Panic Attacks

NCDAWG

Anyone get panic attacks? Spent the weekend with a buddy and we were hanging out and imbibing a few. The last day I was there he was complaining of dizziness, rapid heart beat, shakiness, and cold sweats. Well I thought right away that it was a heart attack so I called 911 and they took him to the ER and he checked out fine. Other than being a big dude, everything checked out-blood, blood pressure, no stroke, no heart attack. The guy exercises all the time, and it really threw me for a loop when it happened. I am glad we took him to the hospital, since I am no medical guy. So that was what he was diagnosed with...panic attack. I have never experienced anything like that before and was wondering how common they are.

Anyone get panic attacks? Spent the weekend with a buddy and we were hanging out and imbibing a few. The last day I was there he was complaining of dizziness, rapid heart beat, shakiness, and cold sweats. Well I thought right away that it was a heart attack so I called 911 and they took him to the ER and he checked out fine. Other than being a big dude, everything checked out-blood, blood pressure, no stroke, no heart attack. The guy exercises all the time, and it really threw me for a loop when it happened. I am glad we took him to the hospital, since I am no medical guy. So that was what he was diagnosed with...panic attack. I have never experienced anything like that before and was wondering how common they are.

Watch the sopranos and you'll learn all you need to know about panic attacks.

PM sent. I am not a stressed out guy, but I have had a couple of these when I am very relaxed with friends. It is as if my body does not like to be so relaxed and flips out. It feels more physical than mental.

A friend of mine used to get them now and then. There was never really an isolated trigger event that set them off, just an accumulation of little things that would eventually push her into a frenzy.

Another good buddy of mine had almost the exact situation you described. A bunch of us had gone back to college for a football weekend. He had a rough time from the start. His car broke down on the way out, he lost a bundle on the game, had some big med school exam coming up, etc. The morning we were all leaving, he had like 5 cups of coffee at breakfast. He said he wanted to just take a little walk by himself and the next thing we know, he's blowing up our cells all freaked out and saying he wants an ambulance. When they came they said it was a panic attack. Pretty crazy.

The only time I've ever experienced anything like that was after I got a concussion. I was waiting in the school infirmary to get checked out. I wasn't worried at all (I didn't even want to go but was pressured by friends to be safe). I was just reading a magazine when all of a sudden I flipped. I got really scared and nervous. I started cold sweating and I had to demand to the nurse that I see someone immediately or go to the ER. It was pretty ridiculous. The ER doctor told me I had a concussion and that sudden panic was a common result. Bizarre.

PM sent. I am not a stressed out guy, but I have had a couple of these when I am very relaxed with friends. It is as if my body does not like to be so relaxed and flips out. It feels more physical than mental.

Probably tough to relax when you are terrified that the big bad govt. is trying to get you at every moment.

Shut your booger eating mouth, you whiny little puke of a piglet cop. You want some of this manicorn, ladyboy?

So far on this site you have proved you are an ignorant pig who doesnt know the law and makes fun of other posters who are trying to help someone with a real problem. How much lower do you want to sink?

I had for a short period of time about 7 years ago. Had a health scare with my heart(irregular beat, shocked back into rhythm) and for about a month after had like 3 panic attacks where I thought I was having a heart attack and was sure I was dying. Worst feeling in the world, went to the ER all three times. Final ER doc said all in my head, next time i got the feeling, have a beer and see if it helped, and by golly she was right.

As soon as I knew it was all in my head, they went away and have not had another

Shut your booger eating mouth, you whiny little puke of a piglet cop. You want some of this manicorn, ladyboy?

So far you have proved you are an ignorant pig who doesnt know the law and makes fun of other posters who are trying to help someone with a real problem. How much lower do you want to sink?

Obama apologists like you irk me.

If he didn't feel like he was having a panic attack (outside of what was happening to him), he probably had was experiencing supra-ventricular tachycardia (SVT), that resolved on its own (one can also make it resolve by bearing down or massaging the carotids, although I'd be careful with that last one). Unless you catch it when it's happening, you won't know. But the symptoms fit.

If he didn't feel like he was having a panic attack (outside of what was happening to him), he probably had was experiencing supra-ventricular tachycardia (SVT), that resolved on its own (one can also make it resolve by bearing down or massaging the carotids, although I'd be careful with that last one). Unless you catch it when it's happening, you won't know. But the symptoms fit.

I don't think either one of us even thought of panic attack. With all the stuff out there, I think he assumed heart attck...gotta say I did too. But the EMT's put him on a monitor and took his blood pressure several times. They said the BP was slightly elevated, but the heart rythm was normal. And they actually asked him if he wanted to go to the hospital as everything was turning up normal.