White House: Whole country benefits when Prez golfs

Scotty Starnes, I go waaay way back with that dude. :thumbsup:

Smart guy, but hes about as partisan as you get.

Just randomly searched for and found a link that gave everyone a picture of the empty words of this absentee president. It's not hearsay, it's actual video of Obama saying he will not rest until the leaked has been plugged. So then he goes golfing 7 times, has a full schedule of parties and sporting events to attend? It's disgustingly irresponsible behavior no matter who is blogging about it. Wouldn't it be nice if the media would call him out on his fulltime golfing schedule during an ongoing event he compared to 911, an ongoing event that he described as the worst environmental disaster in America's history? Obama needs to either start doing his job or resign.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again shocking news from Europe. Reducing spending and even raise taxes...all in the name of debt reduction.

Give me a reasonable temporary tax that is exclusively used to reduce the debt and I'm in, provided cost-cutting steps are also being implemented.

Give me a reasonable temporary tax that is exclusively used to reduce the debt and I'm in, provided cost-cutting steps are also being implemented.

Me too, even though I know no tax is temporary. Reducing deficit is about the only thing I'm OK with paying more taxes for but it had better come dollar for dollar (or more) with equivalent cuts. Tax a trillion--cut a trillion.

Me too, even though I know no tax is temporary. Reducing deficit is about the only thing I'm OK with paying more taxes for but it had better come dollar for dollar (or more) with equivalent cuts. Tax a trillion--cut a trillion.

As anti-tax I am I'm all for that too. It either happens (increases) now on a big scale or later on a ruinous scale. But the key is they have to be temporary and have a sunset provision just as Bush's tax cuts did. I think it can be done.

I think it can be done.

It absolutely can be done, but it won't. You need a Chris Christie-like character in the WH to make this happen, and I can't imagine a guy like that getting elected president unless this country manages to go to hell in a handbasket in a jetpack. And we both know the current administration pays little more than lip service to the idea of cutting costs given that their idea of big savings is photocopying on both sides of a piece of paper.

How naive you guys are... You really believe that you can trust politicians to tax for the sake of reducing the deficit and then expect them to repeal those taxes afterwards?

There is little need to tax more than what we are already doing, our problem isnt so much one of revenues as it one of spending.

Proof: The three highest state tax rates are the three states that are deepest in the red.

How naive you guys are... You really believe that you can trust politicians to tax for the sake of reducing the deficit and then expect them to repeal those taxes afterwards?

There is little need to tax more than what we are already doing, our problem isnt so much one of revenues as it one of spending.

Proof: The three highest state tax rates are the three states that are deepest in the red.

I don't believe any of us actually BELIEVE they would do this. We're just saying (or at least I'm just saying) I wouldn't have a problem contributing IF the right scenario was presented.

It absolutely can be done, but it won't. You need a Chris Christie-like character in the WH to make this happen, and I can't imagine a guy like that getting elected president unless this country manages to go to hell in a handbasket in a jetpack. And we both know the current administration pays little more than lip service to the idea of cutting costs given that their idea of big savings is photocopying on both sides of a piece of paper.

You need that guy in the White House and a few hundred more in Congress.

None of the 536 in the Congress and 1600 PA Ave can do it. That's why it's time to dump them all.

You need that guy in the White House and a few hundred more in Congress.

None of the 536 in the Congress and 1600 PA Ave can do it. That's why it's time to dump them all.

And replace them with what? Different Republicans and different Democrats.

Change you can believe in :unsure:

And replace them with what? Different Republicans and different Democrats.

Change you can believe in :unsure:

Different is step one. With 95% plus incumbent reelection rates, look to yourself to blame for what's going on. At least new blood would prove we're not zombie voters. And if the new guys suck, vote them out too.

Not me. We are taxed so much on so many different things the numbers can not even be comprehended anymore. Our elected officials have virtually unlimited power because of the amount of money they control and they take advantage at every opportunity.

Every single day there is story after story in the paper about gov't bribery, nepotism, graft and embezzlement. Every single day. At federal, state and local levels. No one even bats an eye anymore.

In NYS, yesterday's "where your tax dollars are going" edition was about $18MM earmarked by the Governor to pay for rabbinical students' tuition at certain targeted orthodox schools. Why? Because when the Governor was still considering running for reelection, he decided he needed a little more support in the downstate Jewish community. Nice.

In NYS, yesterday's "where your tax dollars are going" edition was about $18MM earmarked by the Governor to pay for rabbinical students' tuition at certain targeted orthodox schools. Why? Because when the Governor was still considering running for reelection, he decided he needed a little more support in the downstate Jewish community. Nice.

California has college scholarships for illegal aliens. I kid you not. :unsure:

Different is step one. With 95% plus incumbent reelection rates, look to yourself to blame for what's going on. At least new blood would prove we're not zombie voters. And if the new guys suck, vote them out too.

This.

I do not see a hope other than this... and it needs to happen quickly.