Jags to L.A

Mike Freeman of CBS is saying that the owner's are going to decide to move the Jags to most likely L.A in 2 or 3 years. Of course its not for sure, but I can definitely see that it could be true after going to the Bills v. Jags last year. No fan support and a badly located stadium.

One of the fans dint know who Paul Posluszny was, I know because I was wearing Poz's jersey. Said he never heard of him.

I think this bodes well for our future in Buffalo. Thoughts????

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has more or less been known. The fan support for the Jags has been atrocious, despite having made the playoffs a good portion of their existence.

As for the future of the Bills, at least we know they won't be moving to LA. Now Toronto OTOH...Just kidding. I think they'll end up playing more games in Toronto, but still be based in Buffalo.

One of the fans dint know who Paul Posluszny was, I know because I was wearing Poz's jersey. Said he never heard of him.

Hasn't she ever sen his hair? It's beautiful.

jacksonville is suppose to be a college football town, not knowing who Poz is means you just meant someone real ignorant to football. Poz was the best linebacker in college when we drafted him. I think Poz is better known as a Nittany Lion then a Bill.

jacksonville is suppose to be a college football town, not knowing who Poz is means you just meant someone real ignorant to football. Poz was the best linebacker in college when we drafted him. I think Poz is better known as a Nittany Lion then a Bill.

Dont know what makes you think that theyre a college football town. UNF in Jacksonville is probably the farthest thing from being a football school. The only thing would be that Georgia and Florida meet there to play once a year. The majority of fans come from either Athens or Gainesville.

Jacksonville just isnt cut out to have a NFL franchise. Plain and simple.

What makes them a college football town is the Florida/Georgia rivalry. There are a lot of fans for both in Jacksonville (maybe even more Bulldog fans than Gator fans). So the fact that he didn't know a Big Ten guy doesn't surprise me too much. Had Poz played in the SEC I'm sure a lot more people would have recognized the jersey.

Patrick Willis disagrees.

Mike Freeman of CBS is saying that the owner's are going to decide to move the Jags to most likely L.A in 2 or 3 years. Of course its not for sure, but I can definitely see that it could be true after going to the Bills v. Jags last year. No fan support and a badly located stadium.

ILOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @U

you know every ilb in the league?

Was a strange market to move into to begin with.

They were the true darkhorse in the '94 expansion extravaganza. That is, until Weaver offered an 11th hour pot sweetener: 5 years of gauranteed sellouts -i.e. 50% of full gate receipts to all visiting teams. Voila! League membership! I lived there at that time and sure enough, every game was televised locally for the 1st 5 seasons, though you could walk up to the ticket counter every Sunday and purchase a choice seat.

Nothings' changed, except that Weaver won't buy all the tickets anymore.

ILOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @U

I lolololololololololololol at youuu... Because yes, I do know ILBs on every other teams or at least would recognize if I saw them. As would the majority of this forums contributors.

They keep making excuses for Jax. Bad economy? boo-frickin'-hoo! Underrated fans? Huh? Those rednecks don't give a crap, plain and simple. Meanwhile Buffalo, a city in far far worse shape economically than Jax will ever be, keeps selling out RWS for a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in a decade. Cry me a river.

PTR

ILOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @U

I lolololololololololololol at youuu... Because yes, I do know ILBs on every other teams or at least would recognize if I saw them. As would the majority of this forums contributors.

No argument that Jax sucks as a football town, but I think some of you guys overestimate the reach of Poz with football fans. He was the 4th LB picked in that draft and has been injury-prone on a crappy team since. Do you really know every 2d round pick to come out of college in the last few years?