How Do You Solve A Problem Like McCrystal?

A topic worth discussing, I believe.

Personally, I don't care for this level of irresponsibility. It undermines everyone's efforts. Consequently, I think you have to fire him, which is too bad because we have enough problems in Afghanistan without having to replace who I understand to be the architect of the surge.

Just very unfortunate, and it puts the WH in a very bad position. Look forward to hearing input from the military folks. Isn't this considered completely and utterly out of line?

(Though on a strictly partisan level, the "Bite me" comment was kind of funny.)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you that none of us in here can make an informed decision whether or not he should be let go or not. On the one hand, he has absolutely undermined the Commander and chief and that is grounds for his dismissal, on the other hand we have no earthly idea if there is someone capable of following through with the presidents plan as well as McCrystal. If they the Obama administration believe they can find a capable replacement then my guess is that hes gone, if not, then it would be awfully tough to let him go.

McCrystal obviously made a huge mistake, and under no circumstances should he have ever of made that misstep, but speaking from a military viewpoint, its quite evident that he believes that Obamas whole team is a made up of a bunch of outdated, inept, unprepared nincompoops.

"Obama clearly didn't know anything about him, who he was," the aide said. "Here's the guy who's going to run his [expletive] war, but he didn't seem very engaged. The boss was pretty disappointed."

Obama not engaged in his job as president? What a shock!

Anyone notice that he didn't take any of his comments back?

My interest in this story is tempered by my belief that Hastings is at best a mediocre reporter, and that Rolling Stone's editorial policy favors "edginess" over any sense of professionalism or accuracy.

Which is not to say that I'm not very surprised that McCrystal would exercise such indiscretion in front of a reporter. :flirt: When you refer to the VP as "bite me", it's not EVER going to be "off the record". :unsure:

He should get fired or put to pasture. He can question things. He can even do that dick move of being subtle in the press. But his "bite me" is over the line. You can't say that about the boss or his right hand man and expect less. See ya.

He should get fired or put to pasture. He can question things. He can even do that dick move of being subtle in the press. But his "bite me" is over the line. You can't say that about the boss or his right hand man and expect less. See ya.

Come on JA, that's nothing. You should see what my staff says about me. It's all in good fun. :unsure:

Come on JA, that's nothing. You should see what my staff says about me. It's all in good fun. :unsure:

It is nothing until the press gets hold of it and it becomes a story. Then it's something.

If one of my employees told one of my partners to "bite me" or said to a co-worker that "Jay can bite me," they would lose their job in most circumstances.

For the leader of a major military mission to say that about the VP is way beyond water-cooler gossip and shows a massive failure in judgment. HE WAS TALKING TO A REPORTER!

It is nothing until the press gets hold of it and it becomes a story. Then it's something.

If one of my employees told one of my partners to "bite me" or said to a co-worker that "Jay can bite me," they would lose their job in most circumstances.

For the leader of a major military mission to say that about the VP is way beyond water-cooler gossip and shows a massive failure in judgment. HE WAS TALKING TO A REPORTER!

JA, see that little devil smilie thing? Sarcasm man.

I can tell you that none of us in here can make an informed decision whether or not he should be let go or not. On the one hand, he has absolutely undermined the Commander and chief and that is grounds for his dismissal, on the other hand we have no earthly idea if there is someone capable of following through with the presidents plan as well as McCrystal. If they the Obama administration believe they can find a capable replacement then my guess is that hes gone, if not, then it would be awfully tough to let him go.

McCrystal obviously made a huge mistake, and under no circumstances should he have ever of made that misstep, but speaking from a military viewpoint, its quite evident that he believes that Obamas whole team is a made up of a bunch of outdated, inept, unprepared nincompoops.

Struck me as kind of funny. Compared to the Commander and chiefs complete undermining of the USA it's almost a non story. What a shame that a general who has obviously accomplished a lot in his life. Has more integrity in one of his movements after chili night, has to apologize to Obama.

Sounds like McCrystal is the one saying "see ya". He figured the best way to show support for his troops was to expose the clowns who are in charge of running this country. There's no way I believe that McCrystal wanted to remain at his current position for much longer.

If he was talking about Biden, he deserves a medal.

Ya, except one thing, he didnt say BITE ME, it was one of his aides, but whatever.....

Sounds like McCrystal is the one saying "see ya". He figured the best way to show support for his troops was to expose the clowns who are in charge of running this country. There's no way I believe that McCrystal wanted to remain at his current position for much longer.

A US general commanding tens of thousands of troops in a Middle East war doesn't intentionally embarrass his bosses in a music magazine because he thinks that's the best way to expose them as clowns.

Please stop.