Some Old 'Gailey' articles to read

I know this has been thrown around in the past, but this article is about how Bill Cower recommended Gailey as a Head Coach in Pittsburg. Couple this with the fact that Jerry Jones regrets ever letting Gailey go and I can't help but be excited.

Link

The second article is from 2008, in reference to Gailey being the 'new' OC at Kansas City. The Chiefs' fans had many of the same questions we are currently asking. What kind of coach will he be? How will he spark a less than flashy offense?

History shows that the Chiefs were ranked 32nd in 2007 in Rushing and moved up to 16th in 2008 under his coaching. The Chiefs were ranked 20th in Passing in 2007 and remained 20th under his coaching in 2008. ---In overall offense, the Chiefs went from 31st in 2007 to 24th overall in 2008. Here is the article.

Chiefs/Gailey

The next article is a fairley recent one. It may have been posted, but here it is again.

Bills/Gailey

I know it is quiet around TBD, so I thought I'd post SOMETHIMG to argue about. :beer:

Go Bills! - Happy 4th of July.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing to piggyback on is that the passing offense stayed the same ranking going with Tyler Pigpen (pun intended) taking over for damon huard and brodie croyle. the 08 chefs were so bad because of their defense, they only got 10 sacks as a team.

Jerry Jones claims firing Gailey was a huge mistake, yet when he had the chance to correct that mistake in '07, he chose.....Wade Philips! This move was widely panned. Jones interviewed 10 people for the job---I haven't even seen Gailey listed as a guy they interviewed.

Go figure.

Jerry Jones claims firing Gailey was a huge mistake, yet when he had the chance to correct that mistake in '07, he chose.....Wade Philips! This move was widely panned. Jones interviewed 10 people for the job---I haven't even seen Gailey listed as a guy they interviewed.

Go figure.

unless your last name is steinbrenner, you know better than hire someone you have already fired

Go figure.

What other NFL team(s) did Gailey interview with prior to that 2007 season (when he was still HC of GT)?

What other NFL team(s) did Gailey interview with prior to that 2007 season (when he was still HC of GT)?

What's your point?---that Gailey was "unavailable" to take the Cowboys job because he was coaching some mediocre colege team?

Weak.

What's your point?---that Gailey was "unavailable" to take the Cowboys job because he was coaching some mediocre colege team?

Weak.

Bahahahahaha. Oh, the irony.

Making the major assumption that Gailey was looking to leave GT after the 2006 season, what makes you think it would have been appealing to Gailey to go back and work for a guy who "made a mistake" and fired him before? Do you think the aforementioned Wade Phillips would ever come back and coach the Bills?

You and your alter-ego mpl should start a new board.

From the first linked article:

Gailey says he does not have one particular philosophy on offense.

"You just adjust and try to put your players in a position to be successful. That's my theory. I don't have a name for the offense or an offensive philosophy other than being physical, being able to run the football and then put your players in position to be successful."

it's like music to my ears!!

Bahahahahaha. Oh, the irony.

Making the major assumption that Gailey was looking to leave GT after the 2006 season, what makes you think it would have been appealing to Gailey to go back and work for a guy who "made a mistake" and fired him before? Do you think the aforementioned Wade Phillips would ever come back and coach the Bills?

You and your alter-ego mpl should start a new board.

It's a simple question. And yeah, I made a "major assumption" that Gailey was looking to leave--because he told the world he was....(read on).

So your position is that Gailey, trying the patience of the boosters at GT, would NOT have (re)taken a job as HC of the Cowboys if JJ had come to him and told him that firing him was his biggest mistake ever? You think CG would have preferred to stay at a college job when a guy like JJ is begging him to come back? I'll let you hang onto that doozie!

If so, why did Gailey interiew (to answer your previous question) with the Steelers and the Dolphins (both teams with whom he had coached) after the '06 season? Both didn't want him. He therefore announced he was "returning" to GT for the '07 season. GT dumped him by the end of the season and bought out his contract--paying a million dollars to him not to coach their team.

It's a simple question. And yeah, I made a "major assumption" that Gailey was looking to leave--because he told the world he was....(read on).

So your position is that Gailey, trying the patience of the boosters at GT, would NOT have (re)taken a job as HC of the Cowboys if JJ had come to him and told him that firing him was his biggest mistake ever? You think CG would have preferred to stay at a college job when a guy like JJ is begging him to come back? I'll let you hang onto that doozie!

If so, why did Gailey interiew (to answer your previous question) with the Steelers and the Dolphins (both teams with whom he had coached) after the '06 season? Both didn't want him. He therefore announced he was "returning" to GT for the '07 season. GT dumped him by the end of the season and bought out his contract--paying a million dollars to him not to coach their team.

Fair enough; he was looking to leave GT prior to the 2007 season. But yes I do believe that he wanted nothing to do with the Cowboys after being fired by Jones. And that's the difference between the Cowboys and the Steelers and Dols situations: he wasn't fired by the latter two teams. I just don't see why Jones would lie when he said that firing Gailey was a mistake. I don't recall him saying the same things about Campo or Switzer, and Switzer won a SB with the Cowboys.

Gailey knew he was on his last leg at GT, of course he would have interviewed with the cowgirls after the steelers and phins turned him down had he been asked. But what you or I think really doesn't matter, and we will never know for sure.

For about the 100th time, Gailey historically is a mediocre coach. Read whatever you need into jones not rehiring him, or why the steelers, fish, and basically everyone else passed to get yourself excited about the upcoming season. Who knows, maybe God will smile down on Buffalo and lift our coach and team out of mediocrity. The odds of that happening are better than Gailey suddenly transforming into a great coach this late in his life on his own.

I for one cannot wait for the season to start so we can stop all the "jones biggest mistake ever" talk and see what we really have.

Gailey knew he was on his last leg at GT, of course he would have interviewed with the cowgirls after the steelers and phins turned him down had he been asked. But what you or I think really doesn't matter, and we will never know for sure.

For about the 100th time, Gailey historically is a mediocre coach. Read whatever you need into jones not rehiring him, or why the steelers, fish, and basically everyone else passed to get yourself excited about the upcoming season. Who knows, maybe God will smile down on Buffalo and lift our coach and team out of mediocrity. The odds of that happening are better than Gailey suddenly transforming into a great coach this late in his life on his own.

I for one cannot wait for the season to start so we can stop all the "jones biggest mistake ever" talk and see what we really have.

The bolded part is pure speculation. It's far more "realistic" to think that Gailey had had enough of Jones' schtick the first time around and was so disgusted by the way he was fired, for Dave Campo no less, after taking the Cowboys to the playoffs two years in a row, that he told Jones to go fornicate himself if/when he called to set-up an(other) interview. It's like dating a hot girl, finding out she's pyscho, and refusing to go out with her again when she comes calling, because you know how it will all turn out.

The "biggest mistake" quote by Jones is worthless in and of itself. Gailey will prove his worth on the field, not by what Jones said. But Jones still meant it, otherwise he wouldn't have said it.

And I agree that I can't wait for the season to start so we can end this mindless mental masturbation.

I thought Gailey did a poor job with the offense at georgia tech. It seemed to me he was asking college players to run a pro-style offense. But for now, I will pretend Gailey is the answer to all of our prayers until he screws up.

The bolded part is pure speculation. It's far more "realistic" to think that Gailey had had enough of Jones' schtick the first time around and was so disgusted by the way he was fired, for Dave Campo no less, after taking the Cowboys to the playoffs two years in a row, that he told Jones to go fornicate himself if/when he called to set-up an(other) interview. It's like dating a hot girl, finding out she's pyscho, and refusing to go out with her again when she comes calling, because you know how it will all turn out.

Depends on how hot she is and how long it has been for me :thumbsup:

I think Gaily was in a bad spot in Dallas. It was a high profile, vetern team. What was he going to do, call Troy, Irvin, and E. Smith into the meeting room and tell them, " I know you you just won 3 superbowls, but this is what I want to do." Those guy's were at the ends of there careers, there all HOF's so he couldn't get rid of them. He just had to play with what he had. I'm not saying he going to be good, but at least in buffalo he able to put his own team together, and be able to coach these young players. Give the guy a chance. Who knows, 1 thing I believe about the bills, were due for a break.

The "biggest mistake" quote by Jones is worthless in and of itself. Gailey will prove his worth on the field, not by what Jones said. But Jones still meant it, otherwise he wouldn't have said it.

And I agree that I can't wait for the season to start so we can end this mindless mental masturbation.

I like the bolded part best.

Look, only in your world would it be "far more 'realistic'" for CG to refuse another crack at the NFL (and the Cowboys) from a begging JJ. But it doesn't matter---because Jones never interviewed him. Despite CG making it loud and clear he was desperately seeking an NFL job as a ticket out of oblivion at GT, despite JJ's heartfelt confession---he was not among the 10 men interviewed.

Go ahead, dive back into the shallow end, doc.

But you are correct---we all hope for the best and will see very soon if CG is worthy of JJ's dubious praise.

I like the bolded part best.

Look, only in your world would it be "far more 'realistic'" for CG to refuse another crack at the NFL (and the Cowboys) from a begging JJ. But it doesn't matter---because Jones never interviewed him. Despite CG making it loud and clear he was desperately seeking an NFL job as a ticket out of oblivion at GT, despite JJ's heartfelt confession---he was not among the 10 men interviewed.

Go ahead, dive back into the shallow end, doc.

But you are correct---we all hope for the best and will see very soon if CG is worthy of JJ's dubious praise.

There were ten, count 'em ten, head coaching vacancies prior to the 2006 season doc. Gailey interviewed for TWO teams for whom he'd worked and had a good relationship. Yeah, that's desperation!

Don't confuse Gailey not interviewing for the Cowboys job as some sort of proof that Gailey wanted to interview and/or JJ didn't want to interview him. That's how you get yourself into trouble.