Evidently Google Maps Aren't Idiot Proof.

Look for a disclaimer like this to appear on Google Maps soon;

Caution: Google Maps are not idiot proof. Please use common sense and caution when following the directions given out, ya freakin morons.

Jun 1, 2010 11:19 am US/Eastern

Woman Hit By Car Sues Google For Bad Directions

Lawsuit Claims Company Culpable For Sending Her Down Highway

...Enter Lauren Rosenberg, a Los Angeles native who found herself in Park City, Utah, on January 19, 2009. Rosenberg wanted to get from Point A to Point B and she chose to walk. Consulting Google Maps on her BlackBerry, she was given a walking route and followed the directions closely, even though those walking directions included walking on a highway that has no sidewalks. Now Rosenberg is suing Google for her medical expenses and also for punitive damages because she was hit by a car.

Repeat: She's suing Google because she chose to walk on a highway. Down the middle of it, by the way. Rosenberg is also suing the driver who hit her....

:rolleyes:

When the world is made to be idiot-proof,

the world will become overpopulated with idiots. - Mark Twain

Lol. You mean she didn't read the fine print??

Parah 4 - Use of google content

wow. Talk about an over dependence on technology. I believe GPS' come with the "use your best judgement" disclaimer. i remember this one night, we were driving somewhere between Portsmouth and Hampton beach, NH , looking for this seafood place. The GPS made us take this right turn out of the nowhere....and we almost ended up in a lake !!(There were absolutely no lights, was pitch black). We stared incredulously at the GPS which insisted in her sexy voice that the restaurant was in indeed in the middle of the lake.

Lol. You mean she didn't read the fine print??

Parah 4 - Use of google content

wow. Talk about an over dependence on technology. I believe GPS' come with the "use your best judgement" disclaimer. i remember this one night, we were driving somewhere between Portsmouth and Hampton beach, NH , looking for this seafood place. The GPS made us take this right turn out of the nowhere....and we almost ended up in a lake !!(There were absolutely no lights, was pitch black). We stared incredulously at the GPS which insisted in her sexy voice that the restaurant was in indeed in the middle of the lake.

We're talking about the same country where coffee cups have to have a "warning: coffee may be hot" message. I'm sure she'll win some money.

Actually, while that case gets a bad rep, it was the right decision. McDonald's brews their coffee at extremely high temperatures, and the lady was burned far more than if a normal cup of coffee had spilled on her.

all you gotta do is read the directions on products to realize how stupid some people are. i cant think of any examples but start reading them and youll find them. you just know somebody actually did the incredibly stupid thing that they tell you not to do with their product

all you gotta do is read the directions on products to realize how stupid some people are. i cant think of any examples but start reading them and youll find them. you just know somebody actually did the incredibly stupid thing that they tell you not to do with their product

Of course the flip side is buying something somewhat technical and getting NO directions, whatsoever. That's always fun.

Of course the flip side is buying something somewhat technical and getting NO directions, whatsoever. That's always fun.

True. Seems lately instructions are going from a multiple page manual to something written on the back of a napkin.

Years ago my Dad took a technical writing class. One assignment was explaining how to tie a tie. My Dad was the only one to pass. Why? He was the only one to put in the instructions to place the tie around your neck. Everyone else forgot to include that step.