Most important game of the 2010 season......

I am hoping that the biggest game of the year is our last one on the schedule. It would be nice for it to finally mean something.......

I agree. I love that 'giddy' feeling before a big game that really means something. Also, Big games make the beer tastes better and I feel slimmer in my Jersey. :flirt:

Looking at the schedule, I believe the week 6 game against the Baltimore Ravens is a CRUCIAL game for our season.

Granted, this is just my opinion and pure speculation. Here's why.

The Bills are challenged out the gate against Miami, but it is a very winnable game. Suprising a division foe with a new offense, new Defense and new talent staged at a home game setting.......I like the odds. We nearly did the same thing to New England last year in our season opener, but THIS year, more talent and more discipline and better coaching WILL prevail for us. This is a very important game as well, but I believe there is one that will have longer lasting positive effects on the coaching and overall psyche of the team.

The Next four games are as follows:

Sept. 19 - at Green Bay

Step. 26 - at New England

Oct. 3 - vs. New York Jets

Oct. 10 - vs. Jacksonville

Oct. 17 - BYE - Now at this point, the Bills could be 2-3, with wins coming at only Miami and Jacksonville. I think it would be reasonable to assume we could win the two aforementioned games. I won't even go as far to say we squeek out another win somewhere, I'm being completely realistic. This BYE week is crucial to get the team the rest and game-planning for what is the pivotal game of the season, The Ravens. A fellow AFC opponent and a formidable one. Baltimore would have just played New England at home the week before (payback for the 2009 AFC playoff game) and I can assume that game will be emotionally and physically draining on the Ravens. The stage is set. ---With Buffalo coming off their bye week and having rested and extra time for game planning, this HUGE win will propel us into the second half of the season. A win at Baltimore followed by a string of four additional (yes, I said four) wins will put us at 7-3 late November.

Oct. 24 - at Baltimore --------

Oct. 31 - Kansas City --------

Nov. 7 - vs. Chicago (in Toronto) --------------- These games are our 5 game win streak. :lol:

Nov. 14 - vs. Detroit --------

Nov. 21 - at Cincinnati --------

I really don't think this is too far of a reach. A win at Baltimore not only gives us the 'W' but also gives the team the motivation necessary to face the 'less than formidable' teams through our five game streak after the Ravens. (Cincy was a one year wonder, they will fall back to earth this year. IMO)

For the remainder of the season I won't go into details/projections, but I posted it below for your viewing pleasure. The point I was making was that the Baltimore game is our biggest game of the year and could have us at 7-3 after 10 weeks.

Nov. 28 - vs. Pittsburgh

Dec. 5 - at Minnesota

Dec. 12 - vs. Cleveland

Dec. 19 - at Miami

Dec. 26 - vs. New England

Jan. 2 - at New York Jets

So in closing..... go ahead everyone, tell me how we won't even beat Miami or the Jags and how K.C. will run all over us. Someone tell me how we never win in Toronto and Detroit has Calvin Johnson who is unstoppable. Someone tell me Baltimore is going undefeated this year so my theory is garbage.... I'm ready for all the shots to be fired. :flirt:

My only problem with your logic is why you don't think beating the Jets nor Pats would be realistic but beating the Ravens would be? I know the Ravens will be coming off of a physical game but we will be playing the Pats right after they play the Jets in what should be a physical game for them and we'll be playing the Jets at home.

I am hoping that the biggest game of the year is our last one on the schedule. It would be nice for it to finally mean something.......

I've purposely forgotten that feeling. The last time we were in a 'win & in' finale was a traumatic experience.. :flirt:

Did we not do just that last year? I know some people think we went 0-16 but I seem to recall bitchslapping the Dolfags last year at home.

PTR

Yeah, but Dolfag week is not what it used to be. Squish the fish was an anthem. Those two weeks were always the biggest games. Now, its the Cheatriots, and rightly so I guess. We cant beat them either. But I still have a deep dark hatred of the fish...

One of my fondest memories as a Bills fan was the victory over the fish in Buffalo when the Pork Faced Satan said in his presser, "they were just tougher than us. More Physical". It was the game when we stopped them on fourth down twice, including once at about the fish 30-35. We had Big Ted and Fat Pat stuffing the middle. Must have been with Wado as coach in the late 90's...

My only problem with your logic is why you don't think beating the Jets nor Pats would be realistic but beating the Ravens would be? I know the Ravens will be coming off of a physical game but we will be playing the Pats right after they play the Jets in what should be a physical game for them and we'll be playing the Jets at home.

Well, heres why I wrote what I did.

The Patriots have owned us for the past several years (4 or 5 off the top of my head) and even with a Brady-less team 2 years ago, we couldn't beat them. (I know it was a different time and a different regime) but for argument sake I kept our early wins to a minimum to make my 'Baltimore being a critical game' point. We could be 5-0 or 0-5 heading into the bye, but that first game back will really set the tone for the rest of the year (2009 Titans-esqe)

The schedule immediately following Baltimore is what I feel is going to be the bread and butter of our wins (IMO) and is going to make or break our season (in terms of wins and losses) We HAVE to win those 'winnable' games and squeek out a few suprises against the likes of Minnesota, GB or Baltimore; Baltimore also being the sole AFC team out of this group)

I didn't look into every teams schedule and who they play the week before Buffalo to come to my season conclusions. It was an excellent point that you brought up about the Jets/Pats. My attention was caught when I saw Baltimore on our schedule, immediately after a bye. I also know Baltimore is one of the 3 favored AFC teams to go to the Superbowl (12 to 1) (The others being the Jets (12 to 1) and Indy (13 to 2))

I personally think we will at least split each game against of divisional opponents, much like we did last year, except we didn't split games with New England.......hence my original post of losing to New England our first time facing them. Perhaps our win against New England happens later in the year, when we play them at home and our Offense/Defense has already jelled.

Good points brough up in your post......... I see us going 16-0 and heading to the Big game this year! (I just have to tone my excitement when I post so the bitter nay-sayers don't explode) B-)

Go Bills!