Cable TV Hookup question

zevo

So I am putting a tv into my masterbedroom and inconveniently the cable outlet is located on the opposite side of the room of where i want my tv to be. My question is, is there any easy solution such as a wireless device that i could plug into the outlet or cable box that could send the signal to the tv? Basically I am trying to avoid having to somehow snake a new cable line through the walls. I figure it is 2010 and this technology has to exist. Any ideas please? Thanks!

This seems to be the easiest and cheapest.

http://cableorganizer.com/wiremold/low-voltage-raceways.htm

thats an idea but not good for my situation. its a big room and there is a door way involved. the wall i want to cable on runs straight down to the basement. the bedroom is on the 2nd floor. how expensive of a job would it be to hire someone to run a new cable outlet? does the cable company offer these services?

thats an idea but not good for my situation. its a big room and there is a door way involved. the wall i want to cable on runs straight down to the basement. the bedroom is on the 2nd floor. how expensive of a job would it be to hire someone to run a new cable outlet? does the cable company offer these services?

It's not that difficult as long as there are no doorways/windows in the way on the 1st floor, and you can locate the appropiate stud bay in the basement. Any electrian that does side jobs could help you. Should only take about 1/2 hour with the right tools. Cost maybe a case of beer.

It's not that difficult as long as there are no doorways/windows in the way on the 1st floor, and you can locate the appropiate stud bay in the basement. Any electrian that does side jobs could help you. Should only take about 1/2 hour with the right tools. Cost maybe a case of beer.

I assume that re-arranging the furniture a bit is out of the question?

It's the getting through the subfloor on that 2nd floor that will be the trickiest part. But for someone who knows what they're doing and has the right tools, running another line would be easier and probably cheapest, especially in the long run.

If you get another wireless box, that's the $300+ upfront, headaches with the G/WAF, then more electricity use every month.

The WAF alone would do it for me. Much rather have a one-time, 'Do you really have to make all that noise?!" than a built-in argument-starter.... Picture it now. "What do we need this thing for? I keep tripping over this damn thing!" ==> to the inevitable "Well, you wouldn't trip on it if you watched where you were f---ing walking!" and then bad things after that. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

It's the getting through the subfloor on that 2nd floor that will be the trickiest part. But for someone who knows what they're doing and has the right tools, running another line would be easier and probably cheapest, especially in the long run.

Not that tricky, once the hole is cut in the wall for the blue box, drill down through the sub floor with a 2 foot 3/8" wood or metal bit, if it is in the stud bay. Some older homes, like mine was, are ballon construction so there wasn't anything blocking access from running my Greenlee Fish Stix up through the bay from the basement.