The Two Escobars

Peter

I recorded earlier in the evening, and I could not stop watching this once everyone else went to bed. As a result, I am still awake at 3:14 a.m.

For those of you that do not know, it is a documentary about Columbia that focuses on Pablo Escobar (the infamous drug dealer) and Andres Escobar (no relation - the former captain of the Columbian national soccer team that was murdered back in Columbia after his own goal against the US in the World Cup).

It was fascinating and compelling. I thorougly recommend it if you have an opportunity to see it.

I recorded this show on the DVR....Heard many good things about this show.

And my DVR has ability to record two shows at same time.

So ESPN and ESPN 2 will BOTH at 9:30 this AM.

I'd like not to hear the results and see the recordings

'fresh', but that ain't gonna happen...I'll listen to the matches

on XM radio.

GO USA

I recorded earlier in the evening, and I could not stop watching this once everyone else went to bed. As a result, I am still awake at 3:14 a.m.

For those of you that do not know, it is a documentary about Columbia that focuses on Pablo Escobar (the infamous drug dealer) and Andres Escobar (no relation - the former captain of the Columbian national soccer team that was murdered back in Columbia after his own goal against the US in the World Cup).

It was fascinating and compelling. I thorougly recommend it if you have an opportunity to see it.

You'll want to listen to Bill Simmons' interview with Jeff Zimbalist (co-director). There you'll get some of the back story.

Similar to what the OP said, I turned this on, and couldn't stop watching.

Fantastic documentary.

I've enjoyed all the "30 for 30" films I've seen so far. But I am falling behind. I saw all of the first 12 but missed the last 4.

I just set the DVR for two of those "The Two Escobars" and "June 17th, 1994" but will have to wait a few weeks to set the DVR for "The 16th Man" and "Straight Outta LA"

http://30for30.espn.com/schedule.html

I've enjoyed all the "30 for 30" films I've seen so far. But I am falling behind. I saw all of the first 12 but missed the last 4.

I just set the DVR for two of those "The Two Escobars" and "June 17th, 1994" but will have to wait a few weeks to set the DVR for "The 16th Man" and "Straight Outta LA"

http://30for30.espn.com/schedule.html

I haven't seen all of the shows in the series, but about 10 of them. They have been excellent, for the most part. The only one that I thought was sub-par, was the Los Angeles Raiders documentary. I thought it was very interesting, and enjoyed it, but, it was a little too long for the subject...it was kind of repetitive. Can't wait to see the Escobars episode.