24 Kinds of Libertarians

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 types of liberals: The "I" lib and the "we" lib.

The "I" liberal is usually a relatively happy and successful person. He is so high on himself and confident in his knowledge and experience that he can't help but share this great understanding with the world. He wants to help others and be responsible but still wants to enjoy the good life. He's the type that will buy carbon offsets and fly around the world in a private jet to give lectures on conservation. The "I" lib tends to be an agreeable sort who has accepted liberal politics at some point in life and is attracted to the romanticised idealism that it represents. He justifies it by the fact that he himself is so smart, and this is what he believes. He must be right or he wouldn't believe it (circular reasoning). To him government is a way to extend his good fortune to others without having to go too far out of his own way. Usually these are decent people.

The "we" liberal is a pathetic being. He tends to be a loser with little to be happy about. His politics are a result of his need to be part of a movement and to have meaning in his life. He tends to be unhappy in his life and needs to improve (control) the lives of others who never asked for his involvement. He is generally a prick in his private life (although there are many of this variety thought to be "nice guys" but this is a front) and uses his politics and charitable causes to justify his worth and moral superiority while absolving him of his nasty disposition. He tends to be cowardly and seeks security which often comes in the form of government to act as his daddy. He often refers to what "we" need to do, and seldom takes responsibility for his problems, but rather finds a boogey man for every situation. He is of the belief that everything bad is somebody's fault and if everyone were as caring and virtuous as he, life would be a utopia. He will lash out with venomous hatred to anyone who challenges his dogmatic belief system. He is the most common version of liberal.

There are 2 types of liberals: The "I" lib and the "we" lib.

The "I" liberal is usually a relatively happy and successful person. He is so high on himself and confident in his knowledge and experience that he can't help but share this great understanding with the world. He wants to help others and be responsible but still wants to enjoy the good life. He's the type that will buy carbon offsets and fly around the world in a private jet to give lectures on conservation. The "I" lib tends to be an agreeable sort who has accepted liberal politics at some point in life and is attracted to the romanticised idealism that it represents. He justifies it by the fact that he himself is so smart, and this is what he believes. He must be right or he wouldn't believe it (circular reasoning). To him government is a way to extend his good fortune to others without having to go too far out of his own way. Usually these are decent people.

The "we" liberal is a pathetic being. He tends to be a loser with little to be happy about. His politics are a result of his need to be part of a movement and to have meaning in his life. He tends to be unhappy in his life and needs to improve (control) the lives of others who never asked for his involvement. He is generally a prick in his private life (although there are many of this variety thought to be "nice guys" but this is a front) and uses his politics and charitable causes to justify his worth and moral superiority while absolving him of his nasty disposition. He tends to be cowardly and seeks security which often comes in the form of government to act as his daddy. He often refers to what "we" need to do, and seldom takes responsibility for his problems, but rather finds a boogey man for every situation. He is of the belief that everything bad is somebody's fault and if everyone were as caring and virtuous as he, life would be a utopia. He will lash out with venomous hatred to anyone who challenges his dogmatic belief system. He is the most common version of liberal.

Just those two types huh? Well, that is twice the amount some say and I guess that is progress of sorts...

Just those two types huh? Well, that is twice the amount some say and I guess that is progress of sorts...

i think he's missing just a few (often accurate) caricatures: the religous zealot-much like the "moral" minority, this group is guided by their faith and often talk of social justice. they share almost nothing in interpretation of their holy books with the moral minority. the intellectual: to whom the pursuit of knowlege is paramount. frequently without much in the way of monetary resources, they often walk the walk as well as the talk but are frequently ignored. the environmentalist: deeply concerned with the fate of the earth and its rapid decline at the hands of humans. can't believe that others don't see a problem. sometimes live off the grid. the homosexual: you expect them to be conservatives? they seek tolerance. trendy: often young, attractive people who seek the glamour they envision in the liberal hollywood set. hollywood: often shallow and uninformed. frequenty motivated by witnessed suffering. the poor: will side with those most likely to help. the rich: often self made, understanding of the hurdles and inherent unfairness of the game which they aim to change. the ethnic urban: see "the poor ". the users: a regrettable component, pitied but often tolerated by the other groups, that truly want to capitilize on the largesse of the well meaning. the often unrealized hope is to convert them to contributing members.

just a sampling. i'm sure i could come up with 24 if i spent the time.

This reminds me of an email that makes the rounds every couple of months...

For those that don't know about history... Here is a condensed version:

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals

2. Conservatives

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, etc. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. Those became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water.. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Bud or Miller. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, engineers, corporate executives, athletes, members of the military, airline pilots and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America . They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history:

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it.

A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to tick them off.

And there you have it.

Let your next action reveal your true self .

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/07/24-ty...f-libertarians/

Enjoy. My favorites are "the Island" and "Nepotist".....

For those who may not know, "Atlas" & "Missionary" both refer to Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged". That book greatly influenced quite a few people including former Federal Reserve Chairman, Alan Greenspan. Michael Shermer wrote an interesting essay about how Rand's fans became almost cultish in their behavior.

For those who may not know, "Atlas" & "Missionary" both refer to Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged". That book greatly influenced quite a few people including former Federal Reserve Chairman, Alan Greenspan. Michael Shermer wrote an interesting essay about how Rand's fans became almost cultish in their behavior.

Big-government "progressives" almost universally HATE Rand for her views.

This reminds me of an email that makes the rounds every couple of months...

For those that don't know about history... Here is a condensed version:

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals

2. Conservatives

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, etc. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. Those became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water.. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Bud or Miller. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, engineers, corporate executives, athletes, members of the military, airline pilots and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America . They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history:

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it.

A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to tick them off.

And there you have it.

Let your next action reveal your true self .

I must be a conservative because I really want the Blue States to stop subsidizing those Red State moochers .

I think we all knew that guy in college who carried his old, beaten-up copy of The Fountainhead around with him at all times.

Aren't you still *IN* college?

Rand rules, FWIW.

I am still in college, but it's the collective "we," rather than the royal "we." :unsure:

I never minded reading Rand. However, the kid that I know who carries The Fountainhead around is an idiot who, half the time, doesn't even know what she was writng about. It gets annoyng after a while. Say, five seconds.

Where do you come up with this ****? :unsure:

Magox you do realize that in general the Blue states are subsidizing the Red states

you must realize things like Social Security has been running surpluses for years is owed almost 3 trillion from the general fund- that at current rules would be solvent until 2037- is in trouble through no fault of it's own but because it has been systematically robbed for years and the chances of being paid back is almost nil. Which means the poor and Middle-class have been subsidizing everyone else.

Magox you do realize that in general the Blue states are subsidizing the Red states

you must realize things like Social Security has been running surpluses for years is owed almost 3 trillion from the general fund- that at current rules would be solvent until 2037- is in trouble through no fault of it's own but because it has been systematically robbed for years and the chances of being paid back is almost nil. Which means the poor and Middle-class have been subsidizing everyone else.

little known meaningless fact: lyme disease is endemic almost exclusively in blue states. think what jerry falwell would say if he knew! and i always thought blood sucking ticks lived mostly in red states.

Yes, because the poor and middle class are the only ones who pay into social security, the upper middle class and rich don't pay anything, and the endless Democrat spending programs are NOT the main reason that Social Security has been raided . :unsure:

Any more pearls of wisdom you would like to share? Are you trolling? I doubt anybody can reach these idiot conclusions and not be trolling.