A few questions about iphones, involving sound

bbb

I've had mine an iphone since shortly before the 3Gs came out - they then let me upgrade to that......However, I have two questions........Does the actual phone sound quality suck? I'm not sure if I'm always positioning my ear wrong, but I used to have a total barebones nothing but phone Virgin Mobile phone, and I could hear 10X better out of it.

My 2nd question is if I want to listen to the ipod, how do I get those stupid earbuds to stay in my ears? They keep falling out!

And, I guess a third question that I just thought of - if I did get the earbuds to stay in, can they be used to listen to your phone conversation and maybe make that easier to hear?

I've had mine an iphone since shortly before the 3Gs came out - they then let me upgrade to that......However, I have two questions........Does the actual phone sound quality suck? I'm not sure if I'm always positioning my ear wrong, but I used to have a total barebones nothing but phone Virgin Mobile phone, and I could hear 10X better out of it.

My 2nd question is if I want to listen to the ipod, how do I get those stupid earbuds to stay in my ears? They keep falling out!

And, I guess a third question that I just thought of - if I did get the earbuds to stay in, can they be used to listen to your phone conversation and maybe make that easier to hear?

Iphones were never known for call quality. Its not how you positioned it. I had the same problem wiht my 3g. When I researched online, I realized that for all its pros, sound quality didn't have a stellar rating.

Earbuds : You could buy in ear headphones. No one said you had to stick to those crappy plastic ones.

And yes. you can have a phone conversation with the headphones jacked in. You will still have to position your mouth near the phone speaker though.

I can never get the audio loud enough on the calls. I'm not deaf and I dont need it blasting, but sometimes I can barely hear what the person is saying.

You can replace your earbuds with other headphones if they wont stay in your ears. I have the same problem as well.

Also note! The earbuds that came with your iphone have a mic in the cord, that is how you can wear them on a call. From wht I have experienced, if you plug in a set of headphones that do not have an in-line mic, youll be able to hear the conversation, but you wont be able to speak without pulling out the headphones. When the headphones go in, the regular receiver mic gets disabled.

There are replacement headsets that have inline mics, so check out the apple store or walmart. You should be able to find a set that fits better, and that will allow you to use it on calls.

I can never get the audio loud enough on the calls. I'm not deaf and I dont need is blasting, but sometimes I can barely hear what the person is saying.

You can replace your earbuds with other headphones if they wont stay in your ears. I have the same problem as well.

Also note! The earbuds that came with your iphone have a mic in the cord, that is how you can wear them on a call. From wht I have experienced, if you plug in a set of headphones that do not have an in-line mic, youll be able to hear the conversation, but you wont be able to speak without pulling out the headphones. When the headphones go in, the regular receiver mic gets disabled.

There are replacement headsets that have inline mics, so check out the apple store or walmart. You should be able to find a set that fits better, and that will allow you to use it on calls.

Ohhh..so thaqts what that little block on the ipod/iphone earbuds is. I always wondered why they didnt put in that thing that prevents the earphones from being all tangled up instead of that little block.

Ohhh..so thaqts what that little block on the ipod/iphone earbuds is. I always wondered why they didnt put in that thing that prevents the earphones from being all tangled up instead of that little block.

yep, thats your mic! ive found that the quality isnt too bad on the other end when using the hands-free earbuds. but you might want to test it out before using it.

yep, thats your mic! ive found that the quality isnt too bad on the other end when using the hands-free earbuds. but you might want to test it out before using it.

Everytime I had the earphones jacked into the iphone and got a call....I would talk into the phone speaker while using the earbuds.

IPHONE USAGE FAIL!

A phone that does everything well but make phone calls. Good job Apple. :thumbsup:

That really seems to be what they did. My Virgin Mobile flip thing was a total joke, but yet the sound quality was excellent, esp. compared to the iphone.

That really seems to be what they did. My Virgin Mobile flip thing was a total joke, but yet the sound quality was excellent, esp. compared to the iphone.

But then again why spend money to develope something that no one uses anymore. No one talks to each other anymore. They text, IM, PM, Tweet, Twil, Pacebook, email etc. etc.

Does the actual phone sound quality suck?

Yes. I noticed it almost immediately when I got my iphone.

LOL...I've used an mp3/ipod/whatever about 3 times in my life and asked this exact question each time.

LOL...I've used an mp3/ipod/whatever about 3 times in my life and asked this exact question each time.

I have never been able to keep earbuds inside my ear. I use headphones, when listening to any music player. I guess people like us can get custom made buds, designed for our particular ears.

I even have a hard time keeping a bluetooth cell phone earpiece (with a wrap around ear holder) on my ear for any length of time.

I have never been able to keep earbuds inside my ear. I use headphones, when listening to any music player. I guess people like us can get custom made buds, designed for our particular ears.

I even have a hard time keeping a bluetooth cell phone earpiece (with a wrap around ear holder) on my ear for any length of time.

I've always much preferred headphones anyway. There aren't many earbuds that can compare to a good pair of headphones, and the white earbuds that come with your iPod don't even come close.

Hey BBB,

Hope this helps!!

Klipsch Headphones with mic for iphone

Here's a couple other options (I'm a huge ultimate ears fan):

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Isolat...cp_ob_e_title_0

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Isolat...e/dp/B001DCBBHK

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Isolat...e/dp/B001DCBBHK

I personally love the Ultimate Ears Super.fi5 Extended Bass model, but they don't make the EB with a mic.

Also, Ultimate Ears is owned by Logitech now, and I've had nothing but great customer experiences with Logitech tech support. They've replaced my EBs twice now under warranty no questions asked (even though I broke them myself, lol)

Hey BBB,

Hope this helps!!

Klipsch Headphones with mic for iphone

Thanks. But, those look like they could fall right out of my ears, too..........I use a Walkman still when I go on my walks, and that actually stays in my ears fine........it wraps around my ears, somewhat like this:

http://www.previewgadgets.com/wp-content/u...handsfree_2.jpg

Thanks. But, those look like they could fall right out of my ears, too..........I use a Walkman still when I go on my walks, and that actually stays in my ears fine........it wraps around my ears, somewhat like this:

http://www.previewgadgets.com/wp-content/u...handsfree_2.jpg

yeah I use similar headphones when I go work out. The ones above though are designed to fit in your middle ear. They wont fall out if you have the right sized buds and sound quality is amazing.

I use Grado headphones with my Ipod and the sound is tremendous. Bass is excellent and there is a much fuller sound

I used to use Senheisers before I gave them away to my sister. Awesome sound...but a big battery drainer.