Does annybody know what ever happened to.............

Heh - anybody remember his and Sestak's restaurant on Elmwood in Kenmore? It was a somewhat popular "love nest" for marrieds on the hunt or run in the evenings for a while. :P

Heading north up Elmwood was the "Penalty Shot." IIRC, the original ownership was Schoenfeld and Spencer. It turned into a skull-pop place.

I haven't visited WNY for 9 years now. But even back then, I got the impression that Kenmore viewed a drinking man as a profit opportunity to be halted and have one's wallet emptied. If I ever visit the area again, there is no Kenmore business that will ever see a dime of my money.

There was a Sestak and Maguire's in my old neighborhood too. Was on the corner of Cleveland and Harlem in Cheektowaga. Never realized they had more than one location.

You don't like Solomon Wilcots announcing Beews games? :P

Or how about the classic Shannon Sharpe trying to pronounce Ben Rothlisberger!

It comes out something like ben Rosisberger. Apparently being able to put two cohesive

and distinguishable syllables together, is not a prerequisite for being an NFL announcer

or commentator.

Heh - anybody remember his and Sestak's restaurant on Elmwood in Kenmore? It was a somewhat popular "love nest" for marrieds on the hunt or run in the evenings for a while. :P

I too was wondering what happened to Paul McGuire. He just seemed to disappear. He was/is one of the best in the business. It's a shame he's stuck doing UFL games. The powers that be on the major networks are nuts for not finding a place for him. (Unless maybe it was his choice to leave the "bigs").

Anyway, I was once told that my favorite restaurant, the Fryers Table on Cleveland Dr. in Cheektowaga was originally called Sestek and McGuire's. Don't know if that's true, but I thought I'd mention it.

There was a Sestak and Maguire's in my old neighborhood too. Was on the corner of Cleveland and Harlem in Cheektowaga. Never realized they had more than one location.

I think they were open at different times.

Sestak & Maguires was a great place, but I'll bet that was +40 years ago!

Stuck, what the hell are you talking about, or better, "what you talking bout Willis?"

I grew up in Kenmore, and while I also lived in Cheektowaga, Depew, Tonawanda, etc., Kenmore was my town/village of residence during most of my 30 years in Buffalo. Enlighten me.....

Their DWI (DUI for non-Buffalonians) record may be impressive but no more so than most places. Heck, one of the biggest drunks in Kenmore back in the mid-80's was a Kenmore Cop. His name was "Kir..." never mind. If you know Kenmore, you know who I just started to mention.

Care to look at Ohio with the same skeptical eye? I also lived in Dayton, OH, where DUI road blocks were darned near a weekly thing.

'Cmon' Spidey! The best dump to hang out in was THE BIRD!!

I too was wondering what happened to Paul McGuire. He just seemed to disappear. He was/is one of the best in the business. It's a shame he's stuck doing UFL games. The powers that be on the major networks are nuts for not finding a place for him. (Unless maybe it was his choice to leave the "bigs").

Anyway, I was once told that my favorite restaurant, the Fryers Table on Cleveland Dr. in Cheektowaga was originally called Sestek and McGuire's. Don't know if that's true, but I thought I'd mention it.

Not true about Friar's Table. The old building that was home to S&M is no longer there. Just an empty lot on the corner these days.

I think they were open at different times.

Sestak & Maguires was a great place, but I'll bet that was +40 years ago!

Yep. I'm giving away my age with that recollection!