At this point, I find it hard to believe many of us would be slamming him and being down right pessimistic about him. That's coming from one pessimistic Bills fan.

I don't think the board (as a majority) would have slammed the guy, but I do think the majority of the board would have taken the attitude of "before we get excited, let's see him in action".

Guest dog14787
For what it is worth, on WGR this morning, Thurman said he thought Brohm should be the starter this year based off of what he has seen and heard.

For what its worth, I'm sure Gailey/Nix will base their opinion on what they thinks best, not what Thuman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Marv Levy or anyone else thinks (except maybe Ralph)

With that being said, Myself personally, I've got allot of respect for Thurman Thomas...

So you want to take an inexperienced QB and throw him to the wolves behind an inexperienced O-line and playing with an inexperienced supporting cast.

Again, what part of "Brohm is more experienced in the 'new' offense than the other guys" don't you get?

Serious question:

Who would YOU feel more confident in leading this team of "inexperienced supporting cast and OL"?

The guy who is familiar with the offense and thus would better prepared to deal with the inevitable breakdowns?

Or the guy who has to "undo 3 years of bad coaching" and suddenly has to learn and adapt to a new offense?

I get it. Inexperienced line, inexperienced supporting cast, new offense ...

Until all those things are corrected, or settled, Trent will always need another "chance".

Good point.

Throwing a QB to the wolves is a huge risk. Just look at Tim Couch, David Carr & Alex Smith.

Now I'm not saying those QB's would've become Hall-of-Famers, but just think if they had been given more time to develop as an NFL QB.

Guest dog14787
Again, what part of "Brohm is more experienced in the 'new' offense than the other guys" don't you get?

Serious question:

Who would YOU feel more confident in leading this team of "inexperienced supporting cast and OL"?

The guy who is familiar with the offense and thus would better prepared to deal with the inevitable breakdowns?

Or the guy who has to "undo 3 years of bad coaching" and suddenly has to learn and adapt to a new offense?

I get it. Inexperienced line, inexperienced supporting cast, new offense ...

Until all those things are corrected, or settled, Trent will always need another "chance".

It does help to have players with experience actually playing in the NFL don't you think, and not just on the O-line or at the QB position, how about an experienced, qualified OC, now that's not to much to ask for is it?

I agree, having experienced the same style offense is a plus, but so is experience playing against some of the toughest teams/defenses in the league.

It does help to have players with experience actually playing in the NFL don't you think, and not just on the O-line or at the QB position, how about an experienced, qualified OC, now that's not to much to ask for is it?

Unfortunately, for you Edwards fans, you keep looking for the next "reason" to excuse Trent's poor play. And there always is one.

"The" Concussion

'Phantom' concussions

bad offensive coordinators (never mind each one was chosen with the concept of continuity in mind just so the team would NOT have to learn a completely new offense)

bad offensive system in general

bad OL

bad WRs (nobody is getting open. Signed TO to help Lee and Edwards)

players out to get him (TO was a cancer. was able to convince the "young" players such as Josh Reed that Trent needed to be benched)

poor coaching overall

bad front office

And the guy has only been in the league for 3 years, and has less than 2 years of playing experience.

I would hate to see that list in another 3 years!

I agree, having experienced the same style offense is a plus, but so is experience playing against some of the toughest teams/defenses in the league.

Playing experience would be a major plus if

1. All QB's were equal in regards to learning the new O

and/or

2. If one had significantly more playing experience than the other.

Trent does not have #2 IMHO.

Trent has been in the league one more year than Brohm, and has less than 2 years playing experience.

Guest dog14787
Unfortunately, for you Edwards fans, you keep looking for the next "reason" to excuse Trent's poor play. And there always is one.

"The" Concussion

'Phantom' concussions

bad offensive coordinators (never mind each one was chosen with the concept of continuity in mind just so the team would NOT have to learn a completely new offense)

bad OL

players out to get him (TO was a cancer. was able to convince the "young" players such as Josh Reed that Trent needed to be benched)

poor coaching overall

bad front office

And the guy has only been in the league for 3 years, and has less than 2 years of playing experience.

and/or

Trent has been in the league one more year than Brohm, and has less than 2 years playing experience.

Fact TE's coaching has performed below average in Buffalo (offense/ OC), Fact TE's GM and FO has performed below average, Fact TE's O-line has performed below average, Fact TE's whole supporting cast has performed well below average ,

Fact I should change below average to pathetic :rolleyes:

"The" Concussion

'Phantom' concussions

bad OL

poor coaching overall

bad front office

and/or

The injury-proneness is the worst part. You don't know when he's going to do down. You would hope he'd be able to overcome it, but his history doesn't suggest he will. Add that to being scared on the field, and investing more time in him isn't worth it. That being said, I'd keep him as the backup.

Fact TE's coaching has performed below average in Buffalo (offense/ OC), Fact TE's GM and FO has performed below average, Fact TE's O-line has performed below average, Fact TE's whole supporting cast has performed well below average ,

"Fact We Know nothing of the aliens or their intentions. Fact I am responsible for the lives of 430 crewmen. And, fact I can't afford to take any chances. Fire main phasers...I said, Fire main phasers!!!"

(Sorry, dog, but Brohm's our QB. TE's next gig is President, Dakota Fanning Fan Club/Los Gatos Chapter. Sad thing is, we coulda had Graham Harrell before he signed with the Green Bay Packers :nana: )

"Fact We Know nothing of the aliens or their intentions. Fact I am responsible for the lives of 430 crewmen. And, fact I can't afford to take any chances. Fire main phasers...I said, Fire main phasers!!!"

(Sorry, dog, but Brohm's our QB. TE's next gig is President, Dakota Fanning Fan Club/Los Gatos Chapter. Sad thing is, we coulda had Graham Harrell before he signed with the Green Bay Packers :nana: )

:rolleyes:

FACT: Edwards was beaten out / out performed by Fitzpatrick, who played behind the same crappy OL, with the same crappy coaching, and the same crappy supporting cast.

And Fitzpatrick, at best, is a back up.

That being said, I'd keep him (Trent) as the backup.

I would rather keep Fitzpatrick as a back up. He's perfect for the job.

You know exactly what you will get when he goes in.

I would rather keep Fitzpatrick as a back up. He's perfect for the job.

You know exactly what you will get when he goes in.

exactly, I wanna know that my backup can go in and at least do a half-decent job, and with trent, thats not a guarentee, its not even a 50/50 shot. When brohm wins this job trent is out no doubt about it.

exactly, I wanna know that my backup can go in and at least do a half-decent job, and with trent, thats not a guarentee, its not even a 50/50 shot. When brohm wins this job trent is out no doubt about it.

You made my point for me Bill. What do we get when Brohm goes in? You have already declared him the starter and the next best QB since Payten Manning.