anyone have a

dib

I cant get the freakin thing to shunt. Anyone know how?

Shunt? I'm working at ADT these days and have piles of troubleshooting paperwork on these alarms systems, but I've never heard shunt before. Are you trying to bypass a zone or is it something more complicated than that?

Shunt? I'm working at ADT these days and have piles of troubleshooting paperwork on these alarms systems, but I've never heard shunt before. Are you trying to bypass a zone or is it something more complicated than that?

Yes, trying to bypass a zone but nothing seems to work

Yes, trying to bypass a zone but nothing seems to work

Most honeywell systems have the same bypass sequence, so hopefully this works:

when you bypass the alarm needs to be disarmed first. code+6+zone number. zone numbers are always 2 digit, so if its zone 2 you want to bypass press code+6+02. When you disarm the system the zone will automatically unbypass.

Most honeywell systems have the same bypass sequence, so hopefully this works:

when you bypass the alarm needs to be disarmed first. code+6+zone number. zone numbers are always 2 digit, so if its zone 2 you want to bypass press code+6+02. When you disarm the system the zone will automatically unbypass.

thanks for your help, I appreciate it. My system may be screwed becuase that's the sequence I've been following.

thanks for your help, I appreciate it. My system may be screwed becuase that's the sequence I've been following.

The follow up trouble shooting questions I would always ask is: only the mastercode will let you bypass, if you've set up more than one code in your panel try the other ones.

Also double check the inability to bypass by trying different zone numbers. The installers are not always so good at giving an accurate zone list.

What works for me sometimes is to do a hard reset to clear the panel then giving it a second shot. reset is Code+1+code+1