Anyone with Sirius/XM and wants a deal....

I have had my Sirius subscription for 5 years, kind of got fed up with paying $94 every 6 months and still not being able to enjoy it online without an additional $3/month....called them last nite and told them pretty much that and that come september was thinking about doing away with the expense. They offered me a half price deal for a year, so now i will only pay 94/year which will then entice me to pony up the extra $3. So if anyone is patient enough to sit on hold for 15-20 minutes, its a pretty good deal for a year.....

I have had my Sirius subscription for 5 years, kind of got fed up with paying $94 every 6 months and still not being able to enjoy it online without an additional $3/month....called them last nite and told them pretty much that and that come september was thinking about doing away with the expense. They offered me a half price deal for a year, so now i will only pay 94/year which will then entice me to pony up the extra $3. So if anyone is patient enough to sit on hold for 15-20 minutes, its a pretty good deal for a year.....

Are you locked in for a year though? I don't want it even for $10 a year if Stern leaves at the end of his contract.

Funny you posted this now as Monday night I called Sirius to cancel as I now have XM (with best of sirius). The reason I switched was Sirius' poor customer service, which was based in a foreign country. I called Monday and the person, clearly American, and told her I needed to cancel. I knew she would try to "save" me, so I told her it was the economy, and I was canceling everything except the bare essentials. She did try to save me, but instead of offering half price, etc, she credited, immediately, $50 to my account, which covered 3+ months. She told me to call back any time before that to cancel, or she would cancel now if I really wanted to. Hell, 3 free months, why not.

My wife had XM radio for a few years. We canceled it a couple of years ago when her radio broke and we didn't want to buy a new one, but we were only paying $77/year.

Looks like similar deals are still out there:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.ph...0&t=1993170

Looks like 6 months for $34.

My radio was stolen at the beach a few years ago. I called to have them turn it off and order a new one but I didn't need to to. They just sent me a new one for free. I don't think they turned off the stolen one right away either. When my subscription for that one came to an end I started getting email solicitations every other day to turn the radio back on. It pissed me off that the jackass who stole it got free radio for a few months.

i went with double play for 79.00 for 1st 6 months, then 85.00 for the remainder of the time...i may call after 6 months and see if they can cut a deal to include my cell phone and get some sort of a package discount...being here in comcast country kind of gives me some ammo as i have a good friend that could probably get me a friends and family package, but for now I will go with fios which is going to be hooked up next saturday...

Pooj - what did you do about FiOS?

I still love the music channels...i was listening to the Dead channel last sunday and i really enjoyed the people calling in talking about specific shows and just the knowledge the fans have of the dead..its a really amazing dynamic between fans and the band....plus the sports channels for Buffalo Bills and SU sports

Are you locked in for a year though? I don't want it even for $10 a year if Stern leaves at the end of his contract.

i went with double play for 79.00 for 1st 6 months, then 85.00 for the remainder of the time...i may call after 6 months and see if they can cut a deal to include my cell phone and get some sort of a package discount...being here in comcast country kind of gives me some ammo as i have a good friend that could probably get me a friends and family package, but for now I will go with fios which is going to be hooked up next saturday...

Sounds like Sirius is just giving them a chance to enjoy their lovely brand!

You guys are all suckers! Last Feb, '09, Sirius sent out an email that said internet listening would be an additional cost unless you entered the contract before such and such date. So, I took my 2nd subscription to a lifetime - $399.99. It now costs $499.99 for a lifetime. I figured after 2 1/2 years it'd pay for itself and Stern will definately re-up and if not I have become a Bubba mark so I won't worry.

I have the Stiletto 100, the best listening device EVER! The problem was the home and car kits as well as batteries were hard to find. The Stiletto 2 sucks and I got the iggy from R&D at Sirius that they may not be making a new Stiletto because they wanted to keep people tied in to car units- that's where they make their money. Needless to say, I have 6 regular batteries, 4 small batteries, 2 extra home kits, 3 extra car kits, and 1 extra stiletto. I would wait until someone had a great deal on eBay and bought up a bunch. Probably cost me $250 but I know I'll be able to keep my stiletto's going another 5 years and than I can transfer my lifetime subscriptions 3 times to new radios, regardless!

Lifetime subscription is the way to go, even the arabs will tell you that on the phone.