NY to raise tobacco tax's

Medicare is socialized medicine for the elderly. It's existence reshapes the structure of private insurance. And why would anyone refuse it when they're already forced to pay for it?

http://www.forces.org/evidence/files/kip.htm

i get no benefit regarding the medicare fund and my interest in it from decreased pension benefits due to early death of smokers . as your link points out, this represents the majority of the savings from smoking on a federal level.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get no benefit regarding the medicare fund and my interest in it from decreased pension benefits due to early death of smokers . as your link points out, this represents the majority of the savings from smoking on a federal level.

:censored:+1. I am still waiting for him to point out when the STATE which is collecting these 300% taxs on tobacco will pay my medical bills, rather than Medicare, which I HAVE PAID INTO ALL MY LIFE AS A PAYROLL DEDUCTION.

Prices are NOT going up, except for the "premium" weed. And even there, prices are pretty stable and have been for a long time.

You have posted NOTHING thats factual. ALL of the above is PURE speculation on your part.

"Vast fields" of corporate grown pot, huh?

I posted facts......YOU posted speculation.

I didn't post speculation. That is exactly what will happen if marijuana is made legal.

0:)+1. I am still waiting for him to point out when the STATE which is collecting these 300% taxs on tobacco will pay my medical bills, rather than Medicare, which I HAVE PAID INTO ALL MY LIFE AS A PAYROLL DEDUCTION.

i love it when libertarians scrape and claw for their entitlements. would you take a deal to get payed back what you put in to medicare + 7% interest so you can buy private insurance at 65? if i was running hcfa and you are a smoker i'd gladly make that deal.

i love it when libertarians scrape and claw for their entitlements. would you take a deal to get payed back what you put in to medicare + 7% interest so you can buy private insurance at 65? if i was running hcfa and you are a smoker i'd gladly make that deal.

Pfft. If I got paid back what I put in Medicare under your terms? I'd turn that + my additional saving for elder care into at least $2-3 million dollars by the time I was 65. With that kind of money, I wil self-insure. And I will tell HCFA....and CMS, and all the rest of the stooges, to kiss my ass. You might want to go back to the drawing board with this argument, because far too many people will take it.

If the government stopped taking my money, and let me invest it and provide for my own elder care arrangements, which I have every intention of doing anyway, I would be overjoyed. Besides, per my signature, you can spare me the BS: these programs aren't going to be around for me anyway.

I would absolutely love to opt out of every single FDR/LBJ abortion immediately. There is simply no way in hell the JV team, at best, at the government knows better than I do what to do with money. That may not be true for everyone, but the fact that it is true for most people means we shouldn't be forcing everyone into something they neither want or need. That's not "the land of the free" that is "the land of the lowest common denominator". No thank you, that's not America.

The ridiculous reimbursement structure that comes from HCFA alone proves my point. Ever seen an MDS? The ONLY people who would consider that to be a solid piece of quality assurance work....are the JV team at the government. If one of my people came to me and said they wanted to deliver that piece of schit to one of our clients? They better run, fast.