Interior Line Depth

This to me is the biggest need of concern for this team as a whole.

Our O- line starters are set, I understand that. But if one guy goes down, which happens a lot during the season, who do we turn too? Kirk Chambers?

Last year it was Seth Mckinney being that kind of that guy and that was one of the biggest disasters I have ever seen. The guy not only sucked but he got hurt every time he went in the game, and it wasn't that often.

Im just concerned with Wood, who I believe will get the job done, coming off of an injury might need a break every now and again. Its rare for a team's interior o-line to go through a whole season without getting injured. Even though Hang and Levitre were solid in that aspect last year.

I think this group will surprise some people with the level of play, I would just like to see an insurance option to go be signed if g-d forbid one goes down.

Our O- line starters are set, I understand that. But if one guy goes down, which happens a lot during the season, who do we turn too? Kirk Chambers?

Last year it was Seth Mckinney being that kind of that guy and that was one of the biggest disasters I have ever seen. The guy not only sucked but he got hurt every time he went in the game, and it wasn't that often.

Im just concerned with Wood, who I believe will get the job done, coming off of an injury might need a break every now and again. Its rare for a team's interior o-line to go through a whole season without getting injured. Even though Hang and Levitre were solid in that aspect last year.

I think this group will surprise some people with the level of play, I would just like to see an insurance option to go be signed if g-d forbid one goes down.

Oh sweet !@#$...Chambers is like a bad penny.

I assure you interior line depth is not this teams biggest need of concern.

Pick any of these before interior line depth;

• Which OLB is capable of creating a pass rush.
  • NT in the 3-4 is being played by an undersized Williams / a Rookie
  • Who is going to catch the ball?
  • starting Left Tackle
  • starting Right Tackle
  • starting Center - Hangartner cannot handle the NT's in our division and is average at best
  • Players learning new systems
  • Can our DB's who thrived in a zone style Tampa 2, now become cover corners?

I assure you interior line depth is not this teams biggest need of concern.

Pick any of these before interior line depth;

• Which OLB is capable of creating a pass rush.
  • NT in the 3-4 is being played by an undersized Williams / a Rookie
  • Who is going to catch the ball?
  • starting Left Tackle
  • starting Right Tackle
  • starting Center - Hangartner cannot handle the NT's in our division and is average at best
  • Players learning new systems
  • Can our DB's who thrived in a zone style Tampa 2, now become cover corners?

* No olb candidates on the market, except for maybe Bobby McCray and he hasnt played 3-4 before

* I really think this will turn into a strong point. Like Kyle and Torrell a lot. Especially switching off

* A number of players

* Demetrius Bell if not Jamon Meredith

* Cornell Green will do above average

* Hang has been a product of a poor supporting group

* What coaches are for and is natural. Nothing can rush it

* They are the strong point of our team and in the top 5 in the NFL. We actually played a lot of man last couple years and have dont pretty well.

Like i said, for a running team which I think we will be this year. We need a solid line with good depth.

I think it would have made a nice addition to keep Incognito. He started after two practices and held his own pretty well.

[*]Can our DB's who thrived in a zone style Tampa 2, now become cover corners?

atleast this one im not worried about

a)even in a base C2, you still have a lot of plays that are not 100% zone, that was just the base defense, not the only.

b)in a 3-4 you can still play in a C2 shell over the top of the defense

* No olb candidates on the market, except for maybe Bobby McCray and he hasnt played 3-4 before

* I really think this will turn into a strong point. Like Kyle and Torrell a lot. Especially switching off

* A number of players

* They are the strong point of our team and in the top 5 in the NFL. We actually played a lot of man last couple years and have dont pretty well.

Like i said, for a running team which I think we will be this year. We need a solid line with good depth.

- Don't count out Batten or the undrafted rookie from Auburn.

- agreed.

- agreed.

- agreed.

- hang held is own. He's a top 20 starting center in this league.

- I think Bills fans are so use to mediocre coaching they dont know what good coaching is anymore.

- top 3 if they stay healthy. Top 2 if McKelvin is shut down. Top if all of the above and we generate a good pass rush consistently.

As for depth in the interior? Don't sleep on Kyle Calloway.

The only depth they have in the interior would be Calloway, who is currently lining up at RT. I think a guy who can play C/G has to be a priority when camp cuts role around.

Agree, just dont know why it hasnt already happened.

Hangartnar was ranked the 32nd best starting center in the league. Clearly, that position needs an upgrade (as do a number of others). But in a way, the Bills could benefit from a poor record this season; as that record can result in a higher draft pick/better chance of getting a franchise QB, than would otherwise be the case.

* A number of players

I didn't say we don't need depth, but this team is far from looking at depth when it doesn't have decided starters at key positions. But if you think interior line depth is our biggest concern, what can I say.

- Don't count out Batten or the undrafted rookie from Auburn.

- agreed.

- agreed.

- agreed.

- hang held is own. He's a top 20 starting center in this league.

- I think Bills fans are so use to mediocre coaching they dont know what good coaching is anymore.

- top 3 if they stay healthy. Top 2 if McKelvin is shut down. Top if all of the above and we generate a good pass rush consistently.

As for depth in the interior? Don't sleep on Kyle Calloway.

Hangartner did not hold his own. He got handled in the pass game. I'll agree we saw an upgrade over Fowler and Preston in the run game, but in the pass game Hangartner got destroyed.

I think it would have made a nice addition to keep Incognito. He started after two practices and held his own pretty well.

You forgot to mention that he is a raving lunatic who can't keep his emotions and temper in check. Kicking and punching players in the balls at very inopportune times has a tendency to draw killer personal foul penalties. Since college (where he was kicked off the team) and in the pros he has demonstrated that he is not able to control his rage on the field. :thumbsup:

Hangartner did not hold his own. He got handled in the pass game. I'll agree we saw an upgrade over Fowler and Preston in the run game, but in the pass game Hangartner got destroyed.

Maybe this is why we are seeing clips of Wood playing center in practice, maybe gailey plans on putting him at his college postion and working Callaway in at RG at somepoint, then sliding hangartner to backup G/C

Wood got reps at center last year too. It's called a backup plan. However, I wouldn't mind Wood at center full time if the Bills would have brought Simmons back to play RG and had Hangartner as the interior backup guy. That IMO would have been a pretty decent situation. But alas, TSW is ahead of of the Bills front office 10 plus years and counting.............

Odd thing is, they apparently like Chambers (who has played some tackle too) more than they liked Kendall Simmons or Richie Incognito who they declined to offer contracts to.

I'm guessing that's because of Chambers' positional versatility.

I am certainly flummoxed as to why that is. Chambers is to defensive linemen as Ike is to Tina. Incognito was the best player on our line last year.