Anyone See "Louie" Tonight?

The Dean

If you like Louis CK, then I advise you to check out this new show. Just saw the first two episodes and they will be repeated tonight and I"m sure over the next week.

This is a better TV show than Lucky Louie (which always had me laughing, even though it was a very tough show to watch). but it still isn't for everyone. A show w/o cliches (except, perhaps, for the set used in the stand up segment). Don't go looking for morals, happy endings or a particular narrative outside of the current sketch/segment. Here's a good review:

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/heat...isis/index.html

Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot this was happening. I'm a big fan of Louis C.K. and thought HBO pulled the plug on "Lucky Louie" far too soon.

I always thought he was funny, but I agree with the Dean that Lucky Louie was just very tough to watch. I'll have to give this show a chance.

The opening sequence (poker game) of the second episode was some of the most daring and exciting comedy I've seen on tv in some time. deadly funny and almost aggressively thought provoking.

Extremely well done. And funny.

I always thought he was funny, but I agree with the Dean that Lucky Louie was just very tough to watch. I'll have to give this show a chance.

I actually liked that show, but recognized it wasn't a "good show", if that makes any sense. Like Darin I wish they would have given it more time. This one is going to appeal to a few more people, I think.

i meant to watch it last night but got caught up in some BS. i will DEFINITELY be watching the replays this week. love me some louis ck.

and even though most are familiar with this clip already, i still feel it should be required watching for everyone in the country on a weekly basis:

Thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot this was happening. I'm a big fan of Louis C.K. and thought HBO pulled the plug on "Lucky Louie" far too soon.

Completely agree. So much crap on the tube these days, and they cancelled a hilarious show like Lucky Louie.