The Tudors

ricojes

Did anyone watch the series finale this past Sunday? I thought it was really well done and not at all what I expected. You almost felt sorry for the old tyrant by the end. I liked the theme of Henry coming to grips with his mortality. The symbolism and visions with past wives was well done, as well as the reflections on his reign when looking at the painting. I am going to miss this series, I really enjoyed it. Hopefully the Borgias, coming to Showtime in 2011, will be good as well.

Did anyone watch the series finale this past Sunday? I thought it was really well done and not at all what I expected. You almost felt sorry for the old tyrant by the end. I liked the theme of Henry coming to grips with his mortality. The symbolism and visions with past wives was well done, as well as the reflections on his reign when looking at the painting. I am going to miss this series, I really enjoyed it. Hopefully the Borgias, coming to Showtime in 2011, will be good as well.

Should have continued it with Elizabeth who was at least as compelling as her old man, if not more.

Should have continued it with Elizabeth who was at least as compelling as her old man, if not more.

I agree.

I also will miss the series. I thought that it was very well done and compelling.

I was hoping all along that they would go through Edward-Mary-Elizabeth. Elizabeth of course was amazing bu has been done before. In the context of Henry as her father, it would have been a great continuation to follow the children.

Great series. Must have cost a fortune to make each year.

I was hoping all along that they would go through Edward-Mary-Elizabeth. Elizabeth of course was amazing bu has been done before. In the context of Henry as her father, it would have been a great continuation to follow the children.

Great series. Must have cost a fortune to make each year.

I have wondered that as well. This article, written during the first season, says it reportedly is budgeted at 3.5 million per episode. That's even more than I imagined, and three years ago.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/ente...05_tudor30.html