Repent! Solar storm predicted for 2013

'Sun Awakens': Scientists warn of solar storms to come

MAE HEUSSNER, ABC News 06/28/2010

"The sun is getting ready to ramp up its activity, and when it does we could be in for some real trouble, scientists say.

The sun's activity, which follows 11-year cycles, will experience its next peak in 2013. A solar storm of the strongest variety could cause 20 times more economic damage than Hurricane Katrina , said a 2008 National Academy of Sciences report on space weather. Though the odds of a such a storm are relatively small, such an occurrence could create severe weather in the sun's outer atmosphere, knocking out much of the country's power grid, incapacitating navigational systems and jeopardizing spacecraft, scientists say.

More than a million people could go without power, the distribution of drinkable water could be disrupted and transportation, communication and banking systems could be upset, the report said."...

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/science_tech/...-storms-to-come

Poor Fezmid - his life will cease... :lol::flirt:

They (scientists) predict this every few years, and warn about the dire consequences. Funny how we never see the dire consequences. The day will come and pass without a problem (or very minor problems that aren't worth mentioning).

Ironically, if the worst does happen at least I won't have to come on here and eat crow since nothing electronic will work.

Either that or Obama will hit the kill switch on the internet.

They (scientists) predict this every few years, and warn about the dire consequences. Funny how we never see the dire consequences. The day will come and pass without a problem (or very minor problems that aren't worth mentioning).

Ironically, if the worst does happen at least I won't have to come on here and eat crow since nothing electronic will work.

Either that or Obama will hit the kill switch on the internet.

Read up on Quebec city 1989. These electro magnetic storms are no joke. The sun goes through 11 year storm cycles and every 22 years the storm is particularily strong. Like I said, read up what happened to Quebec in 1989 and then do the math- we are coming up on a new 22 year mark

here is a good article on how bad Quebec got !@#$ed up last big solar storm

Read up on Quebec city 1989. These electro magnetic storms are no joke. The sun goes through 11 year storm cycles and every 22 years the storm is particularily strong. Like I said, read up what happened to Quebec in 1989 and then do the math- we are coming up on a new 22 year mark

Oh, I know it can happen, but it is never as bad as they say. What happened in Quebec was amazing, but not close to the world wide destruction that they predict. Last I checked, Quebec was not forced back into the stone age by the event.

You have to admit that on a certain level they love to predict the worse worse worse case scenario.

Oh, I know it can happen, but it is never as bad as they say. What happened in Quebec was amazing, but not close to the world wide destruction that they predict. Last I checked, Quebec was not forced back into the stone age by the event.

You have to admit that on a certain level they love to predict the worse worse worse case scenario.

It is the news way. But I don't admit that NASA overhypes stuff. Check out that article-

http://www.solarstorms.org/SWChapter1.html

It really explains how bad Quebec got !@#$ed up, and why that same storm would cause much more widespread damage today

We're headed for a disaster of biblical proportions ... Old Testament, real wrath-of-God type stuff! Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

We're headed for a disaster of biblical proportions ... Old Testament, real wrath-of-God type stuff! Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

Any chance we could see a gigantic stay-puff marshmellow man roaming the streets of NYC?

Any chance we could see a gigantic stay-puff marshmellow man roaming the streets of NYC?

We've been going about this all wrong! This Mr. Stay-Puft isn't so bad. He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

Al Gore was narrow minded. He only cared about Global Warming. What about Universal Warming?

I think that's why Obama is getting rid of the space shuttles? Clearly they were polluting space and warming up our sun.