Suggestion for TBD

One of the reasons I love TBD is the lack of being able to load pictures into your posts, HOWEVER, every once in a while, it would be nice to load a picture from your HD, cellphone, etc onto a post instead of having to use one of the hosting sites, etc, etc.

Since we all hate tons of pics posted, I would suggest the following rules:

Only those with 1+ years of TBD tenure can post

Limited to 1 pic post per 60 days (to ensure its really something worth sharing)

Only posted on Off the Wall.

If it is inappropriate, same rules as any inappropriate text posts would apply

First post would require a $5 donation to TBD for the server space. At 6 pics a year per poster maximum, that would MORE than cover, but also get those who have never donated to buck up. In other words, if you want to share a pic, your donating $5. This might be the only pic you ever want to post, but with 1+ year of tenure, you owe Scott $5 by now anyway most likely :unsure:

If you hate this idea, which I'm sure most will, let's hear it. But I think it would be nice to see some things in the lives of TBDers; whether it be funny, serious, etc.

Two words, Dakota and Fanning.

Two More Words: Your're a scumbag - that being said, I'm thinking things like Bills in NYC sharing a pic of an awesome tailgate outside of McFaddens, peoples wedding pics, the amazing Genny Cream Ale neon sign I saw at a bar in the hell hole of Tucson AZ I live in, Alaska Darin's Igloo (see: house), etc.

Was that actually more than two words? My bad. :unsure:

Two More Words: Your're a scumbag - that being said, I'm thinking things like Bills in NYC sharing a pic of an awesome tailgate outside of McFaddens, peoples wedding pics, the amazing Genny Cream Ale neon sign I saw at a bar in the hell hole of Tucson AZ I live in, Alaska Darin's Igloo (see: house), etc.

Was that actually more than two words? My bad. :unsure:

whoa whoa whoa that's like 63 words

One of the reasons I love TBD is the lack of being able to load pictures into your posts, HOWEVER, every once in a while, it would be nice to load a picture from your HD, cellphone, etc onto a post instead of having to use one of the hosting sites, etc, etc.

Since we all hate tons of pics posted, I would suggest the following rules:

Only those with 1+ years of TBD tenure can post

Limited to 1 pic post per 60 days (to ensure its really something worth sharing)

Only posted on Off the Wall.

If it is inappropriate, same rules as any inappropriate text posts would apply

First post would require a $5 donation to TBD for the server space. At 6 pics a year per poster maximum, that would MORE than cover, but also get those who have never donated to buck up. In other words, if you want to share a pic, your donating $5. This might be the only pic you ever want to post, but with 1+ year of tenure, you owe Scott $5 by now anyway most likely :unsure:

If you hate this idea, which I'm sure most will, let's hear it. But I think it would be nice to see some things in the lives of TBDers; whether it be funny, serious, etc.

I really dislike photos within posts, but these are usually places that have so much bling you cannot find the post anyway.

That said, TBD has always tried to make proactive changes - which is what has kept it interesting.

I am game if the majority feels the same as you.

I think the rules for who can post + how often needs work.

I really dislike photos within posts, but these are usually places that have so much bling you cannot find the post anyway.

That said, TBD has always tried to make proactive changes - which is what has kept it interesting.

I am game if the majority feels the same as you.

I think the rules for who can post + how often needs work.

Thoughts on the rules?

Thoughts on the rules?

Hi, Steve! long time...

Who enforces the rules once established?

A software tool like flood control blocking, or another thing to put on the back of the volunteer moderators who are already considered to be fascist thought police by the dimmer bulbs! (applause for them inserted here).

Also, I will use myself as an example so no one else is offended :devil: but how does being here X amount of time mean I will not abuse the photo rules? Longevity does not equal common sense

Scott has already taken a barge of crap for his request that avatars get toned down, but there are still some avatars that would be embarrassing me if I was reading this forum with a child. To be clear, I like the spicy avatars.

It seems like a lot of people who do not understand the forum rules are the first to cry "freedom of speech". There ain't no stinking freedom of speech here, did they NOT read what their rights are here? LOL

Just my thoughts, randomly offered, heh.

You're assuming that the functionality of the software used would allow this type of targeted privilige which it probably does not. If it doesn't, deciding who can post a picture and when would be completely manual and even if Scott and the mods loved the idea I doubt anyone is going to take on that sort of manual management. Simply put, I think the idea is impractical as suggested.

You're assuming that the functionality of the software used would allow this type of targeted privilige which it probably does not. If it doesn't, deciding who can post a picture and when would be completely manual and even if Scott and the mods loved the idea I doubt anyone is going to take on that sort of manual management. Simply put, I think the idea is impractical as suggested.

You're probably right.

Well, just my $.02.

First idea I've ever had on TBD that had some nice discussion around it.

Well, I guess I'll have to find a hosting site to show off the Genny Cream Ale Neon I spotted in Tucson :devil:

Have a good 4th everyone!

You're probably right.

Well, just my $.02.

First idea I've ever had on TBD that had some nice discussion around it.

Well, I guess I'll have to find a hosting site to show off the Genny Cream Ale Neon I spotted in Tucson :devil:

Have a good 4th everyone!

Question:

Why not just create an Album here? They've got the nifty "My Album" feature. I used it last summer to post pics of my trip to the HOF and thought it was pretty easy and functional.

I guess, I just don't see the advantage to having pictures actually appear in the post. If you allow a resolution large enough to have a decent picture, then you get large, oversized posts that make reading the thread near impossible. If you put resolution restrictions on the pics, to make them smaller, then you lose all good detail in pics and still would want to link to a higher rez pic.

So, I guess I'll add my 2 cents and say keep the pics out. The My Album feature is functional enough, as well as the myriad of free pic posting sites. Plus too, this way we have to at least click the link to see Peter Pan guy. Imagine, he/she showing up in every other thread... all unfiltered!

Question:

Why not just create an Album here? They've got the nifty "My Album" feature. I used it last summer to post pics of my trip to the HOF and thought it was pretty easy and functional.

I was going to suggest the gallery option also.

I don't get it...some people already put pics in their post, and the pic looks like it's uploaded onto TBD. Like this one.

Are you talking about something different?

That's the Customer Service forum. Looks like that feature is not locked out there, like it is here. Scott may have it that way so people can post screen shots of issues they are having.

That's the Customer Service forum. Looks like that feature is not locked out there, like it is here. Scott may have it that way so people can post screen shots of issues they are having.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks...