From the mouths of babes...or however that goes.

To make a long story short, and not...verbose, I was at Hyde Park in Niagara Falls last night. A little league baseball game was breaking up, people walking to their cars, as I was walking by. By chance a mother and her son were walking right past me and I distinctly heard the following:

Mom: "Hi! Great Game!"

Kid: "Yeah. Everybody got game balls, well, not real game balls"

Mom: "Oh, well that's good"

Kid: "Why? No it isn't. There were kids that didn't even get a hit...."

and I didn't hear the rest as I was walking away.

I couldn't help but laugh. This kid could not be older than 9. If a 9 year old can figure out that you diminish winners, and disrespect/patronize the losers, by treating them all the same, then why can't the adults? People are created equally, but they don't produce equally. People that don't produce shouldn't expect = treatment, and this 9 year old knows why....

To make a long story short, and not...verbose, I was at Hyde Park in Niagara Falls last night. A little league baseball game was breaking up, people walking to their cars, as I was walking by. By chance a mother and her son were walking right past me and I distinctly heard the following:

I couldn't help but laugh. This kid could not be older than 9. If a 9 year old can figure out that you diminish winners, and disrespect/patronize the losers, by treating them all the same, then why can't the adults? People are created equally, but they don't produce equally. People that don't produce shouldn't expect = treatment, and this 9 year old knows why....

:beer: I was like this in little league too. I pitched when I was 10, 11, and 12. I'd have days where I would hold the opposing team to 2 or less runs for the entire 6 innings and some scrub who drove in our meaningless 10th run would get the game ball...because it was his first hit in 3 games. Boy was I pissed. :beer:

Of course, I quit baseball when I was 13 and picked up non-team sports. I hated sharing glory, and I hated sharing blame as well.

:D I was like this in little league too. I pitched when I was 10, 11, and 12. I'd have days where I would hold the opposing team to 2 or less runs for the entire 6 innings and some scrub who drove in our meaningless 10th run would get the game ball...because it was his first hit in 3 games. Boy was I pissed. :beer:

Welcome to the ethic taught in ou glorious public school system. The theme at my wife's school this year? "We are ALL winners!"

Yay, America.

:beer:

Welcome to the ethic taught in ou glorious public school system. The theme at my wife's school this year? "We are ALL winners!"

Yay, America.

Hey, my public high school tennis coach used to tell me in a tough match, where it might come down to me winning for the team to win, "If you don't win we'll be dedicating 25 four-court suicide sprints to you next practice."

Needless to say, I got out there and kicked my ass into gear during those matches.

I had a lot of hardass teachers in high school, but they may be the exception. I can only speak for one school district.

I had a lot of hardass teachers in high school, but they may be the exception. I can only speak for one school district.

And how long ago was this?

I had some tough teachers, too. But I graduated high school in 91. (20 years ago? :beer: Sheeeeet)

And how long ago was this?

I had some tough teachers, too. But I graduated high school in 91. (20 years ago? :beer: Sheeeeet)

Old man :D

How long ago? You must have missed my birthday thread. Cincy made a point of posting my age :beer: I graduated high school one year ago today.

:beer: I was like this in little league too. I pitched when I was 10, 11, and 12. I'd have days where I would hold the opposing team to 2 or less runs for the entire 6 innings and some scrub who drove in our meaningless 10th run would get the game ball...because it was his first hit in 3 games. Boy was I pissed. :beer:

Of course, I quit baseball when I was 13 and picked up non-team sports. I hated sharing glory, and I hated sharing blame as well.

I quit team sports when I was 14 and picked up a chef's knife and a bong. Deadly combination...trust me.

I quit team sports when I was 14 and picked up a chef's knife and a bong. Deadly combination...trust me.

And great fried chicken gizzards I have holes in my underwear older than you. I could have sworn you were at least my age.

Really? I find that odd. I would have thought that the folks on here would at least know what ballpark my age was in.

Cue DC Tom cutting in and saying, "I knew the date of your birthday as soon as you posted here."

I was the perpetual bench warmer 40 something years ago ...... when i got up to bat, my "team mates" would be were worse than the other team as far as heckling. I sucked. Bad. I could barely lift the bat, and I felt like throwing up every time I was on deck. Couldn't climb the rope in gym, and was the favorite target for dodge ball. You need us to feel good about yourself. to be on point here ...... I was probably sharper than half my class, and definately stunted from the abuse I took. ..... It's sports. It meant **** then, it means ****,now. It's not about how good you are at something, it's about how you treat others. I'm glad they don't single kids out anymore....... sucks to be an athelete, I guess.

I was the perpetual bench warmer 40 something years ago ...... when i got up to bat, my "team mates" would be were worse than the other team as far as heckling. I sucked. Bad. I could barely lift the bat, and I felt like throwing up every time I was on deck. Couldn't climb the rope in gym, and was the favorite target for dodge ball. You need us to feel good about yourself. to be on point here ...... I was probably sharper than half my class, and definately stunted from the abuse I took. ..... It's sports. It meant **** then, it means ****,now. It's not about how good you are at something, it's about how you treat others. I'm glad they don't single kids out anymore....... sucks to be an athelete, I guess.

Sounds like you you forced into somting you didnt want to do. AND still regret it.

You may need to talk to someone about this..........

Sounds like you you forced into somting you didnt want to do. AND still regret it.

You may need to talk to someone about this..........

I Was forced, but I don't dwell on it ...... just drinking Bourbon and got caught up in the PPP