Chan Gailey = Lou Saban?

Lou Saban is still the only Bills coach to lead them to league championships (AFL) - 1964 and 1965. That was 7 years before he came back and built his new Bills team around murderer Simpson.

So please tell my how this great Bills coach reminds you of Chan Gailey, when Gailey still has not coached his first preseason game for the Buffalo Bills?? Gailey has not won any championships at any level of his coaching career, unless he won high school championships early in his career or something. He won with the Cowboys but not in the playoffs, and did not do enough to convince Jerry Jones to keep him around after his 3 years were up. That was back in the mid 90's, and no other NFL team thought enough of his "no nonsense fundamentals" to hire him as their head coach since then, until Buddy and Ralph brought him in this year. He certainly was not much better then average during his years as head coach at Georgia Tech, and his teams never beat state rival Georgia during his tenure there.

Yet here you are starting a thread telling us you think he = Lou Saban.

Are there any fans left on this board who remember the great Bills teams of Saban (that's stretching it a bit, I know), or more realistically the great Bills teams of Chuck Knox and Marv Levy? Those 3 best coaches in Bills history were great, don't get me wrong. But they also had great players to make their coaching work.

Please stop thinking that Chan Gailey has the ability to win as Bills head coach, even if you think he is the second coming of Lou, until Buddy fins him better players.

I remember all of those coaches, I was just a kid when Lou Saban was HC. Ahh the memories of years past.

I remember all of those coaches, I was just a kid when Lou Saban was HC. Ahh the memories of years past.

Hi Sir, I am a Buffaloian who has lived in San Diego since 1994. I remember years ago watching the Bills games in PB at a place called Blind Melons. It was a great place for the Bills fans to gather and watch a game.

I always try to go to the Bills game when they are here in S.D. I remember the Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie match years ago. What a great game. Rob Johnson looked like a pro bowl QB and Flutie was being Flutie. In the end, we lost on a last second field. I walked out of the stadium with my Bills gear on and took the heckling from the SD fans. Boy, did that suck.

I would love to know what Chan really thinks of the players he has. Ignore the so-called experts. I want to know what Chan thinks. We may not have a serviceable QB but I believe we have decent talent in several areas. Does Chan see a way to win games with these guys?

PTR

This is a question that time will answer. I am hopeful that Chan will realize some hidden talent among the o-line and QB's we have on the roster. If he does not do this it will be a long and ugly season. I simply hoipe for improvement and competitiveness this year.

Hi Sir, I am a Buffaloian who has lived in San Diego since 1994. I remember years ago watching the Bills games in PB at a place called Blind Melons. It was a great place for the Bills fans to gather and watch a game.

I always try to go to the Bills game when they are here in S.D. I remember the Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie match years ago. What a great game. Rob Johnson looked like a pro bowl QB and Flutie was being Flutie. In the end, we lost on a last second field. I walked out of the stadium with my Bills gear on and took the heckling from the SD fans. Boy, did that suck.

Yup, been to Blind Melons a few times. They go to Christy's MVP bar in Point Loma now I believe. I havn't gone there, worried about DUI's.