Ribeye

King of steaks? I think so,and here's why:

1) Adequate fat marbling to ensure tenderness and juiciness on the highest of flame. Sears well as well.

2) Flavor. can't find more flavor on any other cuts.

Discuss.

Didn't we just have a thread about this a few weeks ago, Joe?

You are right, though. Ribeye is King, IMO.

No need to apologize; we need multiple steak threads.

I am a huge Delmonico fan; and I've heard mixed things as to whether a Delmonico is really a rib-eye or another cut.

Anyone have any thoughts?

From what I understand, they are one and the same: Prime Rib, Ribeye and Delmonico.

No need to apologize; we need multiple steak threads.

I am a huge Delmonico fan; and I've heard mixed things as to whether a Delmonico is really a rib-eye or another cut.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Ribeye is the best answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delmonico_steak

Bought a couple of New Yorks yesterday. Usually buy Ribeye but went a different rout yesterday. Both are good but Ribeye is my favorite. But I will say that the key is a good hot grill. I used to have a natural gas grill in southern CA and it sucked, never got hot enough. I have the green egg now and that damn thing get's HOT!!

Give me grass fed Charolais beef! I just had some Ribeye the other night. I like full meat flavor. I only use a little bit of red vineagerette and oil to keep the blood coagulated in the steak and juicy. I am very good with steak. I have to be, it's my business. I am a grass fed beef farmer!

Give me grass fed Charolais beef! I just had some Ribeye the other night. I like full meat flavor. I only use a little bit of red vineagerette and oil to keep the blood coagulated in the steak and juicy. I am very good with steak. I have to be, it's my business. I am a grass fed beef farmer!

Can you sell me some beef?

I feel what your saying. My wife's dad is a grass fed beef farmer in the Virginia Shenandoah Valley. We haven't paid for meat since we've been married. We have two tall freezers in our garage. One is filled with nothing but different kinds of steaks, and the other is the ground beef, roasts, etc.

We know what their eating, we know how they've been cared for, and we know who we're gonna eat in advance.

It's just awesome when it's time to butcher to see all the steak coming our way!!!

B-)

I feel what your saying. My wife's dad is a grass fed beef farmer in the Virginia Shenandoah Valley. We haven't paid for meat since we've been married. We have two tall freezers in our garage. One is filled with nothing but different kinds of steaks, and the other is the ground beef, roasts, etc.

We know what their eating, we know how they've been cared for, and we know who we're gonna eat in advance.

It's just awesome when it's time to butcher to see all the steak coming our way!!!

B-)

Sounds good, but....how's your cholesterol? :wallbash:

Sounds good, but....how's your cholesterol? B-)

Borderline high and loving every minute of it. I was on the Atkins diet from this for awhile and lost like 25 pounds. However, I couldn't put up with the accompanying gout. LOL. Now, I just eat it like a champ.

Borderline high and loving every minute of it. I was on the Atkins diet from this for awhile and lost like 25 pounds. However, I couldn't put up with the accompanying gout. LOL. Now, I just eat it like a champ.

Carry on then! Enjoy!