Where's the outrage from the Libs???

Oh, I'm sorry. Its different now.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/06/24/ci...kwater-in-afgh/

The CIA has hired the private security firm Xe Services to guard its facilities in Afghanistan and elsewhere, it was reported Thursday.

An industry source tells The Washington Post the contract, worth about $100 million, is for "protective services... guard services, in multiple regions."

<script type=text/javascript> <script src="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/23/AR2010062305255_StoryJs.js" type=text/javascript>CIA contract is worth about $100 million, said the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the deal, which is classifiedIt's for protective services . . . guard services, in multiple regions," the source said. Xe, formerly known as Blackwater Worldwide, won the deal over two other security contractors, Triple Canopy and DynCorp International, the source told the newspaper.

News of the contract comes after a federal commission investigating war-zone contractors criticized the State Department this week for granting Xe a $120 million deal to guard U.S. consulates under construction in Afghanistan. The North Carolina-based firm has been under scrutiny since its paramilitary employees, acting as security personnel, were involved in a shooting incident in Iraq that left 17 people dead in 2007.

A Xe spokesman had no comment on the CIA contract.

A U.S. official familiar with the deal told the Post that the company "has undergone some serious changes" since the incident in Iraq.

"They've had to prove to the government that they're a responsible outfit. Having satisfied every legal requirement, they have the right to compete for contracts," the official said. "They have people who do good work, at times in some very dangerous places. Nobody should forget that, either."

CIA spokesman Paul Gimigliano told the Post that Xe personnel would not be used only for security and would not be involved in operations.

"We have a very careful process when it comes to procurement, and we take it seriously. We've also made it clear that personnel from Xe do not serve with the CIA in any operational roles," Gimigliano said.

i, for one, am outraged. mercenaries should have no role in our defense system. their presence is fraught with problems not the least of which is pay differential between the mercs and the regular armed forces and the resentment that must garner. the fact that they've shown repeatedly that they can't be trusted and are unaccountable to almost anybody is also very scary. the image of them "maintaining order" in new orleans after katrina is not easily forgotten. very disappointed in this news. am very interested to hear clinton's explanation for this.

more fuel for the fire: "i think you are privatizing something that is what essentially sets a nation-state apart, which is a monopoly on violence"-obama, 2008, arguing against private military contractors. can't see how this move can be rationalized.

Because Dick Cheney's secret outsourced army is now doing the bidding of the Obama Administration

Honestly, I'm tired of being outraged. I have become apathetic. There will always be mercenaries. I may lean toward "the left", but it's all the same ****.

I understand, it's easy to get tired of being outraged. That's so 2006

[/quote

Allright Pally, I admit that I hated that asclown (Bush) still do, but I defy you to find a post I made concerning Blackwater. And I stopped posting here well before that embarressment's 2nd term ended ........ :beer:

Allright Pally, I admit that I hated that asclown (Bush) still do, but I defy you to find a post I made concerning Blackwater. And I stopped posting here well before that embarressment's 2nd term ended ........ :beer:

I wasn't making this personal about you

But there were plenty of people "like you" that had their panties in a knot over this during the Bush Administration. And rightly so, because it was wrong then. I just hope that the people "like you" have their panties are equally tangled during the Obama Administration.

Becuase, umm. This stuff shouldn't be happening

I wasn't making this personal about you

But there were plenty of people "like you" that had their panties in a knot over this during the Bush Administration. And rightly so, because it was wrong then. I just hope that the people "like you" have their panties are equally tangled during the Obama Administration.

Becuase, umm. This stuff shouldn't be happening

There is SO much wrong with this administration, Nation, World, that I truely, don't see how anything I think or do will have any impact on the status quo. I have always voted, and to some degree been involved locally, but (and maybe this is age) in all honesty, I'm thinking that a full on revolution is needed to make things right, and then the next generation can watch as the corruption and greed seeps in. If I WAS 18 and someone told me that I wrote this, I would be disgusted. And still the oil spews.

(okay this has turned into a LAMP) my apologies

I'm a progressive and I am profoundly disappointed in Obama and the Democrats, doesn't really leave me many options politically speaking - Republicans who are about 99% (just about everyone except Ron Paul) owned by special interests and Democrats who are about 80% owned - tea baggers, greenies, commies, libertarians all seem a little nuts but that's who I'm voting for from now on - too bad there aren't any Libs like Nixon or Eisenhower out there - yeah in their time they were conservatives but now they'd be center left.

Republicans who are about 99% (just about everyone except Ron Paul) owned by special interests and Democrats who are about 80% owned - tea baggers, greenies, commies, libertarians all seem a little nuts but that's who I'm voting for from now on - too bad there aren't any Libs like Nixon or Eisenhower out there - yeah in their time they were conservatives but now they'd be center left.

You're an idealist, but soon you will find that 99% of your idols are also bought and paid for

I'm a progressive and I am profoundly disappointed in Obama and the Democrats

I knew a tried and true blue lib ask me how disappointed I was in Obama, and I told her not in the least. She asked why. I told her that I knew exactly what we were getting with Obama

Hope and change rainbow farting unicorns sound great to the partisans and steel melting connors, but the realists understand what's happening

this $120 million pays for the safe keeping of the children of the upper class. without the mercenaries, a draft would be needed and then we would see nonvolunteer casualties. the wars would lose significant support almost immediately. the romans didn't widely use mercenaries until they were in steep decline. this does not bode well...

Actually, there are plenty of options to 'crats and 'pubs. In November, just vote for challengers and vote incumbents out. Imagine voting EVERY incumbent OUT--judges, council persons, state legislators, Senators--now there's a message! Send the message that you'll keep at it until your elected reps accomplish what you want to happen.

You know, like what should be happening now....

Honestly, I'm tired of being outraged. I have become apathetic.
There is SO much wrong with this administration, Nation, World, that I truely, don't see how anything I think or do will have any impact on the status quo.

I believe they have you right where they want you.

The word is embarrassment not embarressment.

There is SO much wrong with this administration, Nation, World, that I truely,

The word is truly not truely.

You really should not be correcting other peoples spelling, just sayin.

Answer:

In the cupboard in the hall, second drawer on the left, the same place they keep their phony Iraq War "moral superiority". They used to keep their smug, Global Warming superiority next to it, but since that got exposed...they put it, their race card, and their "tolerance" whip(*) all in a box in the basement labeled "Open in 2010, when Republicans are in power again".

(* Ever notice how we haven't heard "tolerance" much since it was clearly determined that dog fighting is part of Vick's culture? Guess we DON'T have to be tolerant of every culture? Or do we? We don't know, hence the whip goes away)

Answer:

In the cupboard in the hall, second drawer on the left, the same place they keep their phony "moral superiority". They used to keep their smug, Global Warming superiority next to it, but since that got exposed...they put it, their race card, and their "tolerance" whip(*) all in a box in the basement labeled "Open in 2010, when Republicans are in power again".

(* Ever notice how we haven't heard "tolerance" much since it was clearly determined that dog fighting is part of Vick's culture? Guess we DON'T have to be tolerant of every culture? Or do we? We don't know, hence the whip goes away)

Maybe it's time to ressurect the tolerance thread you started sometime back. :flirt: